Can't let go...

  • Mike Henderson
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 23, 2008
      Been working on a nasty project that has me shackled to a computer 12+ hours per day for the last week, and I've been listening to my music collection via some sort of Apple Computer Corp music software on my PC, playing random albums.

      So Live Angle (a.k.a. Wider Angle CD 2) comes on... For me, that recording is Hybrid at their absolute best. Amazing, beginning to end -- it shows such depth of musicality and emotion, strong beats, crunchy electronics perfectly mixed with classical composition (and classical instruments, for that matter...), a nice mix of vox and instrumentals. I don't think Hybrid will ever get back here for me... I definitely _like_ their newer stuff, but Live Angle is a genuine LOVE, "desert island" type of disc.

      Alright, this old man is done being overly sentimental and un-evolutionary... (for now...)
      Mike

    • fuzzytrav
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 24, 2008
        --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Henderson" <myq@...> wrote:

        > Been working on a nasty project that has me shackled to a computer
        12+ hours per day for the last week, and I've been listening to my
        music collection via some sort of Apple Computer Corp music software
        on my PC, playing random albums.

        > So Live Angle (a.k.a. Wider Angle CD 2) comes on... For me, that
        recording is Hybrid at their absolute best. Amazing, beginning to
        end -- it shows such depth of musicality and emotion, strong beats,
        crunchy electronics perfectly mixed with classical composition (and
        classical instruments, for that matter...), a nice mix of vox and
        instrumentals. I don't think Hybrid will ever get back here for
        me... I definitely _like_ their newer stuff, but Live Angle is a
        genuine LOVE, "desert island" type of disc.

        > Alright, this old man is done being overly sentimental and un-
        evolutionary... (for now...)
        > Mike

        I have to say for me the best album without a doubt is Wide Angle,
        Hybrid have not reached them heady heights at all since then I am
        afraid to say!

        There is absolutely nothing special with this new album at all.

        Probably why I am mostly listening to liquid drum and bass these
        days!

        Andrew