Obtaining 'Scores' CD..?

  • jims16v
    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 10, 2008
      Hi folks,

      I apologise if this has been discussed to death - however I did use
      the search but didn't find a whole heap of information!

      I'm really, really desperate to obtain the Scores CD - but i've no
      idea how to get it. I've watched eBay periodically over the last year
      or so with no success, and obviously would rather obtain it
      legitimately - does anyone have any idea how I can go about getting a
      copy?

      I emailed Distinctive some time ago (year or so I think) and never
      even had a reply! A bit frustrating when you're a genuine fan and own
      all the Hybrid studio albums, mix CD's, etc etc!

      Cheers,

      Jim
    • chrismix50
      Message 2 of 17 , Mar 14, 2008
        You can get it from http://www.playmusichouse.com/

        Only issue is that you have to have legitimate business connections.
        Depending on your country and employer / job title you may be able to
        just order one.

        Odds are you won't fit the requirements and will be scoping out ebay
        like so many of us.

        :(

        Message 3 of 17 , Mar 15, 2008
          Thanks for the link.

          As you correctly assume, i'm nothing to do with the industry or
          otherwise so not "entitled" to hand over money for a CD I want to buy.
          You have to love how the industry works sometimes.

          Does anyone have any sway with Distinctive which might persuade them
          to put this album up for sale on their website at least? :( I'm sure
          there must be a lot of Hybrid fans who'd like to bag a (legitimate) copy!

          Cheers,

          Jim

          --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "chrismix50" <richlea@...> wrote:

          > You can get it from http://www.playmusichouse.com/
          >
          > Only issue is that you have to have legitimate business connections.
          > Depending on your country and employer / job title you may be able to
          > just order one.
          >
          > Odds are you won't fit the requirements and will be scoping out ebay
          > like so many of us.
          >
          > :(
          >

          > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "jims16v" <chicane-uk@> wrote:
          >
          > Hi folks,
          >
          > I apologise if this has been discussed to death - however I did use
          the search but didn't find a whole heap of information!

          > I'm really, really desperate to obtain the Scores CD - but i've no
          idea how to get it. I've watched eBay periodically over the last year
          or so with no success, and obviously would rather obtain it
          legitimately - does anyone have any idea how I can go about getting a
          copy?

          > I emailed Distinctive some time ago (year or so I think) and never
          even had a reply! A bit frustrating when you're a genuine fan and own
          all the Hybrid studio albums, mix CD's, etc etc!

          > Cheers,
          >
          > Jim

        • Andy Roberts
          Message 4 of 17 , Mar 17, 2008
            Hope this is some help to everyone looking, theres a promo cd
            (Musichouse Promo CD 3) that has 3 tracks from Scores, Immaculate,
            Heart's Desire and Miscreant. Theres a few promos but Promo 3 is the
            yellow one and it appears for sale a bit more often than Scores!

            --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "chrismix50" <richlea@...> wrote:

            > You can get it from http://www.playmusichouse.com/
            >
            > Only issue is that you have to have legitimate business connections.
            > Depending on your country and employer / job title you may be able
            > just order one.
            >
            > Odds are you won't fit the requirements and will be scoping out ebay
            > like so many of us.
            >
            > :(
            >

            > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "jims16v" <chicane-uk@> wrote:
            >
            > Hi folks,
            >
            > I apologise if this has been discussed to death - however I did use
            the search but didn't find a whole heap of information!

            > I'm really, really desperate to obtain the Scores CD - but i've no
            idea how to get it. I've watched eBay periodically over the last year
            or so with no success, and obviously would rather obtain it
            legitimately - does anyone have any idea how I can go about getting a
            copy?

            > I emailed Distinctive some time ago (year or so I think) and never
            even had a reply! A bit frustrating when you're a genuine fan and own
            all the Hybrid studio albums, mix CD's, etc etc!

            > Cheers,
            >
            > Jim

          • chrismix50
            Message 5 of 17 , Mar 18, 2008
              There is always the chance that Distinctive might jump on it...but I
              wouldn't hold your breath.

              Clearly the response to the Scores has been great, unfortunately it
              doesn't really allow for anything to come to Hybrid. I guess it
              depends on the agreement they made with Music House. Theres a whole
              load of stuff I would love to see released, many of which don't have
              licensing issues etc. stopping them.

