New moderators to stop the list dying?

  • Ben Abrams
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 24, 2009
      It's been pointed out recently that this list is almost dead as moderation is taking an unacceptable amount of time.

      I'm not here to criticise anybody but I for one think that something needs to be done about it. I can appreciate that with Nick and Ally pretty much leaving the list that moderation is being left to one or few. The only active moderator I know of now is Alan so I guess this message is aimed at him indirectly. Can we not get some more moderators for this list? I will volunteer if nobody else wants to do it. Anybody else agree?
    • peter royal
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 6, 2009
        On Mar 24, 2009, at 12:18 PM, Ben Abrams wrote:
        > It's been pointed out recently that this list is almost dead as
        > moderation is taking an unacceptable amount of time.
        >
        > I'm not here to criticise anybody but I for one think that something
        > needs to be done about it. I can appreciate that with Nick and Ally
        > pretty much leaving the list that moderation is being left to one or
        > few. The only active moderator I know of now is Alan so I guess
        > this message is aimed at him indirectly. Can we not get some more
        > moderators for this list? I will volunteer if nobody else wants to
        > do it. Anybody else agree?

        Maybe the list just needs no moderation.

        -pete

        --
        (peter.royal|osi)@... - http://fotap.org/~osi

      • drquack02
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 6, 2009
          I would also be willing to moderate, I'm in the US.

          Don't want the group to die out.

          -Chris

          --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Ben Abrams" <benjabrams@...> wrote:

          > It's been pointed out recently that this list is almost dead as moderation is taking an unacceptable amount of time.
          >
          > I'm not here to criticise anybody but I for one think that something needs to be done about it. I can appreciate that with Nick and Ally pretty much leaving the list that moderation is being left to one or few. The only active moderator I know of now is Alan so I guess this message is aimed at him indirectly. Can we not get some more moderators for this list? I will volunteer if nobody else wants to do it. Anybody else agree?

        • RICHARD LUND
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 6, 2009
            I totally agree ...

            Not pointing any fingers ...

            Cause i think Alan also runs Hybridized (am I confused on the Alans and Andys again)

            but also most of the old time talkers have also left...

            I never see posts from Ally , Nick , Vinnie....and rarely Gavin , Rukes and Mr Warren ..

            What happened to those Grayarea guys ?... they used to post here ..

            But im wayyyy off topic now ...

            I agree there should be a second moderator ... im not throwing my hat into the ring cause work keep me occupied 90% of the time ...

            But I definitely agree ..

            RICK

            To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com
            From: benjabrams@...
            Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 16:18:36 +0000
            Subject: [Hybrid] New moderators to stop the list dying?

          • ally @ hybrid-group.com
            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 11, 2009
              Hi there everyone...

              Completely agree with everyone's comments and I genuinelly apologise for me taking so long to look at this issue. My life is quite hectic these days, so I don't get much chance to look after the list...I do take a peek every now an again.

              In days gone by (this list is 10 years old...can you believe it?!)...we used to get a lot of spam, which I why I chose to moderate. Alan, Rukes, Nick and others have done a fantastic job in moderating...but I agree with quite a few of you that it's time to take the moderation off.

              So... it's done :)

              For 10 years this has been a fantastic list, with some very lovely people contributing and I would like to see it continue.

              I'll try to pop back as much as possible... Ally x

              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 11, 2009
                Thanks Ally, this has been a good site for a long time, would have been a shame to see it die before its time....

                --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "ally @ hybrid-group.com" <ally@...> wrote:

                > Hi there everyone...
                >
                > Completely agree with everyone's comments and I genuinelly apologise for me taking so long to look at this issue. My life is quite hectic these days, so I don't get much chance to look after the list...I do take a peek every now an again.
                >
                > In days gone by (this list is 10 years old...can you believe it?!)...we used to get a lot of spam, which I why I chose to moderate. Alan, Rukes, Nick and others have done a fantastic job in moderating...but I agree with quite a few of you that it's time to take the moderation off.
                >
                > So... it's done :)
                >
                > For 10 years this has been a fantastic list, with some very lovely people contributing and I would like to see it continue.
                >
                > I'll try to pop back as much as possible... Ally x
                >

                > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Ben Abrams" <benjabrams@> wrote:
                > >
                > > It's been pointed out recently that this list is almost dead as moderation is taking an unacceptable amount of time.
                > >
                > > I'm not here to criticise anybody but I for one think that something needs to be done about it. I can appreciate that with Nick and Ally pretty much leaving the list that moderation is being left to one or few. The only active moderator I know of now is Alan so I guess this message is aimed at him indirectly. Can we not get some more moderators for this list? I will volunteer if nobody else wants to do it. Anybody else agree?

