RE: [Hybrid List] Re: Dogstar Instrumental

  • Magnus Lorentz
    Message 1 of 30 , May 7, 2009
      Hi there,

      I’m not posting very often nor going to the UK for gigs… regrettably

      Anyhoo… I saw X-Men Origins Wolverine yesterday and noticed that the Hybrid
      touch on the music (credited as ‘additional programming’ or something
      similar) was very noticeable at times – entertaining movie when watched with
      no expectations and no knowledge of the marvel universe – the music is
      _very_ good and is noticeably über produced in contrast to the rest of the
      production value of the movie which is lackluster at times.

      My 2c..

      Anyone discouraged by Spotify’s complete lack of progressive music? Anyone
      using it?

      Anyone care to list the latest and hottest track? I need to refresh my
      catalogue…

      /Magnus

      Message 2 of 30 , May 7, 2009
        >Anyone discouraged by Spotify's complete lack of progressive music?
        >Anyone using it?

        I'm using it a bit…mainly when I am bored of all my music and don't want to think. I tend to pick an artist radio station.

        There's still a way to them to go though… the normal radio isn't great, they tend to list things like "Simon & Garfunkel" in the 2000's for music, just because a CD of their greatest hits was released then.

        Still, it's quick and the music quality is better than Napster when streaming… all the services seem to have pros and cons. If they can only produce one with just all the pros, that would be great ;-)

        Ally
      • Kiri Hatton
        Message 3 of 30 , May 7, 2009
          I tried it, realised there was basically nothing of the music i like on there and went right back to last.fm lol

          >Anyone discouraged by Spotify's complete lack of progressive music?
          >Anyone using it?

          I'm using it a bit.mainly when I am bored of all my music and don't want to think. I tend to pick an artist radio station.

          There's still a way to them to go though. the normal radio isn't great, they tend to list things like "Simon & Garfunkel" in the 2000's for music, just because a CD of their greatest hits was released then.

          Still, it's quick and the music quality is better than Napster when streaming. all the services seem to have pros and cons. If they can only produce one with just all the pros, that would be great ;-)

        • RICHARD LUND
          Message 4 of 30 , May 10, 2009
            So i didnt realize that Hybrid were involved with the music production on this ...

            Glad we got some heads up on that one ...

            So I did a little research and found out they are in the production stages on 2 other films at the moment ..

            Exile to Babylon (2010) (announced) (music supervisor)
            The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3 (2009) (completed) (music programmer)

            Glad I could be of some service

            RICK

            To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com
            From: magnus@...
            Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 09:13:12 +0200
            Subject: RE: [Hybrid List] Re: Dogstar Instrumental

            Hi there,

            I�m not posting very often nor going to the UK for gigs� regrettably

            Anyhoo� I saw X-Men Origins Wolverine yesterday and noticed that the Hybrid
            touch on the music (credited as �additional programming� or something
            similar) was very noticeable at times � entertaining movie when watched with
            no expectations and no knowledge of the marvel universe � the music is
            _very_ good and is noticeably �ber produced in contrast to the rest of the

            "drquack02" <drquack02@> wrote:

            > > There hasn't been an instrumental version used anywhere.
            > >
            > > The closest thing you can get is "Hooligan" which is a demo for dogstar
            before the vocals.

            > > It's on the Scores CD and isn't up for purchase...right now...
            > >
            > > -Chris
            > >
            > > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com <mailto:HybridUK%40yahoogroups.com> ,
            "Brian" <rys@> wrote:

            > > > Hello,
            > > >
            > > > Does anyone know if there is a instrumental version of Dog Star?
            (album version not the club remix version) Also, if it exists, where I might
            be able to purchase/download the song?

            > > > Thanks,
            > > >
            > > > -Brian

          • Simon Chilvers
            Message 5 of 30 , May 11, 2009
              We knew they were doing Wolverine for ages didn't we??

