MRC / Distinct'ive Digging Up Hybrid Masters! (Symphony!)

  • drquack02
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 13, 2009
      Hi all,

      Just wanted to let you know to watch Beatport / Juno Downloads etc.
      for digital download additions of previously 12''/192kb only Hybrid
      material...

      Right now you can get three Symphony mixes in full Wavs that were
      never before available on Beatport. (Extra Fall Out Of Love mixes were
      added, but two had errors...hopefully we will see them later)

      Really gotta give MRC (new owner of Distinct'ive) props for seeing
      value in putting up a full digital catalog...and digging up stuff over
      a decade old to provide to you....so give them, and Hybrid, your
      support by downloading them...

      -Chris
    • Thomas Touzimsky
      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 13, 2009
        Any chance we will see some more stuff that hasn't been available on CD or WAV before? Thinking of some early remixes on Distinct'ive promo 12"s and stuff.

        ..::// Thomas Touzimsky
      • Simon Jones
        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 14, 2009
          They see value in anything they can make a buck from. They own a lot of
          labels and the same guy that owns it is also buying the rights to most of
          the Northern Exposure classics to re-release with new mixes.

          Message 4 of 15 , Jan 14, 2009
            about time

          • dcraig@nmt.edu
            Message 5 of 15 , Jan 14, 2009
              Awesome, a high quality version of the Symphonik Mix. I never was able to
              track down a copy of this on file and the Mp3's floating around were less
              than stellar. The precursor to all of their Echoplex styled remixes.
              Thanks for the find. With a wav I can at least burn the sucker to CD for
              posterities sake.

              - Dan

              > Hi all,
              >
              > Just wanted to let you know to watch Beatport / Juno Downloads etc.
              > for digital download additions of previously 12''/192kb only Hybrid
              > material...
              >
              > Right now you can get three Symphony mixes in full Wavs that were
              > never before available on Beatport. (Extra Fall Out Of Love mixes were
              > added, but two had errors...hopefully we will see them later)
              >
              > Really gotta give MRC (new owner of Distinct'ive) props for seeing
              > value in putting up a full digital catalog...and digging up stuff over
              > a decade old to provide to you....so give them, and Hybrid, your
              > support by downloading them...
              >
              > -Chris

            • Andy Roberts
              Message 6 of 15 , Jan 15, 2009
                The Hybrid Remix of Hyper Go Go High is for sale now too (labelled as
                the Dub)

                If anyone shopping for new digital Hybrid tracks thought the Formula of
                Fear bundle was a bit expensive, have a look at
                http://www.dancerecords.com/releases/25599 as they're selling all of
                them for a very good price.

                --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, Thomas Touzimsky <tto@...> wrote:

                > Any chance we will see some more stuff that hasn't been available on
                CD or WAV before? Thinking of some early remixes on Distinct'ive promo
                12"s and stuff.

                > ..::// Thomas Touzimsky

              • David Nichols
                Message 7 of 15 , Jan 15, 2009
                  ..and I'm pleased to see the M4 Corridor Dub is there too as this was
                  my personal favourite Symphony track and what started my following of
                  Hybrid. I never could transfer the vinyl to wav very cleanly, so this
                  has made my day.... :)

                  So thanks for the heads up on this

                  David

                  > Awesome, a high quality version of the Symphonik Mix. I never was
                  able to
                  > track down a copy of this on file and the Mp3's floating around were
                  less
                  > than stellar. The precursor to all of their Echoplex styled remixes.
                  > Thanks for the find. With a wav I can at least burn the sucker to CD
                  for
                  > posterities sake.
                  >
                  > - Dan
                • j. mincey
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jan 16, 2009
                    Did you guys notice that a full version of the Echoplex remix of
                    Finished Symphony was also just re-released? For the past couple
                    years, all I've been able to find digitally was the radio edit. I know
                    that it couldn't have been available for too long, as the album
                    artwork simply consists of the distinctive (pun clearly intended)
                    "DISN ###" that they've been putting on their re-releases lately. I've
                    seen it on Beatport (WAV or 320 kbps) and on Amazon's mp3 store( 236
                    kbps VBR).

