RE: [Hybrid] New moderators to stop the list dying?

  • RICHARD LUND
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 6, 2009
      I totally agree ...

      Not pointing any fingers ...

      Cause i think Alan also runs Hybridized (am I confused on the Alans and Andys again)

      but also most of the old time talkers have also left...

      I never see posts from Ally , Nick , Vinnie....and rarely Gavin , Rukes and Mr Warren ..

      What happened to those Grayarea guys ?... they used to post here ..

      But im wayyyy off topic now ...

      I agree there should be a second moderator ... im not throwing my hat into the ring cause work keep me occupied 90% of the time ...

      But I definitely agree ..

      RICK

      To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com
      From: benjabrams@...
      Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 16:18:36 +0000
      Subject: [Hybrid] New moderators to stop the list dying?

      It's been pointed out recently that this list is almost dead as moderation is taking an unacceptable amount of time.

      I'm not here to criticise anybody but I for one think that something needs to be done about it. I can appreciate that with Nick and Ally pretty much leaving the list that moderation is being left to one or few. The only active moderator I know of now is Alan so I guess this message is aimed at him indirectly. Can we not get some more moderators for this list? I will volunteer if nobody else wants to do it. Anybody else agree?

    • ally @ hybrid-group.com
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 11, 2009
        Hi there everyone...

        Completely agree with everyone's comments and I genuinelly apologise for me taking so long to look at this issue. My life is quite hectic these days, so I don't get much chance to look after the list...I do take a peek every now an again.

        In days gone by (this list is 10 years old...can you believe it?!)...we used to get a lot of spam, which I why I chose to moderate. Alan, Rukes, Nick and others have done a fantastic job in moderating...but I agree with quite a few of you that it's time to take the moderation off.

        So... it's done :)

        For 10 years this has been a fantastic list, with some very lovely people contributing and I would like to see it continue.

        I'll try to pop back as much as possible... Ally x

        --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Ben Abrams" <benjabrams@...> wrote:

        > It's been pointed out recently that this list is almost dead as moderation is taking an unacceptable amount of time.
        >
        > I'm not here to criticise anybody but I for one think that something needs to be done about it. I can appreciate that with Nick and Ally pretty much leaving the list that moderation is being left to one or few. The only active moderator I know of now is Alan so I guess this message is aimed at him indirectly. Can we not get some more moderators for this list? I will volunteer if nobody else wants to do it. Anybody else agree?

      • Ben Abrams
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 11, 2009
          Thanks Ally, this has been a good site for a long time, would have been a shame to see it die before its time....

          --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "ally @ hybrid-group.com" <ally@...> wrote:

          > Hi there everyone...
          >
          > Completely agree with everyone's comments and I genuinelly apologise for me taking so long to look at this issue. My life is quite hectic these days, so I don't get much chance to look after the list...I do take a peek every now an again.
          >
          > In days gone by (this list is 10 years old...can you believe it?!)...we used to get a lot of spam, which I why I chose to moderate. Alan, Rukes, Nick and others have done a fantastic job in moderating...but I agree with quite a few of you that it's time to take the moderation off.
          >
          > So... it's done :)
          >
          > For 10 years this has been a fantastic list, with some very lovely people contributing and I would like to see it continue.
          >
          > I'll try to pop back as much as possible... Ally x
          >

          > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Ben Abrams" <benjabrams@> wrote:
          > >
          > > It's been pointed out recently that this list is almost dead as moderation is taking an unacceptable amount of time.
          > >
          > > I'm not here to criticise anybody but I for one think that something needs to be done about it. I can appreciate that with Nick and Ally pretty much leaving the list that moderation is being left to one or few. The only active moderator I know of now is Alan so I guess this message is aimed at him indirectly. Can we not get some more moderators for this list? I will volunteer if nobody else wants to do it. Anybody else agree?

