Re:Message Boards

  • face
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 22, 2007
      well, i think i speak for andy and all the other mods/admins at
      hybridized.org when i say that that, should ally express interest in
      doing so, she would be more than welcome to shift general hybrid
      discussion to our site would.

      face

      --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "ally @ hybrid-group.com" <list@...>
      wrote:

      > Really sorry that you felt you were silenced Brett...I feel bad now,
      > sorry.
      >
      > Ally
      >
      > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Brett Kennelly" <bman1@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Haha I remember years ago I asked the same thing..."we have message
      > boards"
      > > was the reply, so I just stood back and zipped my mouth :P

    • RICHARD LUND
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 22, 2007
        On the other side of the arguement..

        Ive also been a member here for many years ....

        And I like the idea of the posts coming to my inbox instead of having to goto a site and search through a message board ....

        RICK

        To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.comFrom: jtsimler3@...: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 10:24:52 +0000Subject: [Hybrid] Message Boards

        Hi everyone. This isn't related to Hybrid, but more to this mailing list. I've been a member for quite some time now (with a couple different names), and while I love being a part of this group and everyone in it, I've never been too keen on the system itself. Yahoo groups are very tough to dig through, and I was wondering, has creating a message board ever been considered? I visit the hybridized boards quite often, but they don't like general discussion about Hybrid there (redirecting it here). Personally, I love vBulletin's design, and I think would work really well. A place where we can create polls, post pictures, and find old posts much much easier.Are there any particular reasons why we haven't, like cost, ease of use, etc.? Just curious, because if a message board was created, I'd love to help out in any way I can. I'm one of the boys' biggest fans.And again, I don't in any way want to show any dissatisfaction with those who are running this group. Ally and the moderators have done an absolute superb job here. :-)jts
      • RICHARD LUND
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 22, 2007
          Wow ...8 years ...

          So who's been here since the beginning ? ...and still posts ??

          I know Ive been lurking for months now .....

          I think Ive been here for about 6-7 years

          RICK

          To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.comFrom: list@...: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 13:08:51 +0000Subject: [Hybrid] Re: Message Boards

          Hi there,I chose this system because some people liked getting email and replying (and not going to a website) and some people liked using the site as a message board and setting their preferences to 'no email'.There def. pros and cons of both ways :) You do have to read all posts on this list...however, sometimes you can miss discussions on the bulletin boards as they are seperated out.We can change to another message board if everyone wants to... this group has been going for 8+ years, so it would kinda an end of an era. I might be being too precious though :)Ally
        • djyobbo
          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 22, 2007
            Despite not being a huge fan of yahoo groups i'd argue that the only
            reason i'm still on the list is simply because it is a mailing list
            and not a board. So for all those months where nothing much happens i
            don't have to keep logging in and checking an actual message board....
            i guess a message board would be fine for more off-topic/general
            chatter but i'd prefer to receive stuff as email since the list often
            goes through phases and i wouldn't have time to check a message board
            every day/week....

            wrote:

            > Hi there,
            >
            > I chose this system because some people liked getting email and
            > replying (and not going to a website) and some people liked using
            > the site as a message board and setting their preferences to 'no
            > email'.
            >
            > There def. pros and cons of both ways :) You do have to read all
            > posts on this list...however, sometimes you can miss discussions on
            > the bulletin boards as they are seperated out.
            >
            > We can change to another message board if everyone wants to... this
            > group has been going for 8+ years, so it would kinda an end of an
            > era. I might be being too precious though :)
            >
            > Ally
          • Brett Kennelly
            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 23, 2007
              Haha don't be sorry, I didn't care, as long as there was something to
              discuss hybrid I didn't mind J

              [[[ Moderator (Ally) says: :-) ]]]
            • Jessica Pelling
              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 23, 2007
                For what it's worth I prefer to get stuff to my email inbox.

                Jx

                Message 7 of 12 , Nov 23, 2007
                  I've been here the entire duration. My posts have trickled down to
                  practically nothing, but I'm still around.

                  Dan

                  >Wow ...8 years ...
                  >
                  >So who's been here since the beginning ? ...and still posts ??
                  >
                  >I know Ive been lurking for months now .....
                  >
                  >I think Ive been here for about 6-7 years
                  >
                  >RICK
                • Simon Chilvers
                  Message 8 of 12 , Nov 24, 2007
                    Feb 2001 for myself...... seems like a lifetime ago!! Before that I was
                    posting and chatting on "aplaceforhybrid" message board run by Josh
                    Higganbotham.

                    Shut down into total lurk mode now... still read stuff though. I definately
                    prefer the mail in my inbox especially as I have far more important stuff to
                    be doing with my time, especially as the discussion has properly slowed down
                    now. It's nice to have it all in a separate folder in my inbox that I can
                    dip into whenever I have 5mins.

                    Si