[Hybrid] Re: Fifty Dollar Pistol

  • nicolaj_sj
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 14, 2008
      Originally, it was the Humvee Chase (Hybrid Remix). Hybrid couldn't
      get the license for the samples from Déjá Vu aparrently.

      --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, Darrin Maunders <darrin@...> wrote:

      > I've heard this track before but I can't recall where. Part of one
      of
      > their mixsets perhaps?
      >
      > kaneda_333 wrote:
      > >
      > > Just incase anyone has problems locating this (because I did!),
      its
      > > here:
      > > http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?
      fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=31502273
      > > <http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?
      fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=31502273>

      > > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com <mailto:HybridUK%
      40yahoogroups.com>,
      > > "hybrid_junkie" <simon_badham@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hey,
      > > >
      > > > For those that haven't noticed already, Hybrid have put a video
      up on
      > > > their Myspace page - It's the live performance of Fifty Dollar
      Pistol
      > > > from Glade festival last year - It appears that's the proper
      name for
      > > > what was known as 'Humvee Chase' from Deja Vu....Great quality
      video -
      > > > looking forward to the full release!!

    • Max Hogg
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 15, 2008
        It's on the start of this I think?

        DJ Set on Frisky Radio (2006-12-05)

        On 10/04/2008, Darrin Maunders <darrin@...> wrote:

        > I've heard this track before but I can't recall where. Part of one of
        > their mixsets perhaps?
        >

        > kaneda_333 wrote:
        > >
        > > Just incase anyone has problems locating this (because I did!), its
        > > here:
        > >
        > http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=31502273
        > > <
        > http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=31502273
        > >

        > > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com <mailto:HybridUK%40yahoogroups.com<HybridUK%2540yahoogroups.com>
        > >,
        >
        > > "hybrid_junkie" <simon_badham@...> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Hey,
        > > >
        > > > For those that haven't noticed already, Hybrid have put a video up on
        > > > their Myspace page - It's the live performance of Fifty Dollar Pistol
        > > > from Glade festival last year - It appears that's the proper name for
        > > > what was known as 'Humvee Chase' from Deja Vu....Great quality video -
        > > > looking forward to the full release!!

      • Chris
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 15, 2008
          As has been said, Fifty Dollar Pistol is "Harry Gregson Williams -
          Humvee Chase (Hybrid mix) which was used in DJ set on Frisky Radio,
          which can be found on hybridized.org

          --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, Darrin Maunders <darrin@...> wrote:

          > I've heard this track before but I can't recall where. Part of one of
          > their mixsets perhaps?
          >
          > kaneda_333 wrote:
          > >
          > > Just incase anyone has problems locating this (because I did!), its
          > > here:

          http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=31502273

          <http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=31502273>

          > > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com <mailto:HybridUK%40yahoogroups.com>,
          > > "hybrid_junkie" <simon_badham@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Hey,
          > > >
          > > > For those that haven't noticed already, Hybrid have put a video
          up on
          > > > their Myspace page - It's the live performance of Fifty Dollar
          Pistol
          > > > from Glade festival last year - It appears that's the proper
          name for
          > > > what was known as 'Humvee Chase' from Deja Vu....Great quality
          video -
          > > > looking forward to the full release!!

        • garry
          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 15, 2008
            Awesome vid form Glade. i was right at the front, in the vid just to left of stage with me mates. The whole gig was a blinda (as usual). Got tickets for this years glade but the boys not on the line-up as of yet (although ILS are so cant wait)!!!!!!

          • Simon Jones
            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 16, 2008
              Fifty Dollar Pistol will be one of the many tracks featured on Hybrid's
              upcoming album 'Soundsystem', due out late June on Hope Recordings.

              As has been said, Fifty Dollar Pistol is "Harry Gregson Williams - Humvee
              Chase (Hybrid mix) which was used in DJ set on Frisky Radio, which can be
              found on hybridized.org

              --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, Darrin Maunders <darrin@...> wrote:

              > I've heard this track before but I can't recall where. Part of one of
              > their mixsets perhaps?
              >
              > kaneda_333 wrote:
              > >
              > > Just incase anyone has problems locating this (because I did!), its
              > > here:

              http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=3150227
              3

              <http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=315022
              73>

              > > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com <mailto:HybridUK%40yahoogroups.com>,
              > > "hybrid_junkie" <simon_badham@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Hey,
              > > >
              > > > For those that haven't noticed already, Hybrid have put a video
              up on
              > > > their Myspace page - It's the live performance of Fifty Dollar
              Pistol
              > > > from Glade festival last year - It appears that's the proper
              name for
              > > > what was known as 'Humvee Chase' from Deja Vu....Great quality
              video -
              > > > looking forward to the full release!!

