Re: Message Boards

  • Jessica Pelling
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 23, 2007
      For what it's worth I prefer to get stuff to my email inbox.

      Jx

      From: djyobbo

      Despite not being a huge fan of yahoo groups i'd argue that the only
      reason i'm still on the list is simply because it is a mailing list
      and not a board. So for all those months where nothing much happens i
      don't have to keep logging in and checking an actual message board....
      i guess a message board would be fine for more off-topic/general
      chatter but i'd prefer to receive stuff as email since the list often
      goes through phases and i wouldn't have time to check a message board
      every day/week....
    • dcraig@nmt.edu
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 23, 2007
        I've been here the entire duration. My posts have trickled down to
        practically nothing, but I'm still around.

        Dan

        >Wow ...8 years ...
        >
        >So who's been here since the beginning ? ...and still posts ??
        >
        >I know Ive been lurking for months now .....
        >
        >I think Ive been here for about 6-7 years
        >
        >RICK
      • Simon Chilvers
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 24, 2007
          Feb 2001 for myself...... seems like a lifetime ago!! Before that I was
          posting and chatting on "aplaceforhybrid" message board run by Josh
          Higganbotham.

          Shut down into total lurk mode now... still read stuff though. I definately
          prefer the mail in my inbox especially as I have far more important stuff to
          be doing with my time, especially as the discussion has properly slowed down
          now. It's nice to have it all in a separate folder in my inbox that I can
          dip into whenever I have 5mins.

          Si