Spotify (was: Re: Dogstar Instrumental)

  • ally @ hybrid-group.com
    Message 1 of 30 , May 7, 2009
      >Anyone discouraged by Spotify's complete lack of progressive music?
      >Anyone using it?

      I'm using it a bit…mainly when I am bored of all my music and don't want to think. I tend to pick an artist radio station.

      There's still a way to them to go though… the normal radio isn't great, they tend to list things like "Simon & Garfunkel" in the 2000's for music, just because a CD of their greatest hits was released then.

      Still, it's quick and the music quality is better than Napster when streaming… all the services seem to have pros and cons. If they can only produce one with just all the pros, that would be great ;-)

      Ally
    • Kiri Hatton
      Message 2 of 30 , May 7, 2009
        I tried it, realised there was basically nothing of the music i like on there and went right back to last.fm lol

        >Anyone discouraged by Spotify's complete lack of progressive music?
        >Anyone using it?

        I'm using it a bit.mainly when I am bored of all my music and don't want to think. I tend to pick an artist radio station.

        There's still a way to them to go though. the normal radio isn't great, they tend to list things like "Simon & Garfunkel" in the 2000's for music, just because a CD of their greatest hits was released then.

        Still, it's quick and the music quality is better than Napster when streaming. all the services seem to have pros and cons. If they can only produce one with just all the pros, that would be great ;-)

      • RICHARD LUND
        Message 3 of 30 , May 10, 2009
          So i didnt realize that Hybrid were involved with the music production on this ...

          Glad we got some heads up on that one ...

          So I did a little research and found out they are in the production stages on 2 other films at the moment ..

          Exile to Babylon (2010) (announced) (music supervisor)
          The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3 (2009) (completed) (music programmer)

          Glad I could be of some service

          RICK

          To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com
          From: magnus@...
          Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 09:13:12 +0200
          Subject: RE: [Hybrid List] Re: Dogstar Instrumental

          Hi there,

          I�m not posting very often nor going to the UK for gigs� regrettably

          Anyhoo� I saw X-Men Origins Wolverine yesterday and noticed that the Hybrid
          touch on the music (credited as �additional programming� or something
          similar) was very noticeable at times � entertaining movie when watched with
          no expectations and no knowledge of the marvel universe � the music is
          _very_ good and is noticeably �ber produced in contrast to the rest of the
          production value of the movie which is lackluster at times.

          My 2c..

          Anyone discouraged by Spotify�s complete lack of progressive music? Anyone
          using it?

          Anyone care to list the latest and hottest track? I need to refresh my
          catalogue�

          /Magnus

          Message 4 of 30 , May 11, 2009
            We knew they were doing Wolverine for ages didn't we??

            I thought the music was pretty good. But I'd agree with your comment about
            the production values of the rest of the film. Some of the effects in places
            were more than shoddy... but that along with the seemingly gapping plot hole
            in Star Trek (another film I thoroughly enjoyed this weekend) is a topic for
            another forum.

            HGW seems to be working with Hybrid on most things he does, good
            relationship obviously.
            While watching the credits and waiting for the "hidden" end titles sequence
            that has become a norm with marvel films I did mention it to my mates in the
            cinema to take note who the "Additional Programming" under the music credits
            were to.

            Si

          • ally @ hybrid-group.com
            Message 5 of 30 , May 11, 2009
              Star Trek... I'm a bit of a lover of Star Trek. I didn't really want to see the film...but did anywhere and am so glad I did. I loved it! Totally didn't expect to :)

            • dcraig@nmt.edu
              Message 6 of 30 , May 11, 2009
                Why didn't you want to see it? I was totally looking forward to it and
                I'm pretty happy with it overall. I actually think it could have stood to
                be longer which is not usually my stance on movies.

                - Dan

                > Star Trek... I'm a bit of a lover of Star Trek. I didn't really want to
                > see the film...but did anywhere and am so glad I did. I loved it! Totally
                > didn't expect to :)

                >> Some of the effects in places
                >> were more than shoddy... but that along with the seemingly gapping plot
                >> hole
                >> in Star Trek (another film I thoroughly enjoyed this weekend) is a topic
                >> for
                >> another forum.

              • moshie61
                Message 7 of 30 , Oct 22, 2009
                  came across an interesting little mash of;

                  Empire Of The Sun - Walking On A Dream
                  Hybrid - If I Survive
                  UNKLE - Guns Blazing

                  http://audioporncentral.com/2009/07/bynar-surviving-on-a-dream.html
                • Trent Saunders
                  Message 8 of 30 , Oct 22, 2009
                    LOVE Empire of the sun!!!!! GO AUSSIES!!!!