              I see it more of an issue with the label being a bit disorganized and
              bureaucratic....hopefully that will change with the recent changes at
              Distinctive.

              Until then we can hope....Hope will be a bit more on top of things.

              BTW there was a legit copy of Scores on Discogs a week or two
              ago...unfortunately it came with the price tag of $200 US....even
              crazier is someone bought it.

              -Chris

              --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "jims16v" <chicane-uk@...> wrote:

              > Thanks for the link.
              >
              > As you correctly assume, i'm nothing to do with the industry or
              > otherwise so not "entitled" to hand over money for a CD I want to buy.
              > You have to love how the industry works sometimes.
              >
              > Does anyone have any sway with Distinctive which might persuade them
              > to put this album up for sale on their website at least? :( I'm sure
              > there must be a lot of Hybrid fans who'd like to bag a (legitimate)
              copy!

              > Cheers,
              >
              > Jim
              >
              > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "chrismix50" <richlea@> wrote:
              > >
              > > You can get it from http://www.playmusichouse.com/
              > >
              > > Only issue is that you have to have legitimate business connections.
              > > Depending on your country and employer / job title you may be able to
              > > just order one.
              > >
              > > Odds are you won't fit the requirements and will be scoping out ebay
              > > like so many of us.
              > >
              > > :(
              > >

              > > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "jims16v" <chicane-uk@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Hi folks,
              > >
              > > I apologise if this has been discussed to death - however I did use
              > the search but didn't find a whole heap of information!
              > >
              > > I'm really, really desperate to obtain the Scores CD - but i've no
              > idea how to get it. I've watched eBay periodically over the last year
              > or so with no success, and obviously would rather obtain it
              > legitimately - does anyone have any idea how I can go about getting a
              > copy?
              > >
              > > I emailed Distinctive some time ago (year or so I think) and never
              > even had a reply! A bit frustrating when you're a genuine fan and own
              > all the Hybrid studio albums, mix CD's, etc etc!
              > >
              > > Cheers,
              > >
              > > Jim

            • djbds
              Message 6 of 17 , Jan 19, 2010
                Hello everybody...name is Dave; I am new to "The Hybrid List;" however, I am a LONG-time Hybrid follower!!

                Like all of you, I have a deep appreciation for Hybrid's tunes...but there are some of us out there who always look harder and deeper for those "certain" tracks; unknown to the vast majority of Hybrid listeners. For us followers, we KNOW the scoop!! Hybrid has put out somewhere in the range of 250 releases; although, WE KNOW those two guys pump out much more than meets the eye!!

                SCORES...what an intrepid and brazen piece of perfection!! The worst part about coming to own such GREAT music is ACTUALLY FINDING IT IN THE FIRST PLACE!!

                FOR ALL OF YOU OUT THERE LOOKING FOR "hard to find" HYBRID tracks/releases...please follow my lead...

                FIRST:
                -ALWAYS go to www.discogs.com (http://www.discogs.com/artist/Hybrid)
                -Look over Hybrid's ENTIRE discography...find their promos...look to see WHO owns the albums and WHO is selling.
                -IMPORTANT!! Just because someone owns and is NOT selling DOES NOT MEAN they are not willing to "part ways!!!"

                SECOND:
                -WITH REGARDS TO "SCORES," you have many options; none of which are very cheap!!
                -There are a few FULL LENGTH SCORES ALBUMS for sale:

                1. http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?q=scores&seller=navee&btn=Search
                -This seller lists SCORES for sale @ £ 79.99...STEEP!!

                2. http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0027DS1NQ/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&qid=1263921608&sr=1-8&condition=used
                -This seller lists SCORES for sale @ $119.00...VERY STEEP!!

                So...have we "settled the scores?" so to speak? Hey folks, I understand how BAD it feels to chase down music!! Sometimes, we go insane trying to figure out or understand WHY music; which is so incredibly GOOD; is so damn hard to acquire!!

                FOR all of you out there who APPRECIATE Hybrid's 2005(?) track, "Cascade;" there is ANOTHER way of "scoring" it than paying $100+ for SCORES...