              I thought the music was pretty good. But I'd agree with your comment about
              the production values of the rest of the film. Some of the effects in places
              were more than shoddy... but that along with the seemingly gapping plot hole
              in Star Trek (another film I thoroughly enjoyed this weekend) is a topic for
              another forum.

              HGW seems to be working with Hybrid on most things he does, good
              relationship obviously.
              While watching the credits and waiting for the "hidden" end titles sequence
              that has become a norm with marvel films I did mention it to my mates in the
              cinema to take note who the "Additional Programming" under the music credits
              were to.

              Si

            • ally @ hybrid-group.com
              Message 6 of 30 , May 11, 2009
                Star Trek... I'm a bit of a lover of Star Trek. I didn't really want to see the film...but did anywhere and am so glad I did. I loved it! Totally didn't expect to :)

              • dcraig@nmt.edu
                Message 7 of 30 , May 11, 2009
                  Why didn't you want to see it? I was totally looking forward to it and
                  I'm pretty happy with it overall. I actually think it could have stood to
                  be longer which is not usually my stance on movies.

                  - Dan

                  > Star Trek... I'm a bit of a lover of Star Trek. I didn't really want to
                  > see the film...but did anywhere and am so glad I did. I loved it! Totally
                  > didn't expect to :)

                  >> Some of the effects in places
                  >> were more than shoddy... but that along with the seemingly gapping plot
                  >> hole
                  >> in Star Trek (another film I thoroughly enjoyed this weekend) is a topic
                  >> for
                  >> another forum.

                • moshie61
                  Message 8 of 30 , Oct 22, 2009
                    came across an interesting little mash of;

                    Empire Of The Sun - Walking On A Dream
                    Hybrid - If I Survive
                    UNKLE - Guns Blazing

                    http://audioporncentral.com/2009/07/bynar-surviving-on-a-dream.html
                  • Trent Saunders
                    Message 9 of 30 , Oct 22, 2009
                      LOVE Empire of the sun!!!!! GO AUSSIES!!!!

                    • Trent Saunders
                      Message 10 of 30 , Oct 22, 2009
                        As an add to this mashup post (and to further keep this list in motion as it has been for the last few days) here is an edit I did f Rose of jericho by BT and Hyperballad by Bjork. Turned out really well, especially the orchestral part. =) check it out and enjoy!

                      • BRIAN GROCE
                        Message 11 of 30 , Oct 22, 2009
                          Hithere. I have tried MANY TIMES to get off of this website and I still keep getting these emails for Hybrid. PLEASE TAKE ME OFF ONCE AND FOR ALL. THANKS

                          BRIAN

                          To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com
                          From: reallyknowyourenemy@...
                          Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 19:30:28 -0700
                          Subject: Re: [Hybrid List] Hybrid Mashup

                          As an add to this mashup post (and to further keep this list in motion as it has been for the last few days) here is an edit I did f Rose of jericho by BT and Hyperballad by Bjork. Turned out really well, especially the orchestral part. =) check it out and enjoy!

                        • Drew Ressler
                          Message 12 of 30 , Oct 22, 2009
                            No. It's not like there are ways to unsubscribe at the bottom of every
                            e-mail that's sent, that would be WAY too easy :P

                            Thanks

                            Drew Ressler
                            http://www.rukes.com/
                            #1 DJ Photographer in the USA
                            :: Insomniac :: Giant :: Pioneer ::

                            To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com

                            Message 13 of 30 , Oct 22, 2009
                              Oops- The BT rose of jericho vs Bjork hyperballad mashup LINK =P its Friday, My brain isn't switched on =D

                              http://www.sendspace.com/file/t7vwp0
                              Trent.