                  • Trent Saunders
                    Message 9 of 30 , Oct 22, 2009
                      As an add to this mashup post (and to further keep this list in motion as it has been for the last few days) here is an edit I did f Rose of jericho by BT and Hyperballad by Bjork. Turned out really well, especially the orchestral part. =) check it out and enjoy!

                    • BRIAN GROCE
                      Message 10 of 30 , Oct 22, 2009
                        Hithere. I have tried MANY TIMES to get off of this website and I still keep getting these emails for Hybrid. PLEASE TAKE ME OFF ONCE AND FOR ALL. THANKS

                        BRIAN

                        To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com
                        From: reallyknowyourenemy@...
                        Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 19:30:28 -0700
                        Subject: Re: [Hybrid List] Hybrid Mashup

                        As an add to this mashup post (and to further keep this list in motion as it has been for the last few days) here is an edit I did f Rose of jericho by BT and Hyperballad by Bjork. Turned out really well, especially the orchestral part. =) check it out and enjoy!

                      • Drew Ressler
                        Message 11 of 30 , Oct 22, 2009
                          No. It's not like there are ways to unsubscribe at the bottom of every
                          e-mail that's sent, that would be WAY too easy :P

                          Thanks

                          Drew Ressler
                          http://www.rukes.com/
                          #1 DJ Photographer in the USA
                          :: Insomniac :: Giant :: Pioneer ::

                          To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com

                          Message 12 of 30 , Oct 22, 2009
                            Oops- The BT rose of jericho vs Bjork hyperballad mashup LINK =P its Friday, My brain isn't switched on =D

                            http://www.sendspace.com/file/t7vwp0
                            Trent.

                          • Darrin Maunders
                            Message 13 of 30 , Oct 23, 2009
                              I like! BTW DownloadHelper FTW. ;)

                              bynar_-_surviving_on_a_dream.mp3

                              Message 14 of 30 , Oct 25, 2009
                                I reckon how cool is "we are the people" wonder if there are any good remixs of that

                                Message 15 of 30 , Oct 29, 2009
                                  Its official, (Unless you haven't already heard)

                                  (From Hybrid's Myspace)We're very happy to announce that our new LP is finally finished and ready to be mastered. It's been 2 years in the making and we've been solidly in the studio since last summer piecing it together. The album is called Disappear Here and is set for a worldwide release in March/April next year on Distinctive Records.

                                  Recently we've been recording the City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra for the album under the watchful eye of Andrew Skeet who we worked with on our second LP. Below are some photos from the session and a video clip of the recording.

                                  Musically, we think this album isn't so much a departure from our sound, but a development and a fresh approach that has produced some of the most exciting music we've ever written. We'll be posting clips of the new LP and a host of free downloads in the coming months so watch this space....

                                  Mike, Chris & Charlotte.x

                                  also check out a vid recording of the Prague orchestral sessions here

                                  http://vimeo.com/7326952

                                • Darrin Maunders
                                  Message 16 of 30 , Oct 29, 2009
                                    OMFG I am sooooooooooooooo excited now! That teaser video gets me horny :)

                                  • dcraig@nmt.edu
                                    Message 17 of 30 , Oct 30, 2009
                                      Maybe it's my post birthday diabetic coma (and pure hatred for cold) but I
                                      find that album title kinda silly.

                                      The strings in that video sound kind of interesting but I was really
                                      hoping they'd ditch the "dark" sound they decided to adopt in 2001. It's
                                      been done to death since then.

                                      - Dan

                                      > Its official, (Unless you haven't already heard)
                                      >

                                      > (From Hybrid's Myspace)We're very happy to announce that our new LP is
                                      > finally finished and ready to be mastered. It's been 2 years in the making
                                      > and we've been solidly in the studio since last summer piecing it
                                      > together. The album is called Disappear Here and is set for a worldwide
                                      > release in March/April next year on Distinctive Records.
                                      >
                                      > Recently we've been recording the City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra
                                      > for the album under the watchful eye of Andrew Skeet who we worked with on
                                      > our second LP. Below are some photos from the session and a video clip of
                                      > the recording.
                                      >
                                      > Musically, we think this album isn't so much a departure from our sound,
                                      > but a development and a fresh approach that has produced some of the most
                                      > exciting music we've ever written. We'll be posting clips of the new LP
                                      > and a host of free downloads in the coming months so watch this space....
                                      >
                                      > Mike, Chris & Charlotte.x
                                      >
                                      > also check out a vid recording of the Prague orchestral sessions here

                                      > http://vimeo.com/7326952

                                    • Hybridesque ...
                                      Message 18 of 30 , Oct 30, 2009
                                        Oh man, I cannot wait!

                                        I've been way too quiet on here, maybe because I spend more time listening to Rock/Indie these days (plus haven't seen the boys for over a year, please guys.. get up north into Yorkshire/Lancashire and I'll make it there, hell or high water will not stop me!)