                Hybrid released the "Re-Mixed" album in 2007, correct? Here is the thing, they released a PROMO version of "Re-Mixed" with 17 tracks...TRACK #8? CASCADE!! Check it out...

                http://www.discogs.com/Hybrid-Re_Mixed/release/1097800

                Thanks for reading!! If you guys have ANY questions, feel free to give me a SHOUT!! I will do my best...trust me, in 14 years behind the decks, I still have problems getting my hands on certain Hybrid tracks!!

                KEEP THOSE EYES PEELED!! "Disappear Here" will be arriving shortly (March/April)!!

                --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Andy Roberts" <andyrober@...> wrote:

                > Hope this is some help to everyone looking, theres a promo cd
                > (Musichouse Promo CD 3) that has 3 tracks from Scores, Immaculate,
                > Heart's Desire and Miscreant. Theres a few promos but Promo 3 is the
                > yellow one and it appears for sale a bit more often than Scores!
                >

                > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "chrismix50" <richlea@> wrote:
                > >
                > > You can get it from http://www.playmusichouse.com/
                > >
                > > Only issue is that you have to have legitimate business connections.
                > > Depending on your country and employer / job title you may be able
                > > just order one.
                > >
                > > Odds are you won't fit the requirements and will be scoping out ebay
                > > like so many of us.
                > >
                > > :(
                > >

                > > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "jims16v" <chicane-uk@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Hi folks,
                > >
                > > I apologise if this has been discussed to death - however I did use
                > the search but didn't find a whole heap of information!
                > >
                > > I'm really, really desperate to obtain the Scores CD - but i've no
                > idea how to get it. I've watched eBay periodically over the last year
                > or so with no success, and obviously would rather obtain it
                > legitimately - does anyone have any idea how I can go about getting a
                > copy?
                > >
                > > I emailed Distinctive some time ago (year or so I think) and never
                > even had a reply! A bit frustrating when you're a genuine fan and own
                > all the Hybrid studio albums, mix CD's, etc etc!
                > >
                > > Cheers,
                > >
                > > Jim

              • RICHARD LUND
                Message 7 of 17 , Mar 28, 2010
                  another good place to do research is

                  http://breakbeatpolice.com/

                  If you thought you were looking for material before ...check out this place ...

                  I do agree with you that Hybrid's music is extremely hard to come by ...

                  I hate to say it but unless you are 'in' with the right people or are willing to use P2p / torrent sites and not own a true copy of the piece or are willing to shell out $100 + per cd your kinda out of luck ..

                  But keep your head up .. the hunt for some of this material is sometimes just as good as listening to it for the 1st time ..

                  Good Luck

                  RICK

                  To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com
                  From: djbds@...
                  Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 19:08:39 +0000
                  Subject: [Hybrid List] Re: Obtaining 'Scores' CD..?

> [...]

                  > > Odds are you won't fit the requirements and will be scoping out ebay
                  > > like so many of us.
                  > >
                  > > :(
                  > >

                  > > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "jims16v" <chicane-uk@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Hi folks,
                  > >
                  > > I apologise if this has been discussed to death - however I did use
                  > the search but didn't find a whole heap of information!
                  > >
                  > > I'm really, really desperate to obtain the Scores CD - but i've no
                  > idea how to get it. I've watched eBay periodically over the last year
                  > or so with no success, and obviously would rather obtain it
                  > legitimately - does anyone have any idea how I can go about getting a
                  > copy?
                  > >
                  > > I emailed Distinctive some time ago (year or so I think) and never
                  > even had a reply! A bit frustrating when you're a genuine fan and own
                  > all the Hybrid studio albums, mix CD's, etc etc!

                • Drew Ressler
                  Message 8 of 17 , Mar 28, 2010
                    Actually the re-mixed promo album is edited at the end of all the tracks, so its still not 100% complete on that.

> [...]

                    > > Odds are you won't fit the requirements and will be scoping out ebay
                    > > like so many of us.
                    > >
                    > > :(
                    > >

                    > > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "jims16v" <chicane-uk@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Hi folks,
                    > >
                    > > I apologise if this has been discussed to death - however I did use
                    > the search but didn't find a whole heap of information!
                    > >
                    > > I'm really, really desperate to obtain the Scores CD - but i've no
                    > idea how to get it. I've watched eBay periodically over the last year
                    > or so with no success, and obviously would rather obtain it
                    > legitimately - does anyone have any idea how I can go about getting a
                    > copy?
                    > >
                    > > I emailed Distinctive some time ago (year or so I think) and never
                    > even had a reply! A bit frustrating when you're a genuine fan and own
                    > all the Hybrid studio albums, mix CD's, etc etc!