                            • Darrin Maunders
                              Message 14 of 30 , Oct 23, 2009
                                I like! BTW DownloadHelper FTW. ;)

                                bynar_-_surviving_on_a_dream.mp3

                                Message 15 of 30 , Oct 25, 2009
                                  I reckon how cool is "we are the people" wonder if there are any good remixs of that

                                  Message 16 of 30 , Oct 29, 2009
                                    Its official, (Unless you haven't already heard)

                                    (From Hybrid's Myspace)We're very happy to announce that our new LP is finally finished and ready to be mastered. It's been 2 years in the making and we've been solidly in the studio since last summer piecing it together. The album is called Disappear Here and is set for a worldwide release in March/April next year on Distinctive Records.

                                    Recently we've been recording the City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra for the album under the watchful eye of Andrew Skeet who we worked with on our second LP. Below are some photos from the session and a video clip of the recording.

                                    Musically, we think this album isn't so much a departure from our sound, but a development and a fresh approach that has produced some of the most exciting music we've ever written. We'll be posting clips of the new LP and a host of free downloads in the coming months so watch this space....

                                    Mike, Chris & Charlotte.x

                                    also check out a vid recording of the Prague orchestral sessions here

                                    http://vimeo.com/7326952

                                  • Darrin Maunders
                                    Message 17 of 30 , Oct 29, 2009
                                      OMFG I am sooooooooooooooo excited now! That teaser video gets me horny :)

                                    • dcraig@nmt.edu
                                      Message 18 of 30 , Oct 30, 2009
                                        Maybe it's my post birthday diabetic coma (and pure hatred for cold) but I
                                        find that album title kinda silly.

                                        The strings in that video sound kind of interesting but I was really
                                        hoping they'd ditch the "dark" sound they decided to adopt in 2001. It's
                                        been done to death since then.

                                        - Dan

                                        > Its official, (Unless you haven't already heard)
                                        >

                                        > (From Hybrid's Myspace)We're very happy to announce that our new LP is
                                        > finally finished and ready to be mastered. It's been 2 years in the making
                                        > and we've been solidly in the studio since last summer piecing it
                                        > together. The album is called Disappear Here and is set for a worldwide
                                        > release in March/April next year on Distinctive Records.
                                        >
                                        > Recently we've been recording the City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra
                                        > for the album under the watchful eye of Andrew Skeet who we worked with on
                                        > our second LP. Below are some photos from the session and a video clip of
                                        > the recording.
                                        >
                                        > Musically, we think this album isn't so much a departure from our sound,
                                        > but a development and a fresh approach that has produced some of the most
                                        > exciting music we've ever written. We'll be posting clips of the new LP
                                        > and a host of free downloads in the coming months so watch this space....
                                        >
                                        > Mike, Chris & Charlotte.x
                                        >
                                        > also check out a vid recording of the Prague orchestral sessions here

                                        > http://vimeo.com/7326952

                                      • Hybridesque ...
                                        Message 19 of 30 , Oct 30, 2009
                                          Oh man, I cannot wait!

                                          I've been way too quiet on here, maybe because I spend more time listening to Rock/Indie these days (plus haven't seen the boys for over a year, please guys.. get up north into Yorkshire/Lancashire and I'll make it there, hell or high water will not stop me!)

                                          Hybrid still have that power over me. Just induces the most intense feelings and then the world suddenly feels slow.

                                          Jitesh.

                                          To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com
                                          From: dcraig@...
                                          Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 09:32:34 -0600
                                          Subject: Re: [Hybrid List] HYBRID: New album 'Disappear Here'

                                          Maybe it's my post birthday diabetic coma (and pure hatred for cold) but I

                                          find that album title kinda silly.

                                          The strings in that video sound kind of interesting but I was really

                                          hoping they'd ditch the "dark" sound they decided to adopt in 2001. It's

                                          been done to death since then.

                                          - Dan

                                          > Its official, (Unless you haven't already heard)

                                          > (From Hybrid's Myspace)We're very happy to announce that our new LP is

                                          > finally finished and ready to be mastered. It's been 2 years in the making

                                          > and we've been solidly in the studio since last summer piecing it

                                          > together. The album is called Disappear Here and is set for a worldwide

                                          > release in March/April next year on Distinctive Records.

