Re: Fifty Dollar Pistol

  • Andy Roberts
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 2, 2008
      --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "hybrid_junkie" <simon_badham@...>
      wrote:

      > Hey,
      >
      > For those that haven't noticed already, Hybrid have put a video up on
      > their Myspace page - It's the live performance of Fifty Dollar Pistol
      > from Glade festival last year - It appears that's the proper name for
      > what was known as 'Humvee Chase' from Deja Vu....Great quality video -

      > looking forward to the full release!!

      I hope they rename the track before releasing it! "Fifty Dollar Pistol"
      isn't a great name in my opinion.

      Wonder why they've renamed it... its now an album track for LP4?
    • kaneda_333
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 2, 2008
        Just incase anyone has problems locating this (because I did!), its
        here:
        http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=31502273

        --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "hybrid_junkie" <simon_badham@...> wrote:

        > Hey,
        >
        > For those that haven't noticed already, Hybrid have put a video up on
        > their Myspace page - It's the live performance of Fifty Dollar Pistol
        > from Glade festival last year - It appears that's the proper name for
        > what was known as 'Humvee Chase' from Deja Vu....Great quality video -
        > looking forward to the full release!!

      • Darrin Maunders
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 10, 2008
          I've heard this track before but I can't recall where. Part of one of
          their mixsets perhaps?

          kaneda_333 wrote:

          > Just incase anyone has problems locating this (because I did!), its
          > here:
          > http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=31502273
          > <http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=31502273>
          >
          > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com <mailto:HybridUK%40yahoogroups.com>,
          > "hybrid_junkie" <simon_badham@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hey,
          > >
          > > For those that haven't noticed already, Hybrid have put a video up on
          > > their Myspace page - It's the live performance of Fifty Dollar Pistol
          > > from Glade festival last year - It appears that's the proper name for
          > > what was known as 'Humvee Chase' from Deja Vu....Great quality video -
          > > looking forward to the full release!!

        • nicolaj_sj
          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 14, 2008
            Originally, it was the Humvee Chase (Hybrid Remix). Hybrid couldn't
            get the license for the samples from Déjá Vu aparrently.

            --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, Darrin Maunders <darrin@...> wrote:

            > I've heard this track before but I can't recall where. Part of one
            of
            > their mixsets perhaps?
            >
            > kaneda_333 wrote:
            > >
            > > Just incase anyone has problems locating this (because I did!),
            its
            > > here:
            > > http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?
            fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=31502273
            > > <http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?
            fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=31502273>

            > > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com <mailto:HybridUK%
            40yahoogroups.com>,
            > > "hybrid_junkie" <simon_badham@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Hey,
            > > >
            > > > For those that haven't noticed already, Hybrid have put a video
            up on
            > > > their Myspace page - It's the live performance of Fifty Dollar
            Pistol
            > > > from Glade festival last year - It appears that's the proper
            name for
            > > > what was known as 'Humvee Chase' from Deja Vu....Great quality
            video -
            > > > looking forward to the full release!!

          • Max Hogg
            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 15, 2008
              It's on the start of this I think?

              DJ Set on Frisky Radio (2006-12-05)

              On 10/04/2008, Darrin Maunders <darrin@...> wrote:

              > I've heard this track before but I can't recall where. Part of one of
              > their mixsets perhaps?
              >

              > kaneda_333 wrote:
              > >
              > > Just incase anyone has problems locating this (because I did!), its
              > > here:
              > >
              > http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=31502273
              > > <
              > http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=31502273
              > >

              > > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com <mailto:HybridUK%40yahoogroups.com<HybridUK%2540yahoogroups.com>
              > >,
              >
              > > "hybrid_junkie" <simon_badham@...> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Hey,
              > > >
              > > > For those that haven't noticed already, Hybrid have put a video up on
              > > > their Myspace page - It's the live performance of Fifty Dollar Pistol
              > > > from Glade festival last year - It appears that's the proper name for
              > > > what was known as 'Humvee Chase' from Deja Vu....Great quality video -
              > > > looking forward to the full release!!

            • Chris
              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 15, 2008
                As has been said, Fifty Dollar Pistol is "Harry Gregson Williams -
                Humvee Chase (Hybrid mix) which was used in DJ set on Frisky Radio,
                which can be found on hybridized.org

                --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, Darrin Maunders <darrin@...> wrote:

                > I've heard this track before but I can't recall where. Part of one of
                > their mixsets perhaps?
                >
                > kaneda_333 wrote:
                > >
                > > Just incase anyone has problems locating this (because I did!), its
                > > here:

                http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=31502273

                <http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=31502273>

                > > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com <mailto:HybridUK%40yahoogroups.com>,
                > > "hybrid_junkie" <simon_badham@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Hey,
                > > >
                > > > For those that haven't noticed already, Hybrid have put a video
                up on
                > > > their Myspace page - It's the live performance of Fifty Dollar
                Pistol
                > > > from Glade festival last year - It appears that's the proper
                name for
                > > > what was known as 'Humvee Chase' from Deja Vu....Great quality
                video -
                > > > looking forward to the full release!!

              • garry
                Message 7 of 14 , Apr 15, 2008
                  Awesome vid form Glade. i was right at the front, in the vid just to left of stage with me mates. The whole gig was a blinda (as usual). Got tickets for this years glade but the boys not on the line-up as of yet (although ILS are so cant wait)!!!!!!

                • Simon Jones
                  Message 8 of 14 , Apr 16, 2008
                    Fifty Dollar Pistol will be one of the many tracks featured on Hybrid's
                    upcoming album 'Soundsystem', due out late June on Hope Recordings.

