RE: [Hybrid] Re: Message Boards

  • RICHARD LUND
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 22, 2007
      Wow ...8 years ...

      So who's been here since the beginning ? ...and still posts ??

      I know Ive been lurking for months now .....

      I think Ive been here for about 6-7 years

      RICK

      To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.comFrom: list@...: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 13:08:51 +0000Subject: [Hybrid] Re: Message Boards

      Hi there,I chose this system because some people liked getting email and replying (and not going to a website) and some people liked using the site as a message board and setting their preferences to 'no email'.There def. pros and cons of both ways :) You do have to read all posts on this list...however, sometimes you can miss discussions on the bulletin boards as they are seperated out.We can change to another message board if everyone wants to... this group has been going for 8+ years, so it would kinda an end of an era. I might be being too precious though :)Ally
    • djyobbo
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 22, 2007
        Despite not being a huge fan of yahoo groups i'd argue that the only
        reason i'm still on the list is simply because it is a mailing list
        and not a board. So for all those months where nothing much happens i
        don't have to keep logging in and checking an actual message board....
        i guess a message board would be fine for more off-topic/general
        chatter but i'd prefer to receive stuff as email since the list often
        goes through phases and i wouldn't have time to check a message board
        every day/week....

        --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "ally @ hybrid-group.com" <list@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi there,
        >
        > I chose this system because some people liked getting email and
        > replying (and not going to a website) and some people liked using
        > the site as a message board and setting their preferences to 'no
        > email'.
        >
        > There def. pros and cons of both ways :) You do have to read all
        > posts on this list...however, sometimes you can miss discussions on
        > the bulletin boards as they are seperated out.
        >
        > We can change to another message board if everyone wants to... this
        > group has been going for 8+ years, so it would kinda an end of an
        > era. I might be being too precious though :)
        >
        > Ally
      • Brett Kennelly
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 23, 2007
          Haha don't be sorry, I didn't care, as long as there was something to
          discuss hybrid I didn't mind J

          [[[ Moderator (Ally) says: :-) ]]]
        • Jessica Pelling
          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 23, 2007
            For what it's worth I prefer to get stuff to my email inbox.

            Jx

            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 23, 2007
              I've been here the entire duration. My posts have trickled down to
              practically nothing, but I'm still around.

              Dan

              >Wow ...8 years ...
              >
              >So who's been here since the beginning ? ...and still posts ??
              >
              >I know Ive been lurking for months now .....
              >
              >I think Ive been here for about 6-7 years
              >
              >RICK
            • Simon Chilvers
              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 24, 2007
                Feb 2001 for myself...... seems like a lifetime ago!! Before that I was
                posting and chatting on "aplaceforhybrid" message board run by Josh
                Higganbotham.

                Shut down into total lurk mode now... still read stuff though. I definately
                prefer the mail in my inbox especially as I have far more important stuff to
                be doing with my time, especially as the discussion has properly slowed down
                now. It's nice to have it all in a separate folder in my inbox that I can
                dip into whenever I have 5mins.

                Si