Re: [Hybrid] Distinctive release note

  • Rukes
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 14, 2008
      Yeah, the confusion is Hybrid fans generally don't like the Deadmau5
      remix, but because he is the big thing now, everyone else loves it to
      death. It's one of the biggest tracks on Beatport still! Also the
      first time I technically heard many DJs play anything Hybrid in
      years, which can only be good for Hybrid. Maybe a proper Finished
      Symphony 2008 remake EP on Hope, haha.

      --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Kiri Hatton" <kirihatton@...> wrote:

      > For some reason it's done quite well amongst the more trancey
      community!

      > www.arminvanbuuren.net/
      >
      > It was voted no 73 for the track of 2007 by Armin's listeners...
      and when we saw Hybrid spin at Platform 12 on New Years, everyone
      went nuts when they dropped it, where as we just stood there looking
      a bit confused lol

      > Anyways, I'm quite interested to hear the Boom Jinx mix in full

      > From: "Darrin Maunders" <darrin@...>
      >
      > As part of last autumns rapturously received `Hybrid RE_MIXED' CD
      album, the `Unfinished Symphony ` mixes inevitably stirred up the
      greatest demand. The Deadmau5 mix, with its epic, floor destroying
      sweeps and driving rhythms has been in the Beatport top five for a
      month, leaving the vinyl buyers crying out for a 12" release. Hot new
      electro housers Deadsets' tweaky funk and sparing use of the strings
      makes for a more restrained but no less powerful outing. This superb
      12" also features a remix from Boom Jinx, this mix reĀ–introduce
      breaks to proceedings whilst adding lush layers of instrumentation.

    • dcraig@nmt.edu
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 15, 2008
        The thing is, Deadmau5 is big right now but of everything he's put out
        recently that Finished Symphony track is both weak as a remix of said
        track and weak compared to almost all of his other productions to date.
        It doesn't make any sense.

        Dan

        > Yeah, the confusion is Hybrid fans generally don't like the Deadmau5
        > remix, but because he is the big thing now, everyone else loves it
        > to death. It's one of the biggest tracks on Beatport still! Also the
        > first time I technically heard many DJs play anything Hybrid in
        > years, which can only be good for Hybrid. Maybe a proper Finished
        > Symphony 2008 remake EP on Hope, haha.
      • Thomas Touzimsky
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 20, 2008
          I think it totally makes up for some of the other tracks on Re_Mixed - nice breaks. I wish the remix album had had more of this...

          ..::// Thomas Touzimsky

          "While there are limits to success, your capacity for failure is
          infinite." - Aaron Williams