                  • Trent Saunders
                    Message 9 of 17 , Mar 28, 2010
                      DISAPPEAR HERE IS HERE!!!!!

> [...]

                      > > Odds are you won't fit the requirements and will be scoping out ebay
                      > > like so many of us.
                      > >
                      > > :(
                      > >

                      > > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "jims16v" <chicane-uk@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Hi folks,
                      > >
                      > > I apologise if this has been discussed to death - however I did use
                      > the search but didn't find a whole heap of information!
                      > >
                      > > I'm really, really desperate to obtain the Scores CD - but i've no
                      > idea how to get it. I've watched eBay periodically over the last year
                      > or so with no success, and obviously would rather obtain it
                      > legitimately - does anyone have any idea how I can go about getting a
                      > copy?
                      > >
                      > > I emailed Distinctive some time ago (year or so I think) and never
                      > even had a reply! A bit frustrating when you're a genuine fan and own
                      > all the Hybrid studio albums, mix CD's, etc etc!

                    • Scott Moore
                      Message 10 of 17 , Mar 28, 2010
                        Already downloaded from Hybrid's site and got me a T-shirt (can't have enough of those)... woohoo!!!

                        ________________________________

                      • HybridUK-owner@yahoogroups.com
                        Message 11 of 17 , Mar 29, 2010
                          Yes...I was pleasantly suprised that they had girl's t-shirts :)

                          If you haven't checked out the store yet, take a look:
                          http://www.hybridsoundsystem.com/store/

                          Ally

                          --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, Scott Moore <wizum2003@...> wrote:

                          > Already downloaded from Hybrid's site and got me a T-shirt (can't have enough of those)... woohoo!!!

                        • hybridesque
                          Message 12 of 17 , Mar 29, 2010
                            I must be certifiably mad, I went and bought the Super Deluxe Version, I had to have the canvas print, not being content with having the album already...

                            Message 13 of 17 , Mar 29, 2010
                              Ok...if we are admitting these things.... so did I !!

                              I'm going to be very amsued by the handwritten message from them. Will it be really generic? or will they get given names and therefore know it's me? Such questions are currently occupying my little mind :)

                              On another note...great to see lots of people making friends with the HybridList on Facebook and Twitter!

                              Ally

                              --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "hybridesque" <JiteshMistry2@...> wrote:

                              > I must be certifiably mad, I went and bought the Super Deluxe Version, I had to have the canvas print, not being content with having the album already...
                              >
                              > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, HybridUK-owner@yahoogroups.com wrote:
                              > >
                              > > Yes...I was pleasantly suprised that they had girl's t-shirts :)
                              > >
                              > > If you haven't checked out the store yet, take a look:
                              > > http://www.hybridsoundsystem.com/store/
                              > >
                              > > Ally
                            • Hybridesque ...
                              Message 14 of 17 , Mar 29, 2010
                                Yeah, have been suggesting it to Hybrid fans I know off Facebook, helping you get going with that. Just been looking at the comments within that HD Video of Break My Soul, where it said what gear they used to film it. I'm such a photography geek, getting excited as they used a Canon 7D D-SLR :)

                                I can only wonder about the note as well, but we'll find out.

                                Jitesh.

                                To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com
                                From: HybridUK-owner@yahoogroups.com
                                Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 18:22:36 +0000
                                Subject: [Hybrid List] Re: Check out the different packages on the Hybrid website

                                Ok...if we are admitting these things.... so did I !!

                                I'm going to be very amsued by the handwritten message from them. Will it be really generic? or will they get given names and therefore know it's me? Such questions are currently occupying my little mind :)

                                On another note...great to see lots of people making friends with the HybridList on Facebook and Twitter!

                                Ally

                                --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "hybridesque" <JiteshMistry2@...> wrote:

                                > I must be certifiably mad, I went and bought the Super Deluxe Version, I had to have the canvas print, not being content with having the album already...

