Re: Distinctive release note

  • rajiv raja
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 14, 2008
      Surely stunning ...but I'm not sure what is so "finished symphony" about the dedmau5 track...

      damn.
      iggy

      Darrin Maunders <darrin@...> wrote:
      As part of last autumns rapturously received ‘Hybrid RE_MIXED’ CD album, the ‘Unfinished Symphony ‘ mixes inevitably stirred up the greatest demand. The Deadmau5 mix, with its epic, floor destroying sweeps and driving rhythms has been in the Beatport top five for a month, leaving the vinyl buyers crying out for a 12” release. Hot new electro housers Deadsets’ tweaky funk and sparing use of the strings makes for a more restrained but no less powerful outing. This superb 12" also features a remix from Boom Jinx, this mix re–introduce breaks to proceedings whilst adding lush layers of instrumentation.

      Official Release Date - 28th Jan 2008

      AVAILABLE EXCLUSIVELY HERE NOW

      I thought everybody hated the Deadmau5 mix?
    • Rukes
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 14, 2008
        Yeah, the confusion is Hybrid fans generally don't like the Deadmau5
        remix, but because he is the big thing now, everyone else loves it to
        death. It's one of the biggest tracks on Beatport still! Also the
        first time I technically heard many DJs play anything Hybrid in
        years, which can only be good for Hybrid. Maybe a proper Finished
        Symphony 2008 remake EP on Hope, haha.

        --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Kiri Hatton" <kirihatton@...> wrote:

        > For some reason it's done quite well amongst the more trancey
        community!

        > www.arminvanbuuren.net/
        >
        > It was voted no 73 for the track of 2007 by Armin's listeners...
        and when we saw Hybrid spin at Platform 12 on New Years, everyone
        went nuts when they dropped it, where as we just stood there looking
        a bit confused lol

      • dcraig@nmt.edu
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 15, 2008
          The thing is, Deadmau5 is big right now but of everything he's put out
          recently that Finished Symphony track is both weak as a remix of said
          track and weak compared to almost all of his other productions to date.
          It doesn't make any sense.

          Dan

          > Yeah, the confusion is Hybrid fans generally don't like the Deadmau5
          > remix, but because he is the big thing now, everyone else loves it
          > to death. It's one of the biggest tracks on Beatport still! Also the
          > first time I technically heard many DJs play anything Hybrid in
          > years, which can only be good for Hybrid. Maybe a proper Finished
          > Symphony 2008 remake EP on Hope, haha.
        • Thomas Touzimsky
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 20, 2008
            I think it totally makes up for some of the other tracks on Re_Mixed - nice breaks. I wish the remix album had had more of this...

            ..::// Thomas Touzimsky

            "While there are limits to success, your capacity for failure is
            infinite." - Aaron Williams