Re: [Hybrid List] Spotify (was: Re: Dogstar Instrumental)

  • Kiri Hatton
    Message 1 of 30 , May 7, 2009
      I tried it, realised there was basically nothing of the music i like on there and went right back to last.fm lol

      Message 2 of 30 , May 10, 2009
        So i didnt realize that Hybrid were involved with the music production on this ...

        Glad we got some heads up on that one ...

        So I did a little research and found out they are in the production stages on 2 other films at the moment ..

        Exile to Babylon (2010) (announced) (music supervisor)
        The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3 (2009) (completed) (music programmer)

        Glad I could be of some service

        RICK

        To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com
        From: magnus@...
        Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 09:13:12 +0200
        Subject: RE: [Hybrid List] Re: Dogstar Instrumental

        Hi there,

        I�m not posting very often nor going to the UK for gigs� regrettably

        Anyhoo� I saw X-Men Origins Wolverine yesterday and noticed that the Hybrid
        touch on the music (credited as �additional programming� or something
        similar) was very noticeable at times � entertaining movie when watched with
        no expectations and no knowledge of the marvel universe � the music is
        _very_ good and is noticeably �ber produced in contrast to the rest of the
        production value of the movie which is lackluster at times.

        My 2c..

        Anyone discouraged by Spotify�s complete lack of progressive music? Anyone
        using it?

        Anyone care to list the latest and hottest track? I need to refresh my
        catalogue�

        /Magnus

        Message 3 of 30 , May 11, 2009
          We knew they were doing Wolverine for ages didn't we??

          I thought the music was pretty good. But I'd agree with your comment about
          the production values of the rest of the film. Some of the effects in places
          were more than shoddy... but that along with the seemingly gapping plot hole
          in Star Trek (another film I thoroughly enjoyed this weekend) is a topic for
          another forum.

          HGW seems to be working with Hybrid on most things he does, good
          relationship obviously.
          While watching the credits and waiting for the "hidden" end titles sequence
          that has become a norm with marvel films I did mention it to my mates in the
          cinema to take note who the "Additional Programming" under the music credits
          were to.

          Si

        • ally @ hybrid-group.com
          Message 4 of 30 , May 11, 2009
            Star Trek... I'm a bit of a lover of Star Trek. I didn't really want to see the film...but did anywhere and am so glad I did. I loved it! Totally didn't expect to :)

          • dcraig@nmt.edu
            Message 5 of 30 , May 11, 2009
              Why didn't you want to see it? I was totally looking forward to it and
              I'm pretty happy with it overall. I actually think it could have stood to
              be longer which is not usually my stance on movies.

              - Dan

              > Star Trek... I'm a bit of a lover of Star Trek. I didn't really want to
              > see the film...but did anywhere and am so glad I did. I loved it! Totally
              > didn't expect to :)

              >> Some of the effects in places
              >> were more than shoddy... but that along with the seemingly gapping plot
              >> hole
              >> in Star Trek (another film I thoroughly enjoyed this weekend) is a topic
              >> for
              >> another forum.

            • moshie61
              Message 6 of 30 , Oct 22, 2009
                came across an interesting little mash of;

                Empire Of The Sun - Walking On A Dream
                Hybrid - If I Survive
                UNKLE - Guns Blazing

                http://audioporncentral.com/2009/07/bynar-surviving-on-a-dream.html
              • Trent Saunders
                Message 7 of 30 , Oct 22, 2009
                  LOVE Empire of the sun!!!!! GO AUSSIES!!!!

                • Trent Saunders
                  Message 8 of 30 , Oct 22, 2009
                    As an add to this mashup post (and to further keep this list in motion as it has been for the last few days) here is an edit I did f Rose of jericho by BT and Hyperballad by Bjork. Turned out really well, especially the orchestral part. =) check it out and enjoy!

                  • BRIAN GROCE
                    Message 9 of 30 , Oct 22, 2009
                      Hithere. I have tried MANY TIMES to get off of this website and I still keep getting these emails for Hybrid. PLEASE TAKE ME OFF ONCE AND FOR ALL. THANKS

                      BRIAN

                      To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com
                      From: reallyknowyourenemy@...
                      Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 19:30:28 -0700
                      Subject: Re: [Hybrid List] Hybrid Mashup

                      As an add to this mashup post (and to further keep this list in motion as it has been for the last few days) here is an edit I did f Rose of jericho by BT and Hyperballad by Bjork. Turned out really well, especially the orchestral part. =) check it out and enjoy!

