Sheffield

  • thwibble
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 2, 2007
      so once again we've got our tickets and r travelling "up norf" to see the boys dj at Sheffield Uni.

      I swear me and me mates must be holding the record for attendance at Hybrid gigs both DJ and Live!! Any challengers? attended gigs include manchester warehouse, wrexham, fabric, glade, coventry uni......

      Gaz n the guys in 'middle England'
    • Ben Abrams
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 4, 2007
        I'm going to Sheff too! nearest gig I'll ever go to (live in Grimsby)!

        Dont think I'd beat you guys but have done Global 2006 (Live), Glasgow
        (Chris H DJ), Manchester Warehouse (Live) & Glade 2007 (Live) in the
        past 14 months

        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 8, 2007
          Good set from Mike. Highlight of the night was getting to chat at the end.

          Prior to talking to Mike I'd noticed a lady stood patiently at the back of the stage while Mike did his stuff (looking suspiciously like Charlotte James). This was confirmed once I was introduced. Have to say she was extremely pleasant (as was Mike). Both were genuinely prepared to chat (this was at 5am with Mike absolutely soaked in sweat and Charlotte having stood at the back for 2 hours).

          I'm sure nobody is that interested in my own personal experience but the info I picked up during our chat may be of some interest.

          1. The new artist album (LP4) is to be released April/May 2008. I asked Mike if this was one of those preliminary release dates that moves further and further back (like MSF), but he seemed pretty adamant that the album would be released at this time.

          2. The new album will be more 'song based'. Didn't press Mike for a strict definition of this description but I think it is safe to assume that Charlotte James will feature heavily.

          3. Humvee Chase (Hybrid Remix) will now become an official Hybrid track (woo hoo! really pleased about this) and will feature on LP4! (this was played as the encore)

          4. Mike said that one of his favourite tracks from the Re_mixed album is the Cinematic Orchestras remix of Blackout, although he also admitted that he'd not even heard the Deadmau remix of Finished Symphony yet!

          Ben
        • Simon Jones
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 9, 2007
            To my knowledge Hybrid themselves haven't heard a considerable amount of what's on the Re_Mixed album, nor did they have any input into what went on the album really.

            As for LP4 - I'd be surprised if that's going to remain the release date as they have another album project due out within the same timeframe as recently reported via Hope's latest newsletter.

            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 11, 2007
              Another album? Can you enlighten us on this one Simon? :)

              Chris

              --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Simon Jones" <whizz@...> wrote:

              To my knowledge Hybrid themselves haven't heard a considerable amount of what's on the Re_Mixed album, nor did they have any input into what went on the album really.

              As for LP4 - I'd be surprised if that's going to remain the release date as they have another album project due out within the same timeframe as recently reported via Hope's latest newsletter.
            • andyrober
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 11, 2007
                Could you give those of us who don't get the Hope newsletter any more info on the album project?

                Also no Hybrid involvement on Re_Mixed would explain why a lot of the album sounds a bit bland

                Its a shame they didn't throw out the Orb remix (which I think probably most of us have had for a few years now) or one of the remixes that don't seem to have anything at all to do with the original (Serge Santiago remix?) and kept the extended Cascade.

                Though so long as they keep Sleepwalking and the Keenan & Anderson mix I'll be happy!

                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 11, 2007
                    Hybrid are now managed by Hope Management, having moved from Distinctive.

                    As for the news, here goes:
                    In the new year we're excited to announce we are going to have a mix album from Hybrid. The first CD will be a club mix, with lots of exclusive upfront tracks, and the second is their reworks of film soundtracks, it's gonna be very interesting.

                    Interesting, not heard about this. Only association I've ever heard of between Hope and Hyrid was for the Gravity remix. Can you post the details please Simon?

                    Ben
                  • Thomas Touzimsky
                    Message 9 of 9 , Oct 14, 2007
                      > Hybrid are now managed by Hope Management, having moved from
                      > Distinctive.
                      >
                      > As for the news, here goes:
                      > In the new year we're excited to announce we are going to have a
                      > mix album from Hybrid. The first CD will be a club mix, with lots
                      > of exclusive upfront tracks, and the second is their reworks of
                      > film soundtracks, it's gonna be very interesting.

                      Now that's some exciting news! Saying that I am looking forward to
                      the second disc would be a massive understatement. ;-)

                      ..::// Thomas Touzimsky

                      "After you finish the first 90% of a project, you have to finish the
                      other 90%." - Michael Abrash