        • James Warren
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 11, 2009
            I¹m still here and I still read all that comes through. Vinnie left long a
            go but he¹s active elsewhere. Grayarea have been busy writing new material
            (an album) and doing some remixes.

            James

            On 07/04/2009 00:57, "RICHARD LUND" <_schwa_@...> wrote:

            > I totally agree ...
            >
            > Not pointing any fingers ...
            >
            > Cause i think Alan also runs Hybridized (am I confused on the Alans and Andys
            > again)
            >
            > but also most of the old time talkers have also left...
            >
            > I never see posts from Ally , Nick , Vinnie....and rarely Gavin , Rukes and Mr
            > Warren ..
            >
            > What happened to those Grayarea guys ?... they used to post here ..
            >
            > But im wayyyy off topic now ...
            >
            > I agree there should be a second moderator ... im not throwing my hat into the
            > ring cause work keep me occupied 90% of the time ...
            >
            > But I definitely agree ..
            >
            > RICK
            >

            > To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com <mailto:HybridUK%40yahoogroups.com>
            > From: benjabrams@... <mailto:benjabrams%40yahoo.co.uk>
            > Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 16:18:36 +0000
            > Subject: [Hybrid] New moderators to stop the list dying?
            >
            > It's been pointed out recently that this list is almost dead as moderation is
            > taking an unacceptable amount of time.
            >
            > I'm not here to criticise anybody but I for one think that something needs to
            > be done about it. I can appreciate that with Nick and Ally pretty much leaving
            > the list that moderation is being left to one or few. The only active
            > moderator I know of now is Alan so I guess this message is aimed at him
            > indirectly. Can we not get some more moderators for this list? I will
            > volunteer if nobody else wants to do it. Anybody else agree?

          • Daniel
            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 11, 2009
              Ally -

              In turning off moderation, it looks like the RSS feed also got turned off. Any way you or another owner could tick it back on?

              Thanks for the many, many years of effort and attention!

              - D (8 years, 1 week!)

              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 12, 2009
                Ooops...sorry...should be working again now :)

                --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Daniel" <aerosiecki@...> wrote:

                > Ally -
                >
                > In turning off moderation, it looks like the RSS feed also got turned off. Any way you or another owner could tick it back on?
                >
                > Thanks for the many, many years of effort and attention!
                >
                > - D (8 years, 1 week!)
              • Daniel
                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 12, 2009
                  Yup! Thanks. :)

                  Message 8 of 12 , Apr 15, 2009
                    10 years old .... wow ....doesnt seem that long ...

                    Nice to see you still keep tabs on us Ally ...

                    RICK

                    To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com
                    From: ally@...
                    Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 10:34:32 +0000
                    Subject: [Hybrid List] The List is now unmoderated... (gasp!)

                    Hi there everyone...

                    Completely agree with everyone's comments and I genuinelly apologise for me taking so long to look at this issue. My life is quite hectic these days, so I don't get much chance to look after the list...I do take a peek every now an again.

                    In days gone by (this list is 10 years old...can you believe it?!)...we used to get a lot of spam, which I why I chose to moderate. Alan, Rukes, Nick and others have done a fantastic job in moderating...but I agree with quite a few of you that it's time to take the moderation off.

                    So... it's done :)

                    For 10 years this has been a fantastic list, with some very lovely people contributing and I would like to see it continue.

                    I'll try to pop back as much as possible... Ally x

                    Recent Activity

                    1
                    New Members

                    2
                    New LinksVisit Your Group

                    Give Back
                    Yahoo! for Good

                    Get inspired
                    by a good cause.

                    Y! Toolbar
                    Get it Free!

                    easy 1-click access
                    to your groups.

                    Yahoo! Groups
                    Start a group

                    in 3 easy steps.
                    Connect with others.
                    .

                  • RICHARD LUND
                    Message 9 of 12 , Apr 15, 2009
                      Grayarea with new material ??

                      Sounds interesting ..

                      Nice to see your still with us also James

                      RICK

                      To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com