                    I hope that means that we'll eventually see the back catalog of Y3K
                    and Y4K EPs released digitally! I've been looking everywhere for legit
                    versions of DB's "That Thing," Hybrid's "Groovology" and Hybrid's
                    remix of "Bombscare," all of which seem to only be available on Y3K
                    and Y4k vinyls EPs! I do know that Y4K is now its own separate record
                    label, but here's to hoping that Distinctive is able to release their
                    back catalog, as Y4K (as a label) doesn't seem very eager to do
                    release anything at the moment...

                    - James.

                    Message 9 of 15 , Jan 17, 2009
                      You can find Hybrid's Bombscare remix on the Asian 2x CD version of
                      Y3K...but it is a bit rare.

                      Hopefully we will see Groovology though...those really need a release..

                      -Chris

                      --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "j. mincey" <minceyfresh@...> wrote:

                      > Did you guys notice that a full version of the Echoplex remix of
                      > Finished Symphony was also just re-released? For the past couple
                      > years, all I've been able to find digitally was the radio edit. I know
                      > that it couldn't have been available for too long, as the album
                      > artwork simply consists of the distinctive (pun clearly intended)
                      > "DISN ###" that they've been putting on their re-releases lately. I've
                      > seen it on Beatport (WAV or 320 kbps) and on Amazon's mp3 store( 236
                      > kbps VBR).
                      >
                      > I hope that means that we'll eventually see the back catalog of Y3K
                      > and Y4K EPs released digitally! I've been looking everywhere for legit
                      > versions of DB's "That Thing," Hybrid's "Groovology" and Hybrid's
                      > remix of "Bombscare," all of which seem to only be available on Y3K
                      > and Y4k vinyls EPs! I do know that Y4K is now its own separate record
                      > label, but here's to hoping that Distinctive is able to release their
                      > back catalog, as Y4K (as a label) doesn't seem very eager to do
                      > release anything at the moment...
                      >
                      > - James.
                    • Nordicwarcry
                      Message 10 of 15 , Jan 19, 2009
                        Hello All,

                        I am making space in my music collection, and want to
                        off load Hybrid-related CD singles and albums from my
                        collection.

                        I will accept best & honest offers for any/all of
                        them.

                        Please respond directly if interested and please
                        specify which CD singles and/or albums interested in..

                        Thanks.....brad

                        They are:

                        Moby Bodyrock Remixes 3 tracks inc Hybrid Bodyshow
                        Remix
                        Monk & Canatella CD1 3 mixes (no Hybrid)
                        Monk & Canatella CD2 3 mixes inc Hybrid Electrotek
                        Club Mix
                        St. Etienne Boy Is Crying 3 mixes inc Hybrid Mix
                        Andreas Johnson Glorious 6 mixes inc Hybrid Mix
                        Jean Michel Jarre C’est La Vie CD1 3 mixes inc Hybrid
                        Echoplex Mix
                        Jean Michel Jarre C’est La Vie CD2 inc Futureshock &
                        Funkstorung Mixes
                        Carl Cox Phuture 2000 3 mixes Hybrid Remix Radio Edit
                        & Hybrid Remix Video Edit
                        Moby Southside 7 Mixes inc Hybrid Dishing Pump Remix &
                        Hybrid Dishing Pump Instrumental
                        Inner Sanctum How Soon is Now 6 mixes inc Hybrid Mix
                        Energy 52 – Café Del Mar ’98 3 mixes inc Hybrid’s Time
                        Traveller Remix
                        Blue Pearl – Naked in the Rain ’98 6 mixes inc Hybrid
                        Remix
                        Monk & Canatella Enter The Monk feat Hybrid Club,
                        Hybrid Dub, FreQnasty Remix and Original Version
                        Montano vs The Trumpetman Itza Trumpet Thing 7 mixes
                        inc Hybrid Remix
                        Chris Coco – Albatross 4 mixes inc Hybrid Remix
                        Adeva Don’t Think About It – 6 mixes inc Hybrid Mix
                        Musique vs U2 – New Year’s Dub 5 mixes inc Hybrid
                        Remix
                        Alison Limerick – Put Your Faith in Me 11 Remixes inc
                        Hybrid Vocal Mix and Hybrid Breakbeat Dub
                        Hyper Go Go High 6 mixes inc Hybrid Dub
                        Kevin Aviance Din Da Da 6 Mixes inc Hybrid Mix

