New Favourite Hybrid Remix Poll?

  • Ben Abrams
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 6, 2009
      I know this was done a few years back by Ms Shuttleworth et al but there have been some superb remixes released since. I know that my top 5 selection has changed dramatically since.

      Towards The Sun, Humvee Chase and Just One More would all make it into my top 5 now.

      What does everybody else think? I thought the period 2004 - 2007 was one of the finest for Hybrid remixes (see the three listed above) plus all the other Harry Greg remixes. However, I think 2008 onwards has been one of the worst(think the Suri Tribe, Chui Juan and a Dark Distance).
    • Andy Roberts
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 17, 2009
        > What does everybody else think? I thought the period 2004 - 2007 was one of the finest for Hybrid remixes (see the three listed above) plus all the other Harry Greg remixes. However, I think 2008 onwards has been one of the worst(think the Suri Tribe, Chui Juan and a Dark Distance).

        I agree although I liked the Cui Jian one, even with the unusual vocal. An instrumental would probably have been better? Didn't like Komoru at all.

        I think the Caspian remix is definitely their best for some time (if you don't count their remix of Formula of Fear).

        My favourites would include Everyday and Evacuating London, hope the new album will be done soon and there'll be more remixes of the same quality as those two that actually get released!
      • RICHARD LUND
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 1 5:35 PM
          Not in any particular order ...

          Comix - I Need Ya.. Humm!! (Hybrid Remix)

          DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince - Summertime (Hybrid Remix)

          FreQ Nasty - Boomin Back Atcha (Hybrid's Music To Plough Fields To Remix)

          Harry Gregson-Williams - Evacuating London (Hybrid's Hiding In The Wardrobe Mix)

          Truman & Wolff - Come Again (Hybrid Mix)

          RICK

          To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com
          From: benjabrams@...
          Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 12:09:45 +0000
          Subject: [Hybrid] New Favourite Hybrid Remix Poll?

          I know this was done a few years back by Ms Shuttleworth et al but there have been some superb remixes released since. I know that my top 5 selection has changed dramatically since.

          Towards The Sun, Humvee Chase and Just One More would all make it into my top 5 now.

          What does everybody else think? I thought the period 2004 - 2007 was one of the finest for Hybrid remixes (see the three listed above) plus all the other Harry Greg remixes. However, I think 2008 onwards has been one of the worst(think the Suri Tribe, Chui Juan and a Dark Distance).

        • nicolaj_sj
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 6 4:01 PM
            --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Andy Roberts" <andyrober@...> wrote:

            > > What does everybody else think? I thought the period 2004 - 2007 was one of the finest for Hybrid remixes (see the three listed above) plus all the other Harry Greg remixes. However, I think 2008 onwards has been one of the worst(think the Suri Tribe, Chui Juan and a Dark Distance).
            > >

            > I agree although I liked the Cui Jian one, even with the unusual vocal. An instrumental would probably have been better? Didn't like Komoru at all.
            >
            > I think the Caspian remix is definitely their best for some time (if you don't count their remix of Formula of Fear).
            >
            > My favourites would include Everyday and Evacuating London, hope the new album will be done soon and there'll be more remixes of the same quality as those two that actually get released!

            The Caspian remix rocks, would love to hear it unmixed. Same with the Cui Jian remix, only heard a radio rip, poor quailty, anyone know how to get it?
          • Jason
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 25 12:40 AM
              what was the name of the "Chui Juan/Cui Jian" one you speak off? :)....I cant find the Suri tribe one anywhere without having to buy the whole cd....and does anyone know if any of the harry-gregson williams ones have been released anywhere? about from the couple on the hybrid mix cds...

              --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "nicolaj_sj" <nicolaj@...> wrote:

              > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Andy Roberts" <andyrober@> wrote:
              > >

              > > > What does everybody else think? I thought the period 2004 - 2007 was one of the finest for Hybrid remixes (see the three listed above) plus all the other Harry Greg remixes. However, I think 2008 onwards has been one of the worst(think the Suri Tribe, Chui Juan and a Dark Distance).
              > > >

              > > I agree although I liked the Cui Jian one, even with the unusual vocal. An instrumental would probably have been better? Didn't like Komoru at all.
              > >
              > > I think the Caspian remix is definitely their best for some time (if you don't count their remix of Formula of Fear).
              > >
              > > My favourites would include Everyday and Evacuating London, hope the new album will be done soon and there'll be more remixes of the same quality as those two that actually get released!
              > >

              > The Caspian remix rocks, would love to hear it unmixed. Same with the Cui Jian remix, only heard a radio rip, poor quailty, anyone know how to get it?