                                        Hybrid still have that power over me. Just induces the most intense feelings and then the world suddenly feels slow.

                                        Jitesh.

                                        To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com
                                        From: dcraig@...
                                        Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 09:32:34 -0600
                                        Subject: Re: [Hybrid List] HYBRID: New album 'Disappear Here'

                                        Maybe it's my post birthday diabetic coma (and pure hatred for cold) but I

                                        find that album title kinda silly.

                                        The strings in that video sound kind of interesting but I was really

                                        hoping they'd ditch the "dark" sound they decided to adopt in 2001. It's

                                        been done to death since then.

                                        - Dan

                                        > Its official, (Unless you haven't already heard)

                                        > (From Hybrid's Myspace)We're very happy to announce that our new LP is

                                        > finally finished and ready to be mastered. It's been 2 years in the making

                                        > and we've been solidly in the studio since last summer piecing it

                                        > together. The album is called Disappear Here and is set for a worldwide

                                        > release in March/April next year on Distinctive Records.

                                        > Recently we've been recording the City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra

                                        > for the album under the watchful eye of Andrew Skeet who we worked with on

                                        > our second LP. Below are some photos from the session and a video clip of

                                        > the recording.

                                        > Musically, we think this album isn't so much a departure from our sound,

                                        > but a development and a fresh approach that has produced some of the most

                                        > exciting music we've ever written. We'll be posting clips of the new LP

                                        > and a host of free downloads in the coming months so watch this space....

                                        > Mike, Chris & Charlotte.x

                                        > also check out a vid recording of the Prague orchestral sessions here

                                        > http://vimeo.com/7326952

                                      • Trent Saunders
                                        Message 19 of 30 , Oct 30, 2009
                                          I for one love the darker sounds, I like the emotional type Hybrid (Rise again, Immaculate, If I Just For today, Until Tomorrow etc...) gives me those chills!! Maybe I am a depressing person haha

                                        • Łukasz
                                          Message 20 of 30 , Nov 1, 2009
                                            I don't think You should be worried about not getting any "dark 2001 adopted sound". The clip covers mostly an orchestra part recording session. The real thing is at the end. And with the solid female vocal plus the addictive natural live percussion rhythm the track gets very specific "hybrid-like" dark flavour. Or do You understand the "dark 2001 adopted sound" different? Any track title examples of that?

                                            Gitartist

                                            > Maybe it's my post birthday diabetic coma (and pure hatred for cold) but I
                                            > find that album title kinda silly.
                                            >
                                            > The strings in that video sound kind of interesting but I was really
                                            > hoping they'd ditch the "dark" sound they decided to adopt in 2001. It's
                                            > been done to death since then.
                                            >
                                            > - Dan
                                            >
                                            > > Its official, (Unless you haven't already heard)
                                            > >

                                            > > (From Hybrid's Myspace)We're very happy to announce that our new LP is
                                            > > finally finished and ready to be mastered. It's been 2 years in the making
                                            > > and we've been solidly in the studio since last summer piecing it
                                            > > together. The album is called Disappear Here and is set for a worldwide
                                            > > release in March/April next year on Distinctive Records.
                                            > >
                                            > > Recently we've been recording the City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra
                                            > > for the album under the watchful eye of Andrew Skeet who we worked with on
                                            > > our second LP. Below are some photos from the session and a video clip of
                                            > > the recording.
                                            > >
                                            > > Musically, we think this album isn't so much a departure from our sound,
                                            > > but a development and a fresh approach that has produced some of the most
                                            > > exciting music we've ever written. We'll be posting clips of the new LP
                                            > > and a host of free downloads in the coming months so watch this space....
                                            > >
                                            > > Mike, Chris & Charlotte.x
                                            > >
                                            > > also check out a vid recording of the Prague orchestral sessions here

                                            > > http://vimeo.com/7326952

                                          • renholder24
                                            Message 21 of 30 , Nov 2, 2009
                                              What was wrong with the direct [mp3] link
                                              <http://audioporncentral.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/bynar_-_survivin\
                                              g_on_a_dream.mp3> ? :D

                                              Message 22 of 30 , Nov 2, 2009
                                                anyone else think this song sounds familiar ...

                                                possibly a score cue recycled ?

                                                RICK

                                                To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com
                                                From: reallyknowyourenemy@...
                                                Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 17:39:42 -0700

                                                Message 23 of 30 , Nov 3, 2009
                                                  Yeah that is that too I just thought some people might like to hear it before they decided to download it...

                                                  Message 24 of 30 , Nov 3, 2009
                                                    Familiar in the hybrid sound kinda way...but no I havent heard that particular piece before...its certainly not from the 'scores' set of tracks but maybe from some of the score work that they have done for movies (I havent heard much of that)...have they done any score work for movies that is worth listening to outside of the context of a movie?