                                          > Recently we've been recording the City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra

                                          > for the album under the watchful eye of Andrew Skeet who we worked with on

                                          > our second LP. Below are some photos from the session and a video clip of

                                          > the recording.

                                          > Musically, we think this album isn't so much a departure from our sound,

                                          > but a development and a fresh approach that has produced some of the most

                                          > exciting music we've ever written. We'll be posting clips of the new LP

                                          > and a host of free downloads in the coming months so watch this space....

                                          > Mike, Chris & Charlotte.x

                                          > also check out a vid recording of the Prague orchestral sessions here

                                          > http://vimeo.com/7326952

                                        • Trent Saunders
                                          Message 20 of 30 , Oct 30, 2009
                                            I for one love the darker sounds, I like the emotional type Hybrid (Rise again, Immaculate, If I Just For today, Until Tomorrow etc...) gives me those chills!! Maybe I am a depressing person haha

                                          • Łukasz
                                            Message 21 of 30 , Nov 1, 2009
                                              I don't think You should be worried about not getting any "dark 2001 adopted sound". The clip covers mostly an orchestra part recording session. The real thing is at the end. And with the solid female vocal plus the addictive natural live percussion rhythm the track gets very specific "hybrid-like" dark flavour. Or do You understand the "dark 2001 adopted sound" different? Any track title examples of that?

                                              Gitartist

                                              > Maybe it's my post birthday diabetic coma (and pure hatred for cold) but I
                                              > find that album title kinda silly.
                                              >
                                              > The strings in that video sound kind of interesting but I was really
                                              > hoping they'd ditch the "dark" sound they decided to adopt in 2001. It's
                                              > been done to death since then.
                                              >
                                              > - Dan
                                              >
                                              > > Its official, (Unless you haven't already heard)
                                              > >

                                              > > (From Hybrid's Myspace)We're very happy to announce that our new LP is
                                              > > finally finished and ready to be mastered. It's been 2 years in the making
                                              > > and we've been solidly in the studio since last summer piecing it
                                              > > together. The album is called Disappear Here and is set for a worldwide
                                              > > release in March/April next year on Distinctive Records.
                                              > >
                                              > > Recently we've been recording the City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra
                                              > > for the album under the watchful eye of Andrew Skeet who we worked with on
                                              > > our second LP. Below are some photos from the session and a video clip of
                                              > > the recording.
                                              > >
                                              > > Musically, we think this album isn't so much a departure from our sound,
                                              > > but a development and a fresh approach that has produced some of the most
                                              > > exciting music we've ever written. We'll be posting clips of the new LP
                                              > > and a host of free downloads in the coming months so watch this space....
                                              > >
                                              > > Mike, Chris & Charlotte.x
                                              > >
                                              > > also check out a vid recording of the Prague orchestral sessions here

                                              > > http://vimeo.com/7326952

                                            • renholder24
                                              Message 22 of 30 , Nov 2, 2009
                                                What was wrong with the direct [mp3] link
                                                <http://audioporncentral.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/bynar_-_survivin\
                                                g_on_a_dream.mp3> ? :D

                                                Message 23 of 30 , Nov 2, 2009
                                                  anyone else think this song sounds familiar ...

                                                  possibly a score cue recycled ?

                                                  RICK

                                                  To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com
                                                  From: reallyknowyourenemy@...
                                                  Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 17:39:42 -0700

                                                  Message 24 of 30 , Nov 3, 2009
                                                    Yeah that is that too I just thought some people might like to hear it before they decided to download it...

                                                    Message 25 of 30 , Nov 3, 2009
                                                      Familiar in the hybrid sound kinda way...but no I havent heard that particular piece before...its certainly not from the 'scores' set of tracks but maybe from some of the score work that they have done for movies (I havent heard much of that)...have they done any score work for movies that is worth listening to outside of the context of a movie?