Where are they now ??

  • RICHARD LUND
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 27, 2008
      So whats happened to the list these days ??

      Where is everyone ??

      Vinnie , Andy , Gavin , Ally ..

      We still hear from James , Rich , Rukes , Ben , Andy & Chris and a few others (forgive me for not remembering names)

      and

      Wheres Hybrid now ??

      Whats up with the boys these days ...

      We got the Formula of Fear release & Soundsystem but what now ...

      No remixes in the works ?? ..

      I thought the switch to Hope was to release some of there score work ...well they got quite a back-catalogue of that they could start releasing it anytime now ...

      We got the Suri Tribe remix and talks of a Cui Juan remix but that was it ....

      Well I rambled on enough for one ..

      Rick

      aka GLITCH
      aka Hybridian

    • James Warren
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 5, 2008
        Vinnie is still an active mod on hybridized as is Face who crops up here from time to time too. I guess the others are around too but I've not heard from Ally for quite a while now.

        Hybrid are writing (or have written) album 4 I think. Conjecture here http://www.hybridized.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7354 and they did a studio technique video for Computer or Future Music a few months back in which they talked a bit about the new album and such like. Quite a few of their dj sets are more prog oriented these days (see Soundsystem) but not sure whether that will be reflected in the album material.

        I've just done a breaks set including Sleepwalking and, coincidentally, the FFS Knights of Cydonia Breaks remix (mentioned in another v recent post) plus others. That'll be going up on Hybridized in the next few days so keep your ears peeled if you're interested :)

        Cheers,

        James

        On 27 Nov 2008, at 16:09, RICHARD LUND wrote:

        So whats happened to the list these days ??

        Where is everyone ??

        Vinnie , Andy , Gavin , Ally ..

        [[[Moderator (Alan) says: Ahem]]]

        We still hear from James , Rich , Rukes , Ben , Andy & Chris and a few others (forgive me for not remembering names)

        and

        Wheres Hybrid now ??

        Whats up with the boys these days ...

        We got the Formula of Fear release & Soundsystem but what now ...

        No remixes in the works ?? ..

        I thought the switch to Hope was to release some of there score work ...well they got quite a back-catalogue of that they could start releasing it anytime now ...

        We got the Suri Tribe remix and talks of a Cui Juan remix but that was it ....

        Well I rambled on enough for one ..

        Rick

        aka GLITCH
        aka Hybridian
      • Georgy
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 6, 2008
          Everybody got tired of the slowness of the list mostly due to
          moderation. No conversation can be had as the response time is
          unacceptable. (your Thanksgiving email is a good example, or the
          countless party dates, times that are posted the following Monday)

          I still don't get the point of the censoring.
          - harsh language? we are adults and can cope with anything I'd believe...
          - strong opinions? same as above
          - links being posted?? I could find those links to d/l songs faster
          than click on them from messages
          and most probably there are tons more reasons and everyone has some.

          OR people just got bored with the "I heard Hybrid on the radio, wow"
          type of messages... :)))

          I'd say this list is pretty much dead now.

          cheers,
          G.

        • whizz@ukonline.co.uk
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 7, 2008
            Hybrid's move to Hope is currently only a switch of management (and one compilation). As you may have noticed, Formula Of Fear was released on Distinctive.

            Currently they are working on album #4 which will be the last of their contact with Distinctive I believe. Just recently John Graham was confirmed to be in the studio with them, and as such will contribute once again to their album.

            These days Chris and Mike do not live in the same vicinity with Chris still in Wales and Mike now residing in Derbyshire (hence the new studio in the credits of their more recent work).

            They have done a few edits, and there are rumblings of a label of their own once the contractual commitments with Distinctive are complete.

            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 12, 2008
              Thanx to everyone who replied ..

              Nice to see some chatter back up on the list here ..

              RICK
            • ally @ hybrid-group.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 15, 2008
                Hi everyone...

                I'm still here :-)

                I get chance to check messages only every now and again these days.
                Work is keeping me too busy for anything else :-(

                Hope you're all well and have a really lovely Christmas / holiday / new
                year.

                Ally x