RE: Craig Armstrong - emotional classical

  • James Warren
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 14, 2008
      He also did an album called 'Piano Works' which were (rather obviously) piano pieces of his orchestral works. Limited run in a white velvet box thingy if memory serves. Superb stuff.

      From: cynicalmatt@...

      Just wanted to chime in and say that I've been a Craig Armstrong fan for a while. Most of his albums are actually more or less compilations of various tracks he did for various film scores, but they're still worth the listen.

      I've loved his stuff ever since I heard "Weather Storm" and the orchestration on "Sly" on Massive Attack's second album, Protection.
    • djyobbo
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 14, 2008
        Agreed, for a first time listener i recommend the Film Works
        compilation of his:
        http://www.discogs.com/release/737885
        and his first album (afaik) "The Space Between Us":
        http://www.discogs.com/release/88685