Re: Fifty Dollar Pistol

  • kaneda_333
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 2, 2008
      Just incase anyone has problems locating this (because I did!), its
      here:
      http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=31502273

      --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "hybrid_junkie" <simon_badham@...> wrote:

      > Hey,
      >
      > For those that haven't noticed already, Hybrid have put a video up on
      > their Myspace page - It's the live performance of Fifty Dollar Pistol
      > from Glade festival last year - It appears that's the proper name for
      > what was known as 'Humvee Chase' from Deja Vu....Great quality video -
      > looking forward to the full release!!

    • Darrin Maunders
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 10, 2008
        I've heard this track before but I can't recall where. Part of one of
        their mixsets perhaps?

        kaneda_333 wrote:

        > Just incase anyone has problems locating this (because I did!), its
        > here:
        > http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=31502273
        > <http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=31502273>
        >
        > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com <mailto:HybridUK%40yahoogroups.com>,
        > "hybrid_junkie" <simon_badham@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hey,
        > >
        > > For those that haven't noticed already, Hybrid have put a video up on
        > > their Myspace page - It's the live performance of Fifty Dollar Pistol
        > > from Glade festival last year - It appears that's the proper name for
        > > what was known as 'Humvee Chase' from Deja Vu....Great quality video -
        > > looking forward to the full release!!

      • nicolaj_sj
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 14, 2008
          Originally, it was the Humvee Chase (Hybrid Remix). Hybrid couldn't
          get the license for the samples from Déjá Vu aparrently.

          --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, Darrin Maunders <darrin@...> wrote:

          > I've heard this track before but I can't recall where. Part of one
          of
          > their mixsets perhaps?
          >
          > kaneda_333 wrote:
          > >
          > > Just incase anyone has problems locating this (because I did!),
          its
          > > here:
          > > http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?
          fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=31502273
          > > <http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?
          fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=31502273>

          > > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com <mailto:HybridUK%
          40yahoogroups.com>,
          > > "hybrid_junkie" <simon_badham@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Hey,
          > > >
          > > > For those that haven't noticed already, Hybrid have put a video
          up on
          > > > their Myspace page - It's the live performance of Fifty Dollar
          Pistol
          > > > from Glade festival last year - It appears that's the proper
          name for
          > > > what was known as 'Humvee Chase' from Deja Vu....Great quality
          video -
          > > > looking forward to the full release!!

        • Max Hogg
          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 15, 2008
            It's on the start of this I think?

            DJ Set on Frisky Radio (2006-12-05)

            On 10/04/2008, Darrin Maunders <darrin@...> wrote:

            > I've heard this track before but I can't recall where. Part of one of
            > their mixsets perhaps?
            >

            > kaneda_333 wrote:
            > >
            > > Just incase anyone has problems locating this (because I did!), its
            > > here:
            > >
            > http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=31502273
            > > <
            > http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=31502273
            > >

            > > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com <mailto:HybridUK%40yahoogroups.com<HybridUK%2540yahoogroups.com>
            > >,
            >
            > > "hybrid_junkie" <simon_badham@...> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Hey,
            > > >
            > > > For those that haven't noticed already, Hybrid have put a video up on
            > > > their Myspace page - It's the live performance of Fifty Dollar Pistol
            > > > from Glade festival last year - It appears that's the proper name for
            > > > what was known as 'Humvee Chase' from Deja Vu....Great quality video -
            > > > looking forward to the full release!!

          • Chris
            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 15, 2008
              As has been said, Fifty Dollar Pistol is "Harry Gregson Williams -
              Humvee Chase (Hybrid mix) which was used in DJ set on Frisky Radio,
              which can be found on hybridized.org

              --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, Darrin Maunders <darrin@...> wrote:

              > I've heard this track before but I can't recall where. Part of one of
              > their mixsets perhaps?
              >
              > kaneda_333 wrote:
              > >
              > > Just incase anyone has problems locating this (because I did!), its
              > > here:

              http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=31502273

              <http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=31502273>

              > > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com <mailto:HybridUK%40yahoogroups.com>,
              > > "hybrid_junkie" <simon_badham@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Hey,
              > > >
              > > > For those that haven't noticed already, Hybrid have put a video
              up on
              > > > their Myspace page - It's the live performance of Fifty Dollar
              Pistol
              > > > from Glade festival last year - It appears that's the proper
              name for
              > > > what was known as 'Humvee Chase' from Deja Vu....Great quality
              video -
              > > > looking forward to the full release!!

            • garry
              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 15, 2008
                Awesome vid form Glade. i was right at the front, in the vid just to left of stage with me mates. The whole gig was a blinda (as usual). Got tickets for this years glade but the boys not on the line-up as of yet (although ILS are so cant wait)!!!!!!

              • Simon Jones
                Message 7 of 14 , Apr 16, 2008
                  Fifty Dollar Pistol will be one of the many tracks featured on Hybrid's
                  upcoming album 'Soundsystem', due out late June on Hope Recordings.

