Re: Craig Armstrong - emotional classical

  • djyobbo
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 14, 2008
      Agreed, for a first time listener i recommend the Film Works
      compilation of his:
      http://www.discogs.com/release/737885
      and his first album (afaik) "The Space Between Us":
      http://www.discogs.com/release/88685

      --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "James Warren" <james@...> wrote:

      > He also did an album called 'Piano Works' which were (rather
      obviously) piano pieces of his orchestral works. Limited run in a
      white velvet box thingy if memory serves. Superb stuff.

      > From: cynicalmatt@...
      >
      > Just wanted to chime in and say that I've been a Craig Armstrong fan
      for a while. Most of his albums are actually more or less compilations
      of various tracks he did for various film scores, but they're still
      worth the listen.

      > I've loved his stuff ever since I heard "Weather Storm" and the
      orchestration on "Sly" on Massive Attack's second album, Protection.