RE: [Hybrid] MRC / Distinct'ive Digging Up Hybrid Masters! (Symphony!)

  • Simon Jones
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 14, 2009
      They see value in anything they can make a buck from. They own a lot of
      labels and the same guy that owns it is also buying the rights to most of
      the Northern Exposure classics to re-release with new mixes.

      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 14, 2009
        about time

      • dcraig@nmt.edu
        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 14, 2009
          Awesome, a high quality version of the Symphonik Mix. I never was able to
          track down a copy of this on file and the Mp3's floating around were less
          than stellar. The precursor to all of their Echoplex styled remixes.
          Thanks for the find. With a wav I can at least burn the sucker to CD for
          posterities sake.

          - Dan

          > Hi all,
          >
          > Just wanted to let you know to watch Beatport / Juno Downloads etc.
          > for digital download additions of previously 12''/192kb only Hybrid
          > material...
          >
          > Right now you can get three Symphony mixes in full Wavs that were
          > never before available on Beatport. (Extra Fall Out Of Love mixes were
          > added, but two had errors...hopefully we will see them later)
          >
          > Really gotta give MRC (new owner of Distinct'ive) props for seeing
          > value in putting up a full digital catalog...and digging up stuff over
          > a decade old to provide to you....so give them, and Hybrid, your
          > support by downloading them...
          >
          > -Chris

        • Andy Roberts
          Message 4 of 15 , Jan 15, 2009
            The Hybrid Remix of Hyper Go Go High is for sale now too (labelled as
            the Dub)

            If anyone shopping for new digital Hybrid tracks thought the Formula of
            Fear bundle was a bit expensive, have a look at
            http://www.dancerecords.com/releases/25599 as they're selling all of
            them for a very good price.

            --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, Thomas Touzimsky <tto@...> wrote:

            > Any chance we will see some more stuff that hasn't been available on
            CD or WAV before? Thinking of some early remixes on Distinct'ive promo
            12"s and stuff.

            > ..::// Thomas Touzimsky

          • David Nichols
            Message 5 of 15 , Jan 15, 2009
              ..and I'm pleased to see the M4 Corridor Dub is there too as this was
              my personal favourite Symphony track and what started my following of
              Hybrid. I never could transfer the vinyl to wav very cleanly, so this
              has made my day.... :)

              So thanks for the heads up on this

              David

              > Awesome, a high quality version of the Symphonik Mix. I never was
              able to
              > track down a copy of this on file and the Mp3's floating around were
              less
              > than stellar. The precursor to all of their Echoplex styled remixes.
              > Thanks for the find. With a wav I can at least burn the sucker to CD
              for
              > posterities sake.
              >
              > - Dan
            • j. mincey
              Message 6 of 15 , Jan 16, 2009
                Did you guys notice that a full version of the Echoplex remix of
                Finished Symphony was also just re-released? For the past couple
                years, all I've been able to find digitally was the radio edit. I know
                that it couldn't have been available for too long, as the album
                artwork simply consists of the distinctive (pun clearly intended)
                "DISN ###" that they've been putting on their re-releases lately. I've
                seen it on Beatport (WAV or 320 kbps) and on Amazon's mp3 store( 236
                kbps VBR).

                I hope that means that we'll eventually see the back catalog of Y3K
                and Y4K EPs released digitally! I've been looking everywhere for legit
                versions of DB's "That Thing," Hybrid's "Groovology" and Hybrid's
                remix of "Bombscare," all of which seem to only be available on Y3K
                and Y4k vinyls EPs! I do know that Y4K is now its own separate record
                label, but here's to hoping that Distinctive is able to release their
                back catalog, as Y4K (as a label) doesn't seem very eager to do
                release anything at the moment...

                - James.

                --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "drquack02" <drquack02@...> wrote:
                > Right now you can get three Symphony mixes in full Wavs that were
                > never before available on Beatport.

