Re: Message Boards

  • djyobbo
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 22, 2007
      Despite not being a huge fan of yahoo groups i'd argue that the only
      reason i'm still on the list is simply because it is a mailing list
      and not a board. So for all those months where nothing much happens i
      don't have to keep logging in and checking an actual message board....
      i guess a message board would be fine for more off-topic/general
      chatter but i'd prefer to receive stuff as email since the list often
      goes through phases and i wouldn't have time to check a message board
      every day/week....

      --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "ally @ hybrid-group.com" <list@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi there,
      >
      > I chose this system because some people liked getting email and
      > replying (and not going to a website) and some people liked using
      > the site as a message board and setting their preferences to 'no
      > email'.
      >
      > There def. pros and cons of both ways :) You do have to read all
      > posts on this list...however, sometimes you can miss discussions on
      > the bulletin boards as they are seperated out.
      >
      > We can change to another message board if everyone wants to... this
      > group has been going for 8+ years, so it would kinda an end of an
      > era. I might be being too precious though :)
      >
      > Ally
    • Brett Kennelly
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 23, 2007
        Haha don't be sorry, I didn't care, as long as there was something to
        discuss hybrid I didn't mind J

        [[[ Moderator (Ally) says: :-) ]]]
      • Jessica Pelling
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 23, 2007
          For what it's worth I prefer to get stuff to my email inbox.

          Jx

          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 23, 2007
            I've been here the entire duration. My posts have trickled down to
            practically nothing, but I'm still around.

            Dan

            >Wow ...8 years ...
            >
            >So who's been here since the beginning ? ...and still posts ??
            >
            >I know Ive been lurking for months now .....
            >
            >I think Ive been here for about 6-7 years
            >
            >RICK
          • Simon Chilvers
            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 24, 2007
              Feb 2001 for myself...... seems like a lifetime ago!! Before that I was
              posting and chatting on "aplaceforhybrid" message board run by Josh
              Higganbotham.

              Shut down into total lurk mode now... still read stuff though. I definately
              prefer the mail in my inbox especially as I have far more important stuff to
              be doing with my time, especially as the discussion has properly slowed down
              now. It's nice to have it all in a separate folder in my inbox that I can
              dip into whenever I have 5mins.

              Si