CD Soundsystem Details

  • Gavin
    Message 1 of 2 , May 5 8:19 PM
      Promo Text:

      Cinematic is a term long associated with acclaimed dance-music
      innovators Hybrid—and that widescreen emphasis comes even more into
      focus on Hybrid's ground-breaking new double-disc mix collection,
      Soundsystem 01.

      On CD 1 of Soundsystem, Truman and Healings fuse actual film scores
      and ambient electronica together for the first time, making for an
      unforgettable downtempo odyssey: here, glitchy, atmospheric tracks
      from Trentemoller, Spooky, Andy Page, and new Hybrid vocalist
      Charlotte James (who contributes a haunting new chill-out classic,
      "Shadows of the City") blend seamlessly with edgy score selections
      from films like Babel and 28 Days Later. "It gives a good insight into
      glorious bits of music we thought should see light of day," Truman says.

      CD 2 of Soundsystem shifts the duo's trademark progressive/breaks
      sound into a predominantly techier, 4/4-driven groove. "I've never
      actually played just one style, so this is a real reflection of our DJ
      sets—of what's actually in our record box," Healings explains. "This
      mix isn't so much banging as it is a refined journey through today's
      clubbing experience: a little bit progressive, a little bit chunky and
      tech-housey, with some techno and breakbeat in the middle. Basically,
      when we DJ, we go everywhere: we'll throw on whatever works to both
      get people moving and create a real listening experience at the same
      time."
    • Trent Saunders
      Message 2 of 2 , May 7 5:39 PM
        I am excited =)

        CD001 sounds like an updated version of UNKLE's 'A new
        hope' unklesounds mix. I really like Unkles mix there
        but some of did carry on, and on and on. Hybrids
        sounds like one nifty piece of work indeed. Especially
        if it has the score to Babel in it, DAMN good score =)

        www.yahoo7.com.au/y7mail