                > Really gotta give MRC (new owner of Distinct'ive) props for seeing
                > value in putting up a full digital catalog...and digging up stuff
                over a decade old to provide to you...
              • drquack02
                Message 7 of 15 , Jan 17, 2009
                  You can find Hybrid's Bombscare remix on the Asian 2x CD version of
                  Y3K...but it is a bit rare.

                  Hopefully we will see Groovology though...those really need a release..

                  -Chris

                  --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "j. mincey" <minceyfresh@...> wrote:

                  > Did you guys notice that a full version of the Echoplex remix of
                  > Finished Symphony was also just re-released? For the past couple
                  > years, all I've been able to find digitally was the radio edit. I know
                  > that it couldn't have been available for too long, as the album
                  > artwork simply consists of the distinctive (pun clearly intended)
                  > "DISN ###" that they've been putting on their re-releases lately. I've
                  > seen it on Beatport (WAV or 320 kbps) and on Amazon's mp3 store( 236
                  > kbps VBR).
                  >
                  > I hope that means that we'll eventually see the back catalog of Y3K
                  > and Y4K EPs released digitally! I've been looking everywhere for legit
                  > versions of DB's "That Thing," Hybrid's "Groovology" and Hybrid's
                  > remix of "Bombscare," all of which seem to only be available on Y3K
                  > and Y4k vinyls EPs! I do know that Y4K is now its own separate record
                  > label, but here's to hoping that Distinctive is able to release their
                  > back catalog, as Y4K (as a label) doesn't seem very eager to do
                  > release anything at the moment...
                  >
                  > - James.
                • Nordicwarcry
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jan 19, 2009
                    Hello All,

                    I am making space in my music collection, and want to
                    off load Hybrid-related CD singles and albums from my
                    collection.

                    I will accept best & honest offers for any/all of
                    them.

                    Please respond directly if interested and please
                    specify which CD singles and/or albums interested in..

                    Thanks.....brad

                    They are:

                    Moby Bodyrock Remixes 3 tracks inc Hybrid Bodyshow
                    Remix
                    Monk & Canatella CD1 3 mixes (no Hybrid)
                    Monk & Canatella CD2 3 mixes inc Hybrid Electrotek
                    Club Mix
                    St. Etienne Boy Is Crying 3 mixes inc Hybrid Mix
                    Andreas Johnson Glorious 6 mixes inc Hybrid Mix
                    Jean Michel Jarre C’est La Vie CD1 3 mixes inc Hybrid
                    Echoplex Mix
                    Jean Michel Jarre C’est La Vie CD2 inc Futureshock &
                    Funkstorung Mixes
                    Carl Cox Phuture 2000 3 mixes Hybrid Remix Radio Edit
                    & Hybrid Remix Video Edit
                    Moby Southside 7 Mixes inc Hybrid Dishing Pump Remix &
                    Hybrid Dishing Pump Instrumental
                    Inner Sanctum How Soon is Now 6 mixes inc Hybrid Mix
                    Energy 52 – Café Del Mar ’98 3 mixes inc Hybrid’s Time
                    Traveller Remix
                    Blue Pearl – Naked in the Rain ’98 6 mixes inc Hybrid
                    Remix
                    Monk & Canatella Enter The Monk feat Hybrid Club,
                    Hybrid Dub, FreQnasty Remix and Original Version
                    Montano vs The Trumpetman Itza Trumpet Thing 7 mixes
                    inc Hybrid Remix
                    Chris Coco – Albatross 4 mixes inc Hybrid Remix
                    Adeva Don’t Think About It – 6 mixes inc Hybrid Mix
                    Musique vs U2 – New Year’s Dub 5 mixes inc Hybrid
                    Remix
                    Alison Limerick – Put Your Faith in Me 11 Remixes inc
                    Hybrid Vocal Mix and Hybrid Breakbeat Dub
                    Hyper Go Go High 6 mixes inc Hybrid Dub
                    Kevin Aviance Din Da Da 6 Mixes inc Hybrid Mix

                    Serious Offers Only for the Below Two Full Length
                    Recordings
                    +++++++
                    1)Y3K Soundtrack to the Future (2xCD) Limited Edition
                    Avex Asia Release Sealed/New (2nd CD features unmixed
                    versions of Way Out West Enlightenment, Timo Maas vs
                    Ian Wilkie –Twin Town (General Midi Remix), Bushwacka!
                    – Net Bugz, Ashtrax – Digital Reason, Sasha –
                    Rabbitweed, 2 Bad Mice –Bombscare (Hybrid Remix), Lexi
                    Love – I See You, Anthony Rother – Red Light Distric
                    (Blim’s Pro Mix), and Hybrid – High Velocity Edit.

