Re: [Hybrid] finished symphony remix???

  • Simon Chilvers
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 16, 2009
      A probable answer....

      *Sasha and Digweed - "Northern Exposure 2" - CD 2 - Track 13 - "Hybrid -
      Symphony"*

      This is the original track done by Mike, before it went on to become
      "Finished Symphony" and appear on the first album.

      Although this mix compilation got released in 1997 you may have heard it
      later. By 1999 Wide angle had just got its wide release and it would have
      appeared on a few more main stream compilations like the MOS Ibiza Annuals
      etc. There weren't really any "remixes" around circa 1999 apart from the
      usual radio edit and I think a beatless Orchestral Mix
      and Echoplex mix which by memory wasn't massively different than the album
      version an was only a little bit more club/dj friendly.

      Hope everyone is ok,

      Si

      On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 6:04 PM, faron.coutts <faron.coutts@...>wrote:

      > hello wonder if anyone can help? I'm looking for a remix of finished
      > symphony which was used on a house/trance mix c.d around 1998/99 i
      > thought initially it was on an essential selection c.d but cant see it
      > anywhere, now think it might have been a named d.j mix c.d but cant
      > think who.... i know thats not much to go on but the remix is very
      > similar to the original but has a what i can only decribe as a tweakin
      > sound during the chorus bit (which for me just makes the track even
      > better) anyone any ideas on the mix, the c.d or both? thanks

    • Ben Abrams
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 16, 2009
        Sounds like it could be the Echoplex mix, although I'm not 100%. How
        long is it?

        Only compilation I can personally remember it being on from around then
        was the Gatecrasher Blue compilation. Might be worth checking out the
        following link

        http://www.discogs.com/artist/Hybrid

        and look under 'Tracks Appear From' towards the bottom of the page. It
        lists most of the compilations Hybrid tracks appear on (including which
        track)

        Hope this helps

        Ben

        --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "faron.coutts" <faron.coutts@...>