                                > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, HybridUK-owner@yahoogroups.com wrote:

                                > > Yes...I was pleasantly suprised that they had girl's t-shirts :)

                                > > If you haven't checked out the store yet, take a look:

                                > > http://www.hybridsoundsystem.com/store/

                                > > Ally

                              • Matt Antonich
                                Message 15 of 17 , Mar 29, 2010
                                  Make it three.

                                  Not only did I get the Super Deluxe edition, but I also bought the
                                  additional Disappear Here t-shirt.

                                  The canvas will go nicely in my office where I have my other framed
                                  music items.

                                  HybridUK-owner@yahoogroups.com wrote:

                                  > Ok...if we are admitting these things.... so did I !!
                                  >
                                  > I'm going to be very amsued by the handwritten message from them. Will
                                  > it be really generic? or will they get given names and therefore know
                                  > it's me? Such questions are currently occupying my little mind :)
                                  >
                                  > On another note...great to see lots of people making friends with the
                                  > HybridList on Facebook and Twitter!
                                  >
                                  > Ally
                                  >
                                  > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com <mailto:HybridUK%40yahoogroups.com>,
                                  > "hybridesque" <JiteshMistry2@...> wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > I must be certifiably mad, I went and bought the Super Deluxe
                                  > Version, I had to have the canvas print, not being content with having
                                  > the album already...
                                  > >
                                  > > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com <mailto:HybridUK%40yahoogroups.com>,
                                  > HybridUK-owner@yahoogroups.com
                                  > <mailto:HybridUK-owner%40yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                                  > > >
                                  > > > Yes...I was pleasantly suprised that they had girl's t-shirts :)
                                  > > >
                                  > > > If you haven't checked out the store yet, take a look:
                                  > > > http://www.hybridsoundsystem.com/store/
                                  > <http://www.hybridsoundsystem.com/store/>
                                  > > >
                                  > > > Ally

                                • Hybridesque ...
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Apr 2, 2010
                                    My Canvas Print turned up yesterday, and frankly it looks awesome. They're done by "The Big Art Company" it appears. (http://www.thebigartcompany.com/) I think if I do any more prints, it'll be with them on the evidence of this :)

                                    Jitesh.

                                    > To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com
                                    > From: cynicalmatt@...
                                    > Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 16:28:21 -0400
                                    > Subject: Re: [Hybrid List] Re: Check out the different packages on the Hybrid website
                                    >
                                    > Make it three.
                                    >
                                    > Not only did I get the Super Deluxe edition, but I also bought the
                                    > additional Disappear Here t-shirt.
                                    >
                                    > The canvas will go nicely in my office where I have my other framed
                                    > music items.
                                    >

                                    > HybridUK-owner@yahoogroups.com wrote:
                                    > >
                                    > > Ok...if we are admitting these things.... so did I !!
                                    > >
                                    > > I'm going to be very amsued by the handwritten message from them. Will
                                    > > it be really generic? or will they get given names and therefore know
                                    > > it's me? Such questions are currently occupying my little mind :)
                                    > >
                                    > > On another note...great to see lots of people making friends with the
                                    > > HybridList on Facebook and Twitter!
                                    > >
                                    > > Ally
                                    > >
                                    > > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com <mailto:HybridUK%40yahoogroups.com>,
                                    > > "hybridesque" <JiteshMistry2@...> wrote:
                                    > > >
                                    > > > I must be certifiably mad, I went and bought the Super Deluxe
                                    > > Version, I had to have the canvas print, not being content with having
                                    > > the album already...
                                    > > >
                                    > > > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com <mailto:HybridUK%40yahoogroups.com>,
                                    > > HybridUK-owner@yahoogroups.com

                                    > > <http://www.hybridsoundsystem.com/store/>

                                  • marksl8r
                                    Message 17 of 17 , Apr 7, 2010
                                      Hey mate,

                                      I can totally appreciate what you are going through with this! As I am currently desperately searching for the final three songs on my Wishlist:

                                      Demons - Original Scores
                                      Gospel - Wide Angle promo
                                      In My Face - Morning Sci Fi Demo

                                      (If anyone can help me find these I'd be so grateful!! Happy with MP3 files!)

                                      With regards to Scores, I have the MP3 files and would be happy to sort you out just so that you can at least hear it (if you still haven't managed to)!