                  As has been said, Fifty Dollar Pistol is "Harry Gregson Williams - Humvee
                  Chase (Hybrid mix) which was used in DJ set on Frisky Radio, which can be
                  found on hybridized.org

                  --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, Darrin Maunders <darrin@...> wrote:

                  > I've heard this track before but I can't recall where. Part of one of
                  > their mixsets perhaps?
                  >
                  > kaneda_333 wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Just incase anyone has problems locating this (because I did!), its
                  > > here:

                  http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=3150227
                  3

                  <http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=315022
                  73>

                  > > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com <mailto:HybridUK%40yahoogroups.com>,
                  > > "hybrid_junkie" <simon_badham@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Hey,
                  > > >
                  > > > For those that haven't noticed already, Hybrid have put a video
                  up on
                  > > > their Myspace page - It's the live performance of Fifty Dollar
                  Pistol
                  > > > from Glade festival last year - It appears that's the proper
                  name for
                  > > > what was known as 'Humvee Chase' from Deja Vu....Great quality
                  video -
                  > > > looking forward to the full release!!

                • Hybridesque ...
                  Message 8 of 14 , Apr 19, 2008
                    June can't come soon enough.

                    Jitesh.
                    (Yes, I'm still around :) )

                    To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.comFrom: simon@...: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 19:46:32 +0100Subject: RE: [Hybrid] Re: Fifty Dollar Pistol

                    Fifty Dollar Pistol will be one of the many tracks featured on Hybrid'supcoming album 'Soundsystem', due out late June on Hope Recordings. -----Original Message-----From: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com [mailto:HybridUK@yahoogroups.com] On BehalfOf ChrisSent: 15 April 2008 10:08To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.comSubject: [Hybrid] Re: Fifty Dollar PistolAs has been said, Fifty Dollar Pistol is "Harry Gregson Williams - HumveeChase (Hybrid mix) which was used in DJ set on Frisky Radio, which can befound on hybridized.org--- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, Darrin Maunders <darrin@...> wrote:>> I've heard this track before but I can't recall where. Part of one of > their mixsets perhaps?> > kaneda_333 wrote:> >> > Just incase anyone has problems locating this (because I did!), its> > here:> >http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=31502273> ><http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=31502273>> >> > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com <mailto:HybridUK%40yahoogroups.com>,> > "hybrid_junkie" <simon_badham@> wrote:> > >> > > Hey,> > >> > > For those that haven't noticed already, Hybrid have put a videoup on> > > their Myspace page - It's the live performance of Fifty DollarPistol> > > from Glade festival last year - It appears that's the propername for> > > what was known as 'Humvee Chase' from Deja Vu....Great qualityvideo -> > > looking forward to the full release!!> > >> >> >>------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hybrid Gig Dates & more...http://www.hybrid-group.com------------------------------------------------Yahoo! Groups Links

                  • matrixdub
                    Message 9 of 14 , Apr 21, 2008
                      It better be better than that steaming pile of **** that was the last
                      album...And by better I mean more tracks like "Fifty Dollar Pistol"
                      and less tracks like "The Formula of Fear".

                      LONG LIVE ORIGINAL HYBRID

                      --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Simon Jones" <simon@...> wrote:

                      > Fifty Dollar Pistol will be one of the many tracks featured on Hybrid's
                      > upcoming album 'Soundsystem', due out late June on Hope Recordings.

                    • Thomas Touzimsky
                      Message 10 of 14 , Apr 25, 2008
                        > It better be better than that steaming pile of **** that was the last
                        > album...And by better I mean more tracks like "Fifty Dollar Pistol"
                        > and less tracks like "The Formula of Fear".

                        In my opinion "TFOF" is far better than "Fifty Dollar Pistol". The
                        best thing about the latter was the sound effect playing over the
                        Hybrid logo at the intro, while the rest was a huge meh...

                        ..::// Thomas Touzimsky

                        "After you finish the first 90% of a project, you have to finish the
                        other 90%." - Michael Abrash
                      • Andy Roberts
                        Message 11 of 14 , Apr 26, 2008
                          I don't really think of Re_Mixed as a Hybrid album though, more of a
                          compilation that has the name Hybrid on the front.

                          By steaming pile of **** I'm guessing you mean Re_Mixed rather than I
                          Choose Noise anyway.

                          Maybe off topic but I'd like to see someone else do the strings for
                          LP4.

                          We had the Harry Gregson-Williams 'sound' for the last album (like Wide
                          Angle had a different sound with Sacha Puttnam and Morning Sci-Fi with
                          Andrew Skeet) and it sounded great, I just hope the next will be with
                          someone else, something slightly different.

                          --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "matrixdub" <gouki@...> wrote:

                          > It better be better than that steaming pile of **** that was the last
                          > album...And by better I mean more tracks like "Fifty Dollar Pistol"
                          > and less tracks like "The Formula of Fear".
                          >
                          > LONG LIVE ORIGINAL HYBRID
                          >
                          > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Simon Jones" <simon@> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > Fifty Dollar Pistol will be one of the many tracks featured on
                          Hybrid's
                          > > upcoming album 'Soundsystem', due out late June on Hope Recordings.

                        • Ben Abrams
                          Message 12 of 14 , Apr 26, 2008
                            Can I add that we should have more track names like Formula Of Fear
                            and less track names like Fifty Dollar Pistol

                            Links