                    As has been said, Fifty Dollar Pistol is "Harry Gregson Williams - Humvee
                    Chase (Hybrid mix) which was used in DJ set on Frisky Radio, which can be
                    found on hybridized.org

                    --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, Darrin Maunders <darrin@...> wrote:

                    > I've heard this track before but I can't recall where. Part of one of
                    > their mixsets perhaps?
                    >
                    > kaneda_333 wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Just incase anyone has problems locating this (because I did!), its
                    > > here:

                    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=3150227
                    3

                    <http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=315022
                    73>

                    > > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com <mailto:HybridUK%40yahoogroups.com>,
                    > > "hybrid_junkie" <simon_badham@> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > Hey,
                    > > >
                    > > > For those that haven't noticed already, Hybrid have put a video
                    up on
                    > > > their Myspace page - It's the live performance of Fifty Dollar
                    Pistol
                    > > > from Glade festival last year - It appears that's the proper
                    name for
                    > > > what was known as 'Humvee Chase' from Deja Vu....Great quality
                    video -
                    > > > looking forward to the full release!!

                  • Hybridesque ...
                    Message 9 of 14 , Apr 19, 2008
                      June can't come soon enough.

                      Jitesh.
                      (Yes, I'm still around :) )

                      To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.comFrom: simon@...: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 19:46:32 +0100Subject: RE: [Hybrid] Re: Fifty Dollar Pistol

                      Fifty Dollar Pistol will be one of the many tracks featured on Hybrid'supcoming album 'Soundsystem', due out late June on Hope Recordings. -----Original Message-----From: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com [mailto:HybridUK@yahoogroups.com] On BehalfOf ChrisSent: 15 April 2008 10:08To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.comSubject: [Hybrid] Re: Fifty Dollar PistolAs has been said, Fifty Dollar Pistol is "Harry Gregson Williams - HumveeChase (Hybrid mix) which was used in DJ set on Frisky Radio, which can befound on hybridized.org--- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, Darrin Maunders <darrin@...> wrote:>> I've heard this track before but I can't recall where. Part of one of > their mixsets perhaps?> > kaneda_333 wrote:> >> > Just incase anyone has problems locating this (because I did!), its> > here:> >http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=31502273> ><http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=31502273>> >> > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com <mailto:HybridUK%40yahoogroups.com>,> > "hybrid_junkie" <simon_badham@> wrote:> > >> > > Hey,> > >> > > For those that haven't noticed already, Hybrid have put a videoup on> > > their Myspace page - It's the live performance of Fifty DollarPistol> > > from Glade festival last year - It appears that's the propername for> > > what was known as 'Humvee Chase' from Deja Vu....Great qualityvideo -> > > looking forward to the full release!!> > >> >> >>------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hybrid Gig Dates & more...http://www.hybrid-group.com------------------------------------------------Yahoo! Groups Links

                    • matrixdub
                      Message 10 of 14 , Apr 21, 2008
                        It better be better than that steaming pile of **** that was the last
                        album...And by better I mean more tracks like "Fifty Dollar Pistol"
                        and less tracks like "The Formula of Fear".

                        LONG LIVE ORIGINAL HYBRID

                        --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Simon Jones" <simon@...> wrote:

                        > Fifty Dollar Pistol will be one of the many tracks featured on Hybrid's
                        > upcoming album 'Soundsystem', due out late June on Hope Recordings.

                      • Thomas Touzimsky
                        Message 11 of 14 , Apr 25, 2008
                          > It better be better than that steaming pile of **** that was the last
                          > album...And by better I mean more tracks like "Fifty Dollar Pistol"
                          > and less tracks like "The Formula of Fear".

                          In my opinion "TFOF" is far better than "Fifty Dollar Pistol". The
                          best thing about the latter was the sound effect playing over the
                          Hybrid logo at the intro, while the rest was a huge meh...

                          ..::// Thomas Touzimsky

                          "After you finish the first 90% of a project, you have to finish the
                          other 90%." - Michael Abrash
                        • Andy Roberts
                          Message 12 of 14 , Apr 26, 2008
                            I don't really think of Re_Mixed as a Hybrid album though, more of a
                            compilation that has the name Hybrid on the front.

                            By steaming pile of **** I'm guessing you mean Re_Mixed rather than I
                            Choose Noise anyway.

                            Maybe off topic but I'd like to see someone else do the strings for
                            LP4.

                            We had the Harry Gregson-Williams 'sound' for the last album (like Wide
                            Angle had a different sound with Sacha Puttnam and Morning Sci-Fi with
                            Andrew Skeet) and it sounded great, I just hope the next will be with
                            someone else, something slightly different.

                            --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "matrixdub" <gouki@...> wrote:

                            > It better be better than that steaming pile of **** that was the last
                            > album...And by better I mean more tracks like "Fifty Dollar Pistol"
                            > and less tracks like "The Formula of Fear".
                            >
                            > LONG LIVE ORIGINAL HYBRID
                            >
                            > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Simon Jones" <simon@> wrote:
                            > >
                            > > Fifty Dollar Pistol will be one of the many tracks featured on
                            Hybrid's
                            > > upcoming album 'Soundsystem', due out late June on Hope Recordings.

                          • Ben Abrams
                            Message 13 of 14 , Apr 26, 2008
                              Can I add that we should have more track names like Formula Of Fear
                              and less track names like Fifty Dollar Pistol

                              Links