Craig Armstrong - emotional classical

  • Trent. S
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 13, 2008
      Hey all, Just putting this guy forward to you all (if you havent heard of him already) This guy actually wrote the first track in Hybrid's BBC mix (Its called Ruthless Gravity from his As If To Nothing album) This album if DEFIENTLY worth a listen, the deepest saddest electronic tinged film score classical you will hear. Check him out and post what you think =)
    • cynicalmatt@wowway.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 14, 2008
        Just wanted to chime in and say that I've been a Craig Armstrong fan for a while. Most of his albums are actually more or less compilations of various tracks he did for various film scores, but they're still worth the listen.

        I've loved his stuff ever since I heard "Weather Storm" and the orchestration on "Sly" on Massive Attack's second album, Protection.

        Hey all, Just putting this guy forward to you all (if you havent heard of him already) This guy actually wrote the first track in Hybrid's BBC mix (Its called Ruthless Gravity from his As If To Nothing album) This album if DEFIENTLY worth a listen, the deepest saddest electronic tinged film score classical you will hear. Check him out and post what you think =)
      • James Warren
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 14, 2008
          He also did an album called 'Piano Works' which were (rather obviously) piano pieces of his orchestral works. Limited run in a white velvet box thingy if memory serves. Superb stuff.

          From: cynicalmatt@...

          Just wanted to chime in and say that I've been a Craig Armstrong fan for a while. Most of his albums are actually more or less compilations of various tracks he did for various film scores, but they're still worth the listen.

          I've loved his stuff ever since I heard "Weather Storm" and the orchestration on "Sly" on Massive Attack's second album, Protection.
        • djyobbo
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 14, 2008
            Agreed, for a first time listener i recommend the Film Works
            compilation of his:
            http://www.discogs.com/release/737885
            and his first album (afaik) "The Space Between Us":
            http://www.discogs.com/release/88685