Re: [Hybrid] Formula of Fear

  • Reallyknowyourenemy
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 29, 2008
      Trifonic used to play live with BT, so guessing he may have given them some plugin treats = )

      On 28/07/2008, at 6:54 PM, "Ben Abrams" <benjabrams@...> wrote:

      Dan,

      where would I be without you to correct me ;-)

      Seriously though, I have to agree that the WHOLE of the first half
      of CD2 is not minimilist tech house, but some, if not most of it
      is. Never been a fan of the Matrix Dub remixes really, like the
      banging but too light on the melody in my opinion. The accompanying
      Echoplex mix to many of the Matrix Dub remixes has always been my
      preference.

      Also, I'm really beginning to dig the CD1. The Charlotte James
      track is a winner, if the new Hybrid album contains songs of that
      quality then we could be in for a cracker.

      Does anybody else think that Trifonic track has very similar
      elements to one or two tracks on 'This Binary Universe'? (I put that
      in the nicest possible way)

      > We must be opposites, I LOVED the first disc. Simply awesome. I
      agree,
      > Minimalist tech house isn't my thing either and that's not really
      how I
      > viewed the first few tracks from the second disc. Also, the
      Matrix Dub of
      > Just One More sounded like any other classic Hybrid remix with that
      > particular moniker, lighter on the melody and heavy on the
      banging. I
      > thought it was actually done quite well. Very driving track.
      Very old
      > school sounding Hybrid vibe too.
      >

      > > Well, got to say I did n't dig CD1 at first but as expected it
      has
      > > begun to grow on me a lot.
      > >
      > > Can understand that people are a little disappointed with CD2.
      > > Definitely a CD of two halves with the minimilist tech house vibe
      > > first up (which, incidently I dislike enormously), journeying
      into
      > > prog house territory at the end. Not too many breaks in there,
      > > although Hybrid did point out in their latest interview that
      there's
      > > not a lot of quality breaks material out there at the mo, so I
      guess
      > > that's understandable. I definitely like the second half of CD2,
      > > think the Formula Of Fear remix is superbly produced (as most
      Hybrid
      > > remixes have been recently) so bit surprised by some people's
      > > comments. Think the end of the CD flows nicely from track 9
      through
      > > to the end, once you've managed to negotiate the rather
      uninspiring
      > > Shifter & Carvell remix of $50 Pistol.
      > >
      > > I'm hardly going to comment on the first half of CD2, I do not
      like
      > > it. The only thing I will say is that the Matrix Dub of Long
      Range
      > > is disappointing, not a patch on the original Hybrid mix (which
      is a
      > > true winner) and a tad dull.
      > >

      > > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Wrigley <fireybob@>
      wrote:

      > >> As far as I'm concerned CD1 is one of the best downbeat mixes
      I've
      > > ever heard but CD2 is one of the worst. It reminds me of an
      > > unprogressive progressive trance album which always ends up going
      > > nowhere. I told myself by song 6 it doesn't matter, Hybrids own
      > > tracks are coming up next, but alas, even these were awful. I
      feel
      > > a little let down by the boys by them not including any of their
      own
      > > homegrown tracks especially when the "formula of fear" and "fifty
      > > dollar pistol" originals are so powerful. Hybrid hooking up with
      > > Harry Gregson Williams was ALWAYS gonna sound good and the beats
      > > towards the end of formula of fear are sick so why not include
      > > them. My mind is telling me, money making tactic, but
      nevertheless
      > > I will still buy the singles when they arrive as will, without a
      > > doubt, all other long-term hybrid fans.
      > >>
      > >> By the way if anyone hasn't heard "cascade" on the new hybrid
      > > website "soundsystem" check it out. Probably one of the best
      > > dancier remixes they've done.....ever.
      > >>
      > >> Andrew W
      > >>

      > >> To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com
      > >> From: andyrober@
      > >> Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 17:47:53 +0000
      > >> Subject: Re: [Hybrid] Formula of Fear

      > >> Haven't had much chance to listen to it yet but
      > > there's some very
      > >>
      > >> nice (BT-esque?) tracks in there and flawlessly mixed.
      > >>

      > >> I was really looking forward to Formula of Fear but I miss the
      > > vocal
      > >>
      > >> on this version, can't wait for the single.
      > >>

      > >> So far, its all about CD 1 for me - the last CD (Re_Mixed) was
      > >>
      > >> disappointing but this one is a return to proper Hybrid
      > > compilations
      > >>
      > >> and was well worth the wait I think.

      That's
      > > the
      > >>
      > >> best downtempo mix I've heard since Nick Warren's Global
      > > Underground
      > >>
      > >> 24 mix. My head went tingly for a good 30 seconds when the Man
      on

      > >> Fire vocal came in at the end, that hasn't happened to me for a
      > > good
      > >>
      > >> ten years, certainly since I stop being involved with Mr
      > > Mitsubishi.

      > >> what an achievement, cheers Hybrid dons.

      showtopic=

      Find a better answer, faster with the new Yahoo!7 Search. www.yahoo7.com.au/search