                        Serious Offers Only for the Below Two Full Length
                        Recordings
                        +++++++
                        1)Y3K Soundtrack to the Future (2xCD) Limited Edition
                        Avex Asia Release Sealed/New (2nd CD features unmixed
                        versions of Way Out West Enlightenment, Timo Maas vs
                        Ian Wilkie –Twin Town (General Midi Remix), Bushwacka!
                        – Net Bugz, Ashtrax – Digital Reason, Sasha –
                        Rabbitweed, 2 Bad Mice –Bombscare (Hybrid Remix), Lexi
                        Love – I See You, Anthony Rother – Red Light Distric
                        (Blim’s Pro Mix), and Hybrid – High Velocity Edit.

                        2) Every Little Thing – The Remixes II Avex Trax Asia
                        Sealed/New in Plastic features remixes by Eboman,
                        DeeJay Punk Roc, Tuff Jam, Hybrid, Rod Antoon, Dom &
                        Roland, Satoshi Hidaka, DZ, HAL, Nao Nakamura, Dub
                        Master X.
                      • Telis
                        Message 11 of 15 , Jan 23, 2009
                          Hi there mate! My name is Aristotelis Berdes and i am from Greece.I am really interested about the Monk & Canatella cd single,that includes both mixes club and dub.Can you please tell me if it's still available and how much does it cost.Thanks in advance,Telis
                          Sent from my iPhone

                          Στις 20 Ιαν 2009, ώρα 3:14, ο Nordicwarcry <celticslang@...> έγραψε:

                            Message 13 of 15 , Jan 23, 2009
                              hello again,

                              that CD is now sold to another person. There are
                              plenty of other Hybrid rare remixes offered from my
                              list. Let me know if you are interested in any other
                              ones...

                            • Telis
                              Message 14 of 15 , Jan 26, 2009
                                Thanks mate,but i have all the others you are selling.

                                Sent from my iPhone

                                Στις 24 Ιαν 2009, ώρα 8:38, ο Nordicwarcry <celticslang@...> έγραψε:

                                --- Telis <cestlavie1997@...> wrote:

> [...]
                                > +++++++
                                > 1)Y3K Soundtrack to the Future (2xCD) Limited
                                > Edition
                                > Avex Asia Release Sealed/New (2nd CD features
                                > unmixed
                                > versions of Way Out West Enlightenment, Timo Maas vs
                                > Ian Wilkie –Twin Town (General Midi Remix),
                                > Bushwacka!
                                > – Net Bugz, Ashtrax – Digital Reason, Sasha –
                                > Rabbitweed, 2 Bad Mice –Bombscare (Hybrid Remix),
                                > Lexi
                                > Love – I See You, Anthony Rother – Red Light
                                > Distric
                                > (Blim’s Pro Mix), and Hybrid – High Velocity
                                > Edit.
                                >
                                > 2) Every Little Thing – The Remixes II Avex Trax
                                > Asia
                                > Sealed/New in Plastic features remixes by Eboman,
                                > DeeJay Punk Roc, Tuff Jam, Hybrid, Rod Antoon, Dom &
                                > Roland, Satoshi Hidaka, DZ, HAL, Nao Nakamura, Dub

                              • RICHARD LUND
                                Message 15 of 15 , Jan 28, 2009
                                  Sorry Im so behind on this ...

                                  The Hybrid Remix of Bombscare was actually released on the double cd of Y3K

                                  Avex Trax release

                                  Cat # : AVTCD - 95380

                                  Hope this helps ya track down one more

                                  RICK

                                  To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.comFrom: minceyfresh@...: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 17:21:04 +0000Subject: [Hybrid] Re: MRC / Distinct'ive Digging Up Hybrid Masters! (Symphony!)

                                  I hope that means that we'll eventually see the back catalog of Y3Kand Y4K EPs released digitally! I've been looking everywhere for legitversions of DB's "That Thing," Hybrid's "Groovology" and Hybrid'sremix of "Bombscare," all of which seem to only be available on Y3Kand Y4k vinyls EPs! I do know that Y4K is now its own separate record- James.

                                  Recent Activity

                                  1
                                  New MembersVisit Your Group

                                  Sell Online