General state of breakbeat in the UK

  • Gavin
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 8, 2008
      Hi all!

      I'm reviewing a DJ Set by the Plump DJs here in Melbourne, Australia on Friday and it got me thinking about the breaks scene in general. I'd say it has died a little here, and headed more underground. Big names like NuBreed and Phil K are now not on the scene anywhere near as much as in the past.

      For those of you in the UK, and especially London, how would you say the breaks scene is in general there? Are there as many breaks nights as ever, or has the scene died a little?

      Certainly from a musician standpoint there doesn't seem to be a great deal of new breakbeat talent that I can think of which has gained global recognition.

      Thanks!
      Gavin Stok
    • Thomas Touzimsky
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 8, 2008
        I'm reviewing a DJ Set by the Plump DJs here in Melbourne, Australia on Friday and it got me thinking about the breaks scene in general. I'd say it has died a little here, and headed more underground. Big names like NuBreed and Phil K are now not on the scene anywhere near as much as in the past.

        At least Australia *has* a breaks scene... and DJ dates... and live
        tours... etc etc...

        ..::// Thomas Touzimsky

        "Once again, the trousers of evil are yanked down by the mocking hands
        of justice!" - Peter Puppy (Earthworm Jim)