Re: [Hybrid] Distinctive release note

  • Kiri Hatton
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 12, 2008
      For some reason it's done quite well amongst the more trancey community!

      www.arminvanbuuren.net/

      It was voted no 73 for the track of 2007 by Armin's listeners... and when we saw Hybrid spin at Platform 12 on New Years, everyone went nuts when they dropped it, where as we just stood there looking a bit confused lol

      Anyways, I'm quite interested to hear the Boom Jinx mix in full

      From: "Darrin Maunders" <darrin@...>

      As part of last autumns rapturously received ‘Hybrid RE_MIXED’ CD album, the ‘Unfinished Symphony ‘ mixes inevitably stirred up the greatest demand. The Deadmau5 mix, with its epic, floor destroying sweeps and driving rhythms has been in the Beatport top five for a month, leaving the vinyl buyers crying out for a 12” release. Hot new electro housers Deadsets’ tweaky funk and sparing use of the strings makes for a more restrained but no less powerful outing. This superb 12" also features a remix from Boom Jinx, this mix re–introduce breaks to proceedings whilst adding lush layers of instrumentation.

      Official Release Date - 28th Jan 2008

      AVAILABLE EXCLUSIVELY HERE
      <http://www.distinctiverecords.com/disn177.html> NOW
      --- I thought everybody hated the Deadmau5 mix?
    • rajiv raja
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 14, 2008
        Surely stunning ...but I'm not sure what is so "finished symphony" about the dedmau5 track...

        damn.
        iggy

        Darrin Maunders <darrin@...> wrote:
        As part of last autumns rapturously received ‘Hybrid RE_MIXED’ CD album, the ‘Unfinished Symphony ‘ mixes inevitably stirred up the greatest demand. The Deadmau5 mix, with its epic, floor destroying sweeps and driving rhythms has been in the Beatport top five for a month, leaving the vinyl buyers crying out for a 12” release. Hot new electro housers Deadsets’ tweaky funk and sparing use of the strings makes for a more restrained but no less powerful outing. This superb 12" also features a remix from Boom Jinx, this mix re–introduce breaks to proceedings whilst adding lush layers of instrumentation.

        Official Release Date - 28th Jan 2008

        AVAILABLE EXCLUSIVELY HERE NOW

        I thought everybody hated the Deadmau5 mix?
      • Rukes
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 14, 2008
          Yeah, the confusion is Hybrid fans generally don't like the Deadmau5
          remix, but because he is the big thing now, everyone else loves it to
          death. It's one of the biggest tracks on Beatport still! Also the
          first time I technically heard many DJs play anything Hybrid in
          years, which can only be good for Hybrid. Maybe a proper Finished
          Symphony 2008 remake EP on Hope, haha.

        • dcraig@nmt.edu
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 15, 2008
            The thing is, Deadmau5 is big right now but of everything he's put out
            recently that Finished Symphony track is both weak as a remix of said
            track and weak compared to almost all of his other productions to date.
            It doesn't make any sense.

            Dan

            > Yeah, the confusion is Hybrid fans generally don't like the Deadmau5
            > remix, but because he is the big thing now, everyone else loves it
            > to death. It's one of the biggest tracks on Beatport still! Also the
            > first time I technically heard many DJs play anything Hybrid in
            > years, which can only be good for Hybrid. Maybe a proper Finished
            > Symphony 2008 remake EP on Hope, haha.
          • Thomas Touzimsky
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 20, 2008
              I think it totally makes up for some of the other tracks on Re_Mixed - nice breaks. I wish the remix album had had more of this...

              ..::// Thomas Touzimsky

              "While there are limits to success, your capacity for failure is
              infinite." - Aaron Williams