                    • Drew Ressler
                      Message 10 of 30 , Oct 22, 2009
                        No. It's not like there are ways to unsubscribe at the bottom of every
                        e-mail that's sent, that would be WAY too easy :P

                        Thanks

                        Drew Ressler
                        http://www.rukes.com/
                        #1 DJ Photographer in the USA
                        :: Insomniac :: Giant :: Pioneer ::

                        To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com

                        Message 11 of 30 , Oct 22, 2009
                          Oops- The BT rose of jericho vs Bjork hyperballad mashup LINK =P its Friday, My brain isn't switched on =D

                          http://www.sendspace.com/file/t7vwp0
                          Trent.

                        • Darrin Maunders
                          Message 12 of 30 , Oct 23, 2009
                            I like! BTW DownloadHelper FTW. ;)

                            bynar_-_surviving_on_a_dream.mp3

                            Message 13 of 30 , Oct 25, 2009
                              I reckon how cool is "we are the people" wonder if there are any good remixs of that

                              Message 14 of 30 , Oct 29, 2009
                                Its official, (Unless you haven't already heard)

                                (From Hybrid's Myspace)We're very happy to announce that our new LP is finally finished and ready to be mastered. It's been 2 years in the making and we've been solidly in the studio since last summer piecing it together. The album is called Disappear Here and is set for a worldwide release in March/April next year on Distinctive Records.

                                Recently we've been recording the City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra for the album under the watchful eye of Andrew Skeet who we worked with on our second LP. Below are some photos from the session and a video clip of the recording.

                                Musically, we think this album isn't so much a departure from our sound, but a development and a fresh approach that has produced some of the most exciting music we've ever written. We'll be posting clips of the new LP and a host of free downloads in the coming months so watch this space....

                                Mike, Chris & Charlotte.x

                                also check out a vid recording of the Prague orchestral sessions here

                                http://vimeo.com/7326952

                              • Darrin Maunders
                                Message 15 of 30 , Oct 29, 2009
                                  OMFG I am sooooooooooooooo excited now! That teaser video gets me horny :)

                                • dcraig@nmt.edu
                                  Message 16 of 30 , Oct 30, 2009
                                    Maybe it's my post birthday diabetic coma (and pure hatred for cold) but I
                                    find that album title kinda silly.

                                    The strings in that video sound kind of interesting but I was really
                                    hoping they'd ditch the "dark" sound they decided to adopt in 2001. It's
                                    been done to death since then.

                                    - Dan

                                    > Its official, (Unless you haven't already heard)
                                    >

                                    > (From Hybrid's Myspace)We're very happy to announce that our new LP is
                                    > finally finished and ready to be mastered. It's been 2 years in the making
                                    > and we've been solidly in the studio since last summer piecing it
                                    > together. The album is called Disappear Here and is set for a worldwide
                                    > release in March/April next year on Distinctive Records.
                                    >
                                    > Recently we've been recording the City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra
                                    > for the album under the watchful eye of Andrew Skeet who we worked with on
                                    > our second LP. Below are some photos from the session and a video clip of
                                    > the recording.
                                    >
                                    > Musically, we think this album isn't so much a departure from our sound,
                                    > but a development and a fresh approach that has produced some of the most
                                    > exciting music we've ever written. We'll be posting clips of the new LP
                                    > and a host of free downloads in the coming months so watch this space....
                                    >
                                    > Mike, Chris & Charlotte.x
                                    >
                                    > also check out a vid recording of the Prague orchestral sessions here

                                    > http://vimeo.com/7326952

                                  • Hybridesque ...
                                    Message 17 of 30 , Oct 30, 2009
                                      Oh man, I cannot wait!

                                      I've been way too quiet on here, maybe because I spend more time listening to Rock/Indie these days (plus haven't seen the boys for over a year, please guys.. get up north into Yorkshire/Lancashire and I'll make it there, hell or high water will not stop me!)

                                      Hybrid still have that power over me. Just induces the most intense feelings and then the world suddenly feels slow.

                                      Jitesh.

                                      To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com
                                      From: dcraig@...
                                      Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 09:32:34 -0600
                                      Subject: Re: [Hybrid List] HYBRID: New album 'Disappear Here'

                                      Maybe it's my post birthday diabetic coma (and pure hatred for cold) but I

                                      find that album title kinda silly.

                                      The strings in that video sound kind of interesting but I was really

                                      hoping they'd ditch the "dark" sound they decided to adopt in 2001. It's

                                      been done to death since then.

                                      - Dan

                                      > Its official, (Unless you haven't already heard)

                                      > (From Hybrid's Myspace)We're very happy to announce that our new LP is

                                      > finally finished and ready to be mastered. It's been 2 years in the making

                                      > and we've been solidly in the studio since last summer piecing it

                                      > together. The album is called Disappear Here and is set for a worldwide

                                      > release in March/April next year on Distinctive Records.