            • Kiri Hatton
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 25 3:06 AM
                You can buy Komoru from play.com if you're uk based, here http://www.play.com/Music/MP3-Download-Album/4-/6673980/Bruce-Parry-presents-AMAZON-TRIBE-Songs-for-Survival/Product.html Not sure if it works in other countries though.

                I'd also like to know where to get the Chui Juan remix

                Kiri

                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 25 5:40 AM
                  Cui Jian remix was "I Have Nothing" you can listen to it on this -
                  http://www.hxen.com/englishlistening/CRI/2007-06-04/8932.html

                  As far as I know the HGW mixes haven't appeared yet, sadly.

                  --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Jason" <moshie61@...> wrote:

                  > what was the name of the "Chui Juan/Cui Jian" one you speak off? :)....I cant find the Suri tribe one anywhere without having to buy the whole cd....and does anyone know if any of the harry-gregson williams ones have been released anywhere? about from the couple on the hybrid mix cds...

                • drquack02
                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 25 2:12 PM
                    The "I Have Nothing" remix was done as part of a Motorola promo which I'm guessing fell flat on its face...Hyper and others did remixes none of which really made it out.

                    However, the instrumental from "I Have Nothing" was used on the "Little Bit Of This" remix that Hybrid toured with in 2006 with Charolette...so perhaps we could see some form of this on the new album?

                    No HGW remixes have come out...once again if it doesn't make it to the new album in some form odds are it will never be released.

                    -Chris

                    Message 9 of 11 , Apr 27 5:06 PM
                      The Cui Juan song is amazingly hard to find ...

                      the only time ive ever heard it is from a radio show broadcast ...and not in good quality either ..

                      rumors have it that it was on a promo cd handed out at a random show in Japan (I believe) and if you were lucky enough to have gone to that show (cant even tell ya what show it was) then you got the cd ... so you can see why its so rare and hard to find ...

                      I heard that Chris didnt like the vocals in it so it got canned ....

                      But this is all rumors ...through the grapevine kind of stuff ...

                      Someone should corner Mike or Chris and ask them about it ....

                      Im sure Chris or Mike have it on a promo cd somewhere and Im sure there are a few of you out there with it (very few...but I know your out there)...

                      And your not missing much with the Suri Tribe track ...it was interesting but definitely not in the direction I want them to go..

                      RICK

                      To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com
                      From: kirihatton@...
                      Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 11:06:56 +0100
                      Subject: Re: [Hybrid List] Re: New Favourite Hybrid Remix Poll?

                      You can buy Komoru from play.com if you're uk based, here http://www.play.com/Music/MP3-Download-Album/4-/6673980/Bruce-Parry-presents-AMAZON-TRIBE-Songs-for-Survival/Product.html Not sure if it works in other countries though.

                      I'd also like to know where to get the Chui Juan remix

                      Kiri

                      what was the name of the "Chui Juan/Cui Jian" one you speak off? :)....I cant find the Suri tribe one anywhere without having to buy the whole cd....and does anyone know if any of the harry-gregson williams ones have been released anywhere? about from the couple on the hybrid mix cds...

                      --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "nicolaj_sj" <nicolaj@...> wrote:

                      > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Andy Roberts" <andyrober@> wrote:
                      > >

                      > > > What does everybody else think? I thought the period 2004 - 2007 was one of the finest for Hybrid remixes (see the three listed above) plus all the other Harry Greg remixes. However, I think 2008 onwards has been one of the worst(think the Suri Tribe, Chui Juan and a Dark Distance).
                      > > >

                      > > I agree although I liked the Cui Jian one, even with the unusual vocal. An instrumental would probably have been better? Didn't like Komoru at all.
                      > >
                      > > I think the Caspian remix is definitely their best for some time (if you don't count their remix of Formula of Fear).
                      > >
                      > > My favourites would include Everyday and Evacuating London, hope the new album will be done soon and there'll be more remixes of the same quality as those two that actually get released!
                      > >

                      > The Caspian remix rocks, would love to hear it unmixed. Same with the Cui Jian remix, only heard a radio rip, poor quailty, anyone know how to get it?

                    • moshie61
                      Message 10 of 11 , Oct 22, 2009
                        Anyone know where to get hold of Charlotte James - Little Bit Of This (Hybrid Remix)?

                        Message 11 of 11 , Oct 25, 2009
                          I'm guessing "charlotte James - Shadows of the city" (its on the hybrid sound system 01 CD and her myspace page) was produced with hybrid (?) as all her other songs ive heard are rock/guitar (etc). Her myspace page says she is working with hybrid on their forthcoming album (as we know) but also they are working on her debut album so hopefully it might be like getting two new hybrid albums soon!