                    2) Every Little Thing – The Remixes II Avex Trax Asia
                    Sealed/New in Plastic features remixes by Eboman,
                    DeeJay Punk Roc, Tuff Jam, Hybrid, Rod Antoon, Dom &
                    Roland, Satoshi Hidaka, DZ, HAL, Nao Nakamura, Dub
                    Master X.
                  • Telis
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jan 23, 2009
                      Hi there mate! My name is Aristotelis Berdes and i am from Greece.I am really interested about the Monk & Canatella cd single,that includes both mixes club and dub.Can you please tell me if it's still available and how much does it cost.Thanks in advance,Telis
                      Sent from my iPhone

                      Στις 20 Ιαν 2009, ώρα 3:14, ο Nordicwarcry <celticslang@...> έγραψε:

                        Message 11 of 15 , Jan 23, 2009
                          hello again,

                          that CD is now sold to another person. There are
                          plenty of other Hybrid rare remixes offered from my
                          list. Let me know if you are interested in any other
                          ones...

                        • Telis
                          Message 12 of 15 , Jan 26, 2009
                            Thanks mate,but i have all the others you are selling.

                            Sent from my iPhone

                            Στις 24 Ιαν 2009, ώρα 8:38, ο Nordicwarcry <celticslang@...> έγραψε:

                            --- Telis <cestlavie1997@...> wrote:

> [...]
                            > +++++++
                            > 1)Y3K Soundtrack to the Future (2xCD) Limited
                            > Edition
                            > Avex Asia Release Sealed/New (2nd CD features
                            > unmixed
                            > versions of Way Out West Enlightenment, Timo Maas vs
                            > Ian Wilkie –Twin Town (General Midi Remix),
                            > Bushwacka!
                            > – Net Bugz, Ashtrax – Digital Reason, Sasha –
                            > Rabbitweed, 2 Bad Mice –Bombscare (Hybrid Remix),
                            > Lexi
                            > Love – I See You, Anthony Rother – Red Light
                            > Distric
                            > (Blim’s Pro Mix), and Hybrid – High Velocity
                            > Edit.
                            >
                            > 2) Every Little Thing – The Remixes II Avex Trax
                            > Asia
                            > Sealed/New in Plastic features remixes by Eboman,
                            > DeeJay Punk Roc, Tuff Jam, Hybrid, Rod Antoon, Dom &
                            > Roland, Satoshi Hidaka, DZ, HAL, Nao Nakamura, Dub

                          • RICHARD LUND
                            Message 13 of 15 , Jan 28, 2009
                              Sorry Im so behind on this ...

                              The Hybrid Remix of Bombscare was actually released on the double cd of Y3K

                              Avex Trax release

                              Cat # : AVTCD - 95380

                              Hope this helps ya track down one more

                              RICK

                              To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.comFrom: minceyfresh@...: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 17:21:04 +0000Subject: [Hybrid] Re: MRC / Distinct'ive Digging Up Hybrid Masters! (Symphony!)

                              I hope that means that we'll eventually see the back catalog of Y3Kand Y4K EPs released digitally! I've been looking everywhere for legitversions of DB's "That Thing," Hybrid's "Groovology" and Hybrid'sremix of "Bombscare," all of which seem to only be available on Y3Kand Y4k vinyls EPs! I do know that Y4K is now its own separate record- James.

                              Recent Activity

                              1
                              New MembersVisit Your Group

                              Sell Online