                                      > Recently we've been recording the City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra

                                      > for the album under the watchful eye of Andrew Skeet who we worked with on

                                      > our second LP. Below are some photos from the session and a video clip of

                                      > the recording.

                                      > Musically, we think this album isn't so much a departure from our sound,

                                      > but a development and a fresh approach that has produced some of the most

                                      > exciting music we've ever written. We'll be posting clips of the new LP

                                      > and a host of free downloads in the coming months so watch this space....

                                      > Mike, Chris & Charlotte.x

                                      > also check out a vid recording of the Prague orchestral sessions here

                                      > http://vimeo.com/7326952

                                    • Trent Saunders
                                      Message 18 of 30 , Oct 30, 2009
                                        I for one love the darker sounds, I like the emotional type Hybrid (Rise again, Immaculate, If I Just For today, Until Tomorrow etc...) gives me those chills!! Maybe I am a depressing person haha

                                      • Łukasz
                                        Message 19 of 30 , Nov 1, 2009
                                          I don't think You should be worried about not getting any "dark 2001 adopted sound". The clip covers mostly an orchestra part recording session. The real thing is at the end. And with the solid female vocal plus the addictive natural live percussion rhythm the track gets very specific "hybrid-like" dark flavour. Or do You understand the "dark 2001 adopted sound" different? Any track title examples of that?

                                          Gitartist

                                          > Maybe it's my post birthday diabetic coma (and pure hatred for cold) but I
                                          > find that album title kinda silly.
                                          >
                                          > The strings in that video sound kind of interesting but I was really
                                          > hoping they'd ditch the "dark" sound they decided to adopt in 2001. It's
                                          > been done to death since then.
                                          >
                                          > - Dan
                                          >
                                          > > Its official, (Unless you haven't already heard)
                                          > >

                                          > > (From Hybrid's Myspace)We're very happy to announce that our new LP is
                                          > > finally finished and ready to be mastered. It's been 2 years in the making
                                          > > and we've been solidly in the studio since last summer piecing it
                                          > > together. The album is called Disappear Here and is set for a worldwide
                                          > > release in March/April next year on Distinctive Records.
                                          > >
                                          > > Recently we've been recording the City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra
                                          > > for the album under the watchful eye of Andrew Skeet who we worked with on
                                          > > our second LP. Below are some photos from the session and a video clip of
                                          > > the recording.
                                          > >
                                          > > Musically, we think this album isn't so much a departure from our sound,
                                          > > but a development and a fresh approach that has produced some of the most
                                          > > exciting music we've ever written. We'll be posting clips of the new LP
                                          > > and a host of free downloads in the coming months so watch this space....
                                          > >
                                          > > Mike, Chris & Charlotte.x
                                          > >
                                          > > also check out a vid recording of the Prague orchestral sessions here

                                          > > http://vimeo.com/7326952

                                        • renholder24
                                          Message 20 of 30 , Nov 2, 2009
                                            What was wrong with the direct [mp3] link
                                            <http://audioporncentral.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/bynar_-_survivin\
                                            g_on_a_dream.mp3> ? :D

                                            --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, Darrin Maunders <darrin@...> wrote:

                                            > I like! BTW DownloadHelper FTW. ;)
                                            >
                                            > bynar_-_surviving_on_a_dream.mp3
                                            >
                                            > moshie61 wrote:
                                            > >

                                            > > came across an interesting little mash of;
                                            > >
                                            > > Empire Of The Sun - Walking On A Dream
                                            > > Hybrid - If I Survive
                                            > > UNKLE - Guns Blazing
                                            > >
                                            > > http://audioporncentral.com/2009/07/bynar-surviving-on-a-dream.html

                                            <http://audioporncentral.com/2009/07/bynar-surviving-on-a-dream.html>

                                          • RICHARD LUND
                                            Message 21 of 30 , Nov 2, 2009
                                              anyone else think this song sounds familiar ...

                                              possibly a score cue recycled ?

                                              RICK

                                              To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com
                                              From: reallyknowyourenemy@...
                                              Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 17:39:42 -0700

                                              Message 22 of 30 , Nov 3, 2009
                                                Yeah that is that too I just thought some people might like to hear it before they decided to download it...

                                                Message 23 of 30 , Nov 3, 2009
                                                  Familiar in the hybrid sound kinda way...but no I havent heard that particular piece before...its certainly not from the 'scores' set of tracks but maybe from some of the score work that they have done for movies (I havent heard much of that)...have they done any score work for movies that is worth listening to outside of the context of a movie?