Re: The List is now unmoderated... (gasp!)

  • Ben Abrams
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 11 3:53 AM
      Thanks Ally, this has been a good site for a long time, would have been a shame to see it die before its time....

      --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "ally @ hybrid-group.com" <ally@...> wrote:

      > Hi there everyone...
      >
      > Completely agree with everyone's comments and I genuinelly apologise for me taking so long to look at this issue. My life is quite hectic these days, so I don't get much chance to look after the list...I do take a peek every now an again.
      >
      > In days gone by (this list is 10 years old...can you believe it?!)...we used to get a lot of spam, which I why I chose to moderate. Alan, Rukes, Nick and others have done a fantastic job in moderating...but I agree with quite a few of you that it's time to take the moderation off.
      >
      > So... it's done :)
      >
      > For 10 years this has been a fantastic list, with some very lovely people contributing and I would like to see it continue.
      >
      > I'll try to pop back as much as possible... Ally x
      >

      > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Ben Abrams" <benjabrams@> wrote:
      > >
      > > It's been pointed out recently that this list is almost dead as moderation is taking an unacceptable amount of time.
      > >
      > > I'm not here to criticise anybody but I for one think that something needs to be done about it. I can appreciate that with Nick and Ally pretty much leaving the list that moderation is being left to one or few. The only active moderator I know of now is Alan so I guess this message is aimed at him indirectly. Can we not get some more moderators for this list? I will volunteer if nobody else wants to do it. Anybody else agree?

    • James Warren
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 11 3:54 AM
        I¹m still here and I still read all that comes through. Vinnie left long a
        go but he¹s active elsewhere. Grayarea have been busy writing new material
        (an album) and doing some remixes.

        James

        On 07/04/2009 00:57, "RICHARD LUND" <_schwa_@...> wrote:

        > I totally agree ...
        >
        > Not pointing any fingers ...
        >
        > Cause i think Alan also runs Hybridized (am I confused on the Alans and Andys
        > again)
        >
        > but also most of the old time talkers have also left...
        >
        > I never see posts from Ally , Nick , Vinnie....and rarely Gavin , Rukes and Mr
        > Warren ..
        >
        > What happened to those Grayarea guys ?... they used to post here ..
        >
        > But im wayyyy off topic now ...
        >
        > I agree there should be a second moderator ... im not throwing my hat into the
        > ring cause work keep me occupied 90% of the time ...
        >
        > But I definitely agree ..
        >
        > RICK
        >

        > To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com <mailto:HybridUK%40yahoogroups.com>
        > From: benjabrams@... <mailto:benjabrams%40yahoo.co.uk>
        > Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 16:18:36 +0000
        > Subject: [Hybrid] New moderators to stop the list dying?
        >
        > It's been pointed out recently that this list is almost dead as moderation is
        > taking an unacceptable amount of time.
        >
        > I'm not here to criticise anybody but I for one think that something needs to
        > be done about it. I can appreciate that with Nick and Ally pretty much leaving
        > the list that moderation is being left to one or few. The only active
        > moderator I know of now is Alan so I guess this message is aimed at him
        > indirectly. Can we not get some more moderators for this list? I will
        > volunteer if nobody else wants to do it. Anybody else agree?

      • Daniel
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 11 9:20 AM
          Ally -

          In turning off moderation, it looks like the RSS feed also got turned off. Any way you or another owner could tick it back on?

          Thanks for the many, many years of effort and attention!

          - D (8 years, 1 week!)

        • ally @ hybrid-group.com
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 12 2:33 AM
            Ooops...sorry...should be working again now :)

            --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Daniel" <aerosiecki@...> wrote:

            > Ally -
            >
            > In turning off moderation, it looks like the RSS feed also got turned off. Any way you or another owner could tick it back on?
            >
            > Thanks for the many, many years of effort and attention!
            >
            > - D (8 years, 1 week!)
          • Daniel
            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 12 9:27 AM
              Yup! Thanks. :)

              --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "ally @ hybrid-group.com" <ally@...> wrote:

              > Ooops...sorry...should be working again now :)
              >

              > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Daniel" <aerosiecki@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Ally -
              > >
              > > In turning off moderation, it looks like the RSS feed also got turned off. Any way you or another owner could tick it back on?
              > >
              > > Thanks for the many, many years of effort and attention!
            • RICHARD LUND
              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 15 4:56 PM
                10 years old .... wow ....doesnt seem that long ...

                Nice to see you still keep tabs on us Ally ...

                RICK

                To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com
                From: ally@...
                Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 10:34:32 +0000
                Subject: [Hybrid List] The List is now unmoderated... (gasp!)

                Hi there everyone...

                Completely agree with everyone's comments and I genuinelly apologise for me taking so long to look at this issue. My life is quite hectic these days, so I don't get much chance to look after the list...I do take a peek every now an again.

                In days gone by (this list is 10 years old...can you believe it?!)...we used to get a lot of spam, which I why I chose to moderate. Alan, Rukes, Nick and others have done a fantastic job in moderating...but I agree with quite a few of you that it's time to take the moderation off.

                So... it's done :)

                For 10 years this has been a fantastic list, with some very lovely people contributing and I would like to see it continue.

                I'll try to pop back as much as possible... Ally x

                Recent Activity

                1
                New Members

                2
                New LinksVisit Your Group

                Give Back
                Yahoo! for Good

                Get inspired
                by a good cause.

                Y! Toolbar
                Get it Free!

                easy 1-click access
                to your groups.

                Yahoo! Groups
                Start a group

                in 3 easy steps.
                Connect with others.
                .

              • RICHARD LUND
                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 15 4:58 PM
                  Grayarea with new material ??

                  Sounds interesting ..

                  Nice to see your still with us also James

                  RICK

                  To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com