            • Hybridesque ...
              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 19, 2008
                June can't come soon enough.

                Jitesh.
                (Yes, I'm still around :) )

                To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.comFrom: simon@...: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 19:46:32 +0100Subject: RE: [Hybrid] Re: Fifty Dollar Pistol

                Fifty Dollar Pistol will be one of the many tracks featured on Hybrid'supcoming album 'Soundsystem', due out late June on Hope Recordings. -----Original Message-----From: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com [mailto:HybridUK@yahoogroups.com] On BehalfOf ChrisSent: 15 April 2008 10:08To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.comSubject: [Hybrid] Re: Fifty Dollar PistolAs has been said, Fifty Dollar Pistol is "Harry Gregson Williams - HumveeChase (Hybrid mix) which was used in DJ set on Frisky Radio, which can befound on hybridized.org--- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, Darrin Maunders <darrin@...> wrote:>> I've heard this track before but I can't recall where. Part of one of > their mixsets perhaps?> > kaneda_333 wrote:> >> > Just incase anyone has problems locating this (because I did!), its> > here:> >http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=31502273> ><http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=31502273>> >> > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com <mailto:HybridUK%40yahoogroups.com>,> > "hybrid_junkie" <simon_badham@> wrote:> > >> > > Hey,> > >> > > For those that haven't noticed already, Hybrid have put a videoup on> > > their Myspace page - It's the live performance of Fifty DollarPistol> > > from Glade festival last year - It appears that's the propername for> > > what was known as 'Humvee Chase' from Deja Vu....Great qualityvideo -> > > looking forward to the full release!!> > >> >> >>------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hybrid Gig Dates & more...http://www.hybrid-group.com------------------------------------------------Yahoo! Groups Links

              • matrixdub
                Message 7 of 14 , Apr 21, 2008
                  It better be better than that steaming pile of **** that was the last
                  album...And by better I mean more tracks like "Fifty Dollar Pistol"
                  and less tracks like "The Formula of Fear".

                  LONG LIVE ORIGINAL HYBRID

                  --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Simon Jones" <simon@...> wrote:

                  > Fifty Dollar Pistol will be one of the many tracks featured on Hybrid's
                  > upcoming album 'Soundsystem', due out late June on Hope Recordings.

                • Thomas Touzimsky
                  Message 8 of 14 , Apr 25, 2008
                    > It better be better than that steaming pile of **** that was the last
                    > album...And by better I mean more tracks like "Fifty Dollar Pistol"
                    > and less tracks like "The Formula of Fear".

                    In my opinion "TFOF" is far better than "Fifty Dollar Pistol". The
                    best thing about the latter was the sound effect playing over the
                    Hybrid logo at the intro, while the rest was a huge meh...

                    ..::// Thomas Touzimsky

                    "After you finish the first 90% of a project, you have to finish the
                    other 90%." - Michael Abrash
                  • Andy Roberts
                    Message 9 of 14 , Apr 26, 2008
                      I don't really think of Re_Mixed as a Hybrid album though, more of a
                      compilation that has the name Hybrid on the front.

                      By steaming pile of **** I'm guessing you mean Re_Mixed rather than I
                      Choose Noise anyway.

                      Maybe off topic but I'd like to see someone else do the strings for
                      LP4.

                      We had the Harry Gregson-Williams 'sound' for the last album (like Wide
                      Angle had a different sound with Sacha Puttnam and Morning Sci-Fi with
                      Andrew Skeet) and it sounded great, I just hope the next will be with
                      someone else, something slightly different.

                      --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "matrixdub" <gouki@...> wrote:

                      > It better be better than that steaming pile of **** that was the last
                      > album...And by better I mean more tracks like "Fifty Dollar Pistol"
                      > and less tracks like "The Formula of Fear".
                      >
                      > LONG LIVE ORIGINAL HYBRID
                      >
                      > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Simon Jones" <simon@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Fifty Dollar Pistol will be one of the many tracks featured on
                      Hybrid's
                      > > upcoming album 'Soundsystem', due out late June on Hope Recordings.

                    • Ben Abrams
                      Message 10 of 14 , Apr 26, 2008
                        Can I add that we should have more track names like Formula Of Fear
                        and less track names like Fifty Dollar Pistol

                        Links