Finished Symphony (Deadmau5 Remix) - Free Download!

  • Rukes
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 21, 2007
      Check out http://www.distinctiverecords.com/

      There is a free download (320kbps MP3) of the Deadmau5 remix of
      Finished Symphony!

      It is also noted the album's title is "Hybrid RE_MIXED" and it comes
      out October 22nd! There is also an EP coming out too, so I am guessing
      it will just be select CD tracks on Vinyl and nothing else.
    • jtstarkiller
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 22, 2007
        Great track but, are they serious? Finished Symphony? I heard absolutely nothing in it that
        led me to believe it was based off that.

      • dcraig@nmt.edu
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 22, 2007
          I'll give Deadmau5 credit for focusing on some unique parts of the
          original track and not going the standard (and obvious) route when
          remixing Finished Symphony. That being said, I did not find this
          particular remix to be something I want to listen to.

          Dan

          > Check out http://www.distinctiverecords.com/
          >
          > There is a free download (320kbps MP3) of the Deadmau5 remix of
          > Finished Symphony!
          >
          > It is also noted the album's title is "Hybrid RE_MIXED" and it comes
          > out October 22nd! There is also an EP coming out too, so I am guessing
          > it will just be select CD tracks on Vinyl and nothing else.

        • Georgy
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 22, 2007
            And Kosheen have the Falling down remix on their
            page<http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=48101858>
            .

            On 9/22/07, jtstarkiller <jtsimler3@...> wrote:

            > Great track but, are they serious? Finished Symphony? I heard absolutely
            > nothing in it that
            > led me to believe it was based off that.
            >
            > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Rukes" <rukes@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Check out http://www.distinctiverecords.com/
            > >
            > > There is a free download (320kbps MP3) of the Deadmau5 remix of
            > > Finished Symphony!
            > >
            > > It is also noted the album's title is "Hybrid RE_MIXED" and it comes
            > > out October 22nd! There is also an EP coming out too, so I am guessing
            > > it will just be select CD tracks on Vinyl and nothing else.

          • Daniel
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 22, 2007
              --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "jtstarkiller" <jtsimler3@...> wrote:

              > Great track but, are they serious? Finished Symphony? I heard
              absolutely nothing in it that
              > led me to believe it was based off that.

              I couldn't agree more. I've listened to it 3 or 4 times, and all I
              can stretch out of it are:

              There were one or two progressions in the last 60 seconds that might
              have sounded like the harmony from Symphony. Maybe at least it is in
              a similar key? I also think that the main synths in the middle are
              vaguely taken from the secondary melody in Symphony, but it's only 8
              notes, so it's hard to say. Right around 2:30, there's a 5-note
              string pattern from the main melody of Symphony, but it's not the
              original recording. Happens again at 4:50, about a 12 note pattern.

              Can anyone out there tell me if I'm missing something here? Not
              saying it's a bad toon, but I'm curious - are the other remixes on the
              new album any more true to the original?

            • Simon Jones
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 23, 2007
                Sad to say, but a lot of the other exclusive remixes on the album are pretty much uninspired and bland too. Proof of the fact that you can round up some of the "cool names" for remix duties, but the results arent always guaranteed to be great.

                  Message 8 of 8 , Sep 23, 2007
                    Definitely reminds me of AFX when he used to give back one of his songs as a remix. :))