Re:Hybrid & Satellite Party

  • Jason Michael
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 27, 2007
      Ive just had exams and stuff so ive been slack with keeping up with the posts so forgive me if someone has every informed everyone already. But i noticed here http://www.rhapsody.com/perryfarrellssatelliteparty/wishuponadogstar
      the 'wish upon a dog star' single has as track 2. Wish Upon A Dog Star (Hybrid Remix Club Mix) and track 3. Wish Upon A Dog Star (Hybrid Remix Instrumental) I havent got/heard them yet but i assume they arent just 'dogstar', however it must be strange to basicly remix a cover of your own song lol.

      I believe that someone also mentioned that the song 'awesome' was a collab with hybrid and HGW and i can confirm that it certainly contains the music 'bed' from "immaculate" from hybrid - scores. I assume the added strings is HGW work. I quite like the blend of the hybrid track and the new strings, however, i hope an instrumental gets released as im not sure about the vocals, especially the inane chorus.

      Hybrid also got a mention on the rollingstone review for those of you that wanted to see them get at least some credit -

      "On Satellite Party's debut, Jane's Addiction frontman Perry Farrell cranks out a load of quirky electro-rock, with help from Flea, Joy Division bassist Peter Hook and U.K. beatmakers Hybrid, among other guests. Cuts like "Insanity Rains" are weird and hook-laden, but most of Ultra Payload feels pretty random -- just a talented ringleader and friends indulging their inner weirdos to no great effect."

      At least hybrid wasnt left in the 'other guests' catagory this time, even thought the review wasnt the best.
    • andyrober
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 28, 2007
        I was listening to an interview with Perry not too long ago and he
        made it sound like it was more of a trade - the song was originally a
        Satellite Party track and he gave the vocals to Hybrid who used them
        to make Dogstar.

        It was then given back to Perry who reworked it into Wish Upon A Dog
        Star which got remixed by Hybrid again for the Satellite Party
        single. That was my take on it anyway, basically Ultra Payloaded was
        made from bits of lots of other artists tracks - Hybrid gave them
        Hooligan (Hearts Desire), Orbit (Immaculate) and Kinky (Outta Time)
        to use.

        Andy

        --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Jason Michael" <moshie61@...> wrote:

[...]

      • Nordicwarcry
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 28, 2007
          Does anyone know if this Satellite Party Wish Upon a
          Dog Star has been officially released with Hybrid
          remixes yet? I've scanned the web for any releases of
          this single with remixes by the boys.

          thanks,
          brad

          that gives answers, not web links.
        • Rukes
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 28, 2007
            Nope...not even on CD promos!

            You can, however, get lossless copies of the remixes from
            www.musicgiants.com

            ______________
            > that gives answers, not web links.

          • Thomas Touzimsky
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 29, 2007
              > You can, however, get lossless copies
              > of the remixes from www.musicgiants.com

              Which would be a lot easier if they would actually print the remix titles on their website as well... anyway, if I should take a guess, it's tracks 2 and 3, right?

              ..::// Thomas
            • chrismix50
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 29, 2007
                There is a CD promo...although I've only seen one and it went for $36

                -Chris

                --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Rukes" <rukes@...> wrote:

                > Nope...not even on CD promos!
                >
                > You can, however, get lossless copies of the remixes from
                > www.musicgiants.com
                >
                > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, Nordicwarcry <celticslang@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Does anyone know if this Satellite Party Wish Upon a
                > > Dog Star has been officially released with Hybrid
                > > remixes yet? I've scanned the web for any releases of
                > > this single with remixes by the boys.
                > >
                > > thanks,
                > > brad

                > ______________
                > > Yahoo! oneSearch: Finally, mobile search
                > > that gives answers, not web links.
                > > http://mobile.yahoo.com/mobileweb/onesearch?refer=1ONXIC

              • Nordicwarcry
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 29, 2007
                  Thanks for this. Do we forsee any actual label release
                  for this thought :( Me be sad if not!
                  --- Rukes <rukes@...> wrote:

                  > Nope...not even on CD promos!
                  >
                  > You can, however, get lossless copies of the remixes
                  > from
                  > www.musicgiants.com
                  >
                  > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, Nordicwarcry
                  > <celticslang@...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Does anyone know if this Satellite Party Wish Upon
                  > > Dog Star has been officially released with Hybrid
                  > > remixes yet? I've scanned the web for any releases
                  > of
                  > > this single with remixes by the boys.
                  > >
                  > > thanks,
                  > > brad

                  > ______________
                  > > Yahoo! oneSearch: Finally, mobile search
                  > > that gives answers, not web links.

                  http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/
                • Nordicwarcry
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 29, 2007
                    I'll keep my fingers crossed for the actual
                    release.....I cannot justify that $$ for 1-3 tracks.
                    --- chrismix50 <richlea@...> wrote:

                    > There is a CD promo...although I've only seen one
                    > and it went for $36
                    >
                    > -Chris
                    >
                    > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Rukes" <rukes@...>
                    > wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Nope...not even on CD promos!
                    > >
                    > > You can, however, get lossless copies of the
                    > remixes from
                    > > www.musicgiants.com
                    > >
                    > > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, Nordicwarcry
                    > <celticslang@> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > Does anyone know if this Satellite Party Wish
                    > Upon a
                    > > > Dog Star has been officially released with
                    > Hybrid
                    > > > remixes yet? I've scanned the web for any
                    > releases of
                    > > > this single with remixes by the boys.
                    > > >
                    > > > thanks,
                    > > > brad

                    > > > Yahoo! oneSearch: Finally, mobile search
                    > > > that gives answers, not web links.

                    Never miss an email again!
                  • nicolaj_sj