              • James Warren
                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 11, 2009
                  I¹m still here and I still read all that comes through. Vinnie left long a
                  go but he¹s active elsewhere. Grayarea have been busy writing new material
                  (an album) and doing some remixes.

                  James

                  On 07/04/2009 00:57, "RICHARD LUND" <_schwa_@...> wrote:

                  > I totally agree ...
                  >
                  > Not pointing any fingers ...
                  >
                  > Cause i think Alan also runs Hybridized (am I confused on the Alans and Andys
                  > again)
                  >
                  > but also most of the old time talkers have also left...
                  >
                  > I never see posts from Ally , Nick , Vinnie....and rarely Gavin , Rukes and Mr
                  > Warren ..
                  >
                  > What happened to those Grayarea guys ?... they used to post here ..
                  >
                  > But im wayyyy off topic now ...
                  >
                  > I agree there should be a second moderator ... im not throwing my hat into the
                  > ring cause work keep me occupied 90% of the time ...
                  >
                  > But I definitely agree ..
                  >
                  > RICK
                  >

                  > To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com <mailto:HybridUK%40yahoogroups.com>
                  > From: benjabrams@... <mailto:benjabrams%40yahoo.co.uk>
                  > Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 16:18:36 +0000
                  > Subject: [Hybrid] New moderators to stop the list dying?
                  >
                  > It's been pointed out recently that this list is almost dead as moderation is
                  > taking an unacceptable amount of time.
                  >
                  > I'm not here to criticise anybody but I for one think that something needs to
                  > be done about it. I can appreciate that with Nick and Ally pretty much leaving
                  > the list that moderation is being left to one or few. The only active
                  > moderator I know of now is Alan so I guess this message is aimed at him
                  > indirectly. Can we not get some more moderators for this list? I will
                  > volunteer if nobody else wants to do it. Anybody else agree?

                • Daniel
                  Message 8 of 12 , Apr 11, 2009
                    Ally -

                    In turning off moderation, it looks like the RSS feed also got turned off. Any way you or another owner could tick it back on?

                    Thanks for the many, many years of effort and attention!

                    - D (8 years, 1 week!)

                    Message 9 of 12 , Apr 12, 2009
                      Ooops...sorry...should be working again now :)

                      --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Daniel" <aerosiecki@...> wrote:

                      > Ally -
                      >
                      > In turning off moderation, it looks like the RSS feed also got turned off. Any way you or another owner could tick it back on?
                      >
                      > Thanks for the many, many years of effort and attention!
                      >
                      > - D (8 years, 1 week!)
                    • Daniel
                      Message 10 of 12 , Apr 12, 2009
                        Yup! Thanks. :)

                        Message 11 of 12 , Apr 15, 2009
                          10 years old .... wow ....doesnt seem that long ...

                          Nice to see you still keep tabs on us Ally ...

                          RICK

                          To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com
                          From: ally@...
                          Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 10:34:32 +0000
                          Subject: [Hybrid List] The List is now unmoderated... (gasp!)

                          Hi there everyone...

                          Completely agree with everyone's comments and I genuinelly apologise for me taking so long to look at this issue. My life is quite hectic these days, so I don't get much chance to look after the list...I do take a peek every now an again.

                          In days gone by (this list is 10 years old...can you believe it?!)...we used to get a lot of spam, which I why I chose to moderate. Alan, Rukes, Nick and others have done a fantastic job in moderating...but I agree with quite a few of you that it's time to take the moderation off.

                          So... it's done :)

                          For 10 years this has been a fantastic list, with some very lovely people contributing and I would like to see it continue.

                          I'll try to pop back as much as possible... Ally x

                          Recent Activity

                          1
                          New Members

                          2
                          New LinksVisit Your Group

                          Give Back
                          Yahoo! for Good

                          Get inspired
                          by a good cause.

                          Y! Toolbar
                          Get it Free!

                          easy 1-click access
                          to your groups.

                          Yahoo! Groups
                          Start a group

                          in 3 easy steps.
                          Connect with others.
                          .

                        • RICHARD LUND
                          Message 12 of 12 , Apr 15, 2009
                            Grayarea with new material ??

                            Sounds interesting ..

                            Nice to see your still with us also James

                            RICK

                            To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com