[Hybrid] Re: Sheffield DJ Set and Hybrid Info

  • chrismix50
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 11, 2007
      Another album? Can you enlighten us on this one Simon? :)

      Chris

      --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Simon Jones" <whizz@...> wrote:

      To my knowledge Hybrid themselves haven't heard a considerable amount of what's on the Re_Mixed album, nor did they have any input into what went on the album really.

      As for LP4 - I'd be surprised if that's going to remain the release date as they have another album project due out within the same timeframe as recently reported via Hope's latest newsletter.
    • andyrober
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 11, 2007
        Could you give those of us who don't get the Hope newsletter any more info on the album project?

        Also no Hybrid involvement on Re_Mixed would explain why a lot of the album sounds a bit bland

        Its a shame they didn't throw out the Orb remix (which I think probably most of us have had for a few years now) or one of the remixes that don't seem to have anything at all to do with the original (Serge Santiago remix?) and kept the extended Cascade.

        Though so long as they keep Sleepwalking and the Keenan & Anderson mix I'll be happy!

        --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Simon Jones" <whizz@...> wrote:

        To my knowledge Hybrid themselves haven't heard a considerable
        amount of what's on the Re_Mixed album, nor did they have any input
        into what went on the album really.

        As for LP4 - I'd be surprised if that's going to remain the release
        date as they have another album project due out within the same
        timeframe as recently reported via Hope's latest newsletter.
      • Ben Abrams
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 11, 2007
          Interesting,

          not heard about this. Only association I've ever heard of between Hope and Hyrid was for the Gravity remix. Can you post the details please Simon?

          Ben

          --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Simon Jones" <whizz@...> wrote:

          To my knowledge Hybrid themselves haven't heard a considerable amount of what's on the Re_Mixed album, nor did they have any input into what went on the album really.

          As for LP4 - I'd be surprised if that's going to remain the release date as they have another album project due out within the same timeframe as recently reported via Hope's latest newsletter.
        • Simon Jones
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 11, 2007
            Hybrid are now managed by Hope Management, having moved from Distinctive.

            As for the news, here goes:
            In the new year we're excited to announce we are going to have a mix album from Hybrid. The first CD will be a club mix, with lots of exclusive upfront tracks, and the second is their reworks of film soundtracks, it's gonna be very interesting.

            Interesting, not heard about this. Only association I've ever heard of between Hope and Hyrid was for the Gravity remix. Can you post the details please Simon?

            Ben
          • Thomas Touzimsky
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 14, 2007
              > Hybrid are now managed by Hope Management, having moved from
              > Distinctive.
              >
              > As for the news, here goes:
              > In the new year we're excited to announce we are going to have a
              > mix album from Hybrid. The first CD will be a club mix, with lots
              > of exclusive upfront tracks, and the second is their reworks of
              > film soundtracks, it's gonna be very interesting.

              Now that's some exciting news! Saying that I am looking forward to
              the second disc would be a massive understatement. ;-)

              ..::// Thomas Touzimsky

              "After you finish the first 90% of a project, you have to finish the
              other 90%." - Michael Abrash