finished symphony remix???

  • faron.coutts
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 12, 2009
      hello wonder if anyone can help? I'm looking for a remix of finished
      symphony which was used on a house/trance mix c.d around 1998/99 i
      thought initially it was on an essential selection c.d but cant see it
      anywhere, now think it might have been a named d.j mix c.d but cant
      think who.... i know thats not much to go on but the remix is very
      similar to the original but has a what i can only decribe as a tweakin
      sound during the chorus bit (which for me just makes the track even
      better) anyone any ideas on the mix, the c.d or both? thanks
    • nicolaj_sj
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 15, 2009
        Around 1998/99..... you probably thinking about Symphony, a early
        version of Finished Symphony that actually were included on a few DJ
        mix CD's back in 1998/99, before Wide Angle was released. There's a
        few versions on it on Beatport, though you should be able to find
        Symphony via torrents

        --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "faron.coutts" <faron.coutts@...> wrote:

        > hello wonder if anyone can help? I'm looking for a remix of finished
        > symphony which was used on a house/trance mix c.d around 1998/99 i
        > thought initially it was on an essential selection c.d but cant see it
        > anywhere, now think it might have been a named d.j mix c.d but cant
        > think who.... i know thats not much to go on but the remix is very
        > similar to the original but has a what i can only decribe as a tweakin
        > sound during the chorus bit (which for me just makes the track even
        > better) anyone any ideas on the mix, the c.d or both? thanks

      • drquack02
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 15, 2009
          Try looking up a sample of Finished Symphony (Hybrid's Echoplex Remix)

          That's probably the one you heard.

          -Chris

          --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "faron.coutts" <faron.coutts@...> wrote:

          > hello wonder if anyone can help? I'm looking for a remix of finished
          > symphony which was used on a house/trance mix c.d around 1998/99 i
          > thought initially it was on an essential selection c.d but cant see it
          > anywhere, now think it might have been a named d.j mix c.d but cant
          > think who.... i know thats not much to go on but the remix is very
          > similar to the original but has a what i can only decribe as a tweakin
          > sound during the chorus bit (which for me just makes the track even
          > better) anyone any ideas on the mix, the c.d or both? thanks

        • Simon Chilvers
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 16, 2009
            A probable answer....

            *Sasha and Digweed - "Northern Exposure 2" - CD 2 - Track 13 - "Hybrid -
            Symphony"*

            This is the original track done by Mike, before it went on to become
            "Finished Symphony" and appear on the first album.

            Although this mix compilation got released in 1997 you may have heard it
            later. By 1999 Wide angle had just got its wide release and it would have
            appeared on a few more main stream compilations like the MOS Ibiza Annuals
            etc. There weren't really any "remixes" around circa 1999 apart from the
            usual radio edit and I think a beatless Orchestral Mix
            and Echoplex mix which by memory wasn't massively different than the album
            version an was only a little bit more club/dj friendly.

            Hope everyone is ok,

            Si

            On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 6:04 PM, faron.coutts <faron.coutts@...>wrote:

            > hello wonder if anyone can help? I'm looking for a remix of finished
            > symphony which was used on a house/trance mix c.d around 1998/99 i
            > thought initially it was on an essential selection c.d but cant see it
            > anywhere, now think it might have been a named d.j mix c.d but cant
            > think who.... i know thats not much to go on but the remix is very
            > similar to the original but has a what i can only decribe as a tweakin
            > sound during the chorus bit (which for me just makes the track even
            > better) anyone any ideas on the mix, the c.d or both? thanks

          • Ben Abrams
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 16, 2009
              Sounds like it could be the Echoplex mix, although I'm not 100%. How
              long is it?

              Only compilation I can personally remember it being on from around then
              was the Gatecrasher Blue compilation. Might be worth checking out the
              following link

              http://www.discogs.com/artist/Hybrid

              and look under 'Tracks Appear From' towards the bottom of the page. It
              lists most of the compilations Hybrid tracks appear on (including which
              track)

              Hope this helps

              Ben