Re: Hybrid Scores Vol 1 & 2

  • s_lobo_2
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 14, 2007
      Here's a comprehensive Wikipedia entry about the Scores release:

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scores_(Hybrid_album)

      [[[Moderator (Alan) says: Depending on your browser that link will truncate at the first parenthesis "(", so best to copy and paste the link.]]]

      --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "marksl8r" <marksl8r@...> wrote:

      Any chance you could pass those links on? I work in advertising so may stand a chance of being able to bag it. One thing though, are you referring to Scores (3 CDs, first CD is full length mixes, second is 1 minute edits, third is 30 sec edits) or are you refering to Original Scores Vol 1 & Vol 2 that the bloke on Discogs is taunting us all with?

      I already have Scores but am desperate for Original Scores Vol 1 & 2

      Cheers
    • Darrin Maunders
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 15, 2007
        OMFG awesome compilation. But haven't some of these tracks been released under different names? I get a little confused with names of tracks sometimes.
      • Thomas Touzimsky
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 15, 2007
          Rise Again -> Cascade (I think?)
          Coup De Grace -> In Good We Trust (Y4K version)
          Miscreant -> Celebrity Science
          Nightbreed -> The Drop (Y4K "man on fire" version)
          Outta Time -> Dream Stalker
          Let It All Out -> Zulu (original score)
          What Lies Beneath -> Keep It In The Family

          However, some of these have been reworked for final release or miss parts that were added later - "Outta Time" for example misses the vocals in the breakdown and the complete second half of the song, while "What Lies Beneath" doesn't feature the gorgeous string section from "Keep It In The Family".

          ..::// Thomas Touzimsky
          "Life Is Short, Eat Dessert First!" - Jaques Torres

          > OMFG awesome compilation. But haven't some of these tracks been
          > released under different names?
        • jtstarkiller
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 16, 2007
            Here's the list with two little updates from me...

            Rise Again -> Cascade
            Hearts Desire -> Perry Farrell's Satellite Party - Wish Upon a Dog Star
            Coup De Grace -> In Good We Trust (Y4K version) and elements of All I Want
            Miscreant -> Celebrity Science
            Nightbreed -> The Drop (Y4K "man on fire" version)
            Outta Time -> Dream Stalker
            Let It All Out -> Zulu (original score)
            What Lies Beneath -> Keep It In The Family

            Credit for most of this goes to Thomas.
          • Trent Saunders
            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 18, 2007
              On the topic of obscure Hybrid tracks:

              Check out the tracks 'SANCHEZ FAMILY' and 'THE RAVE' from the man on fire soundtrack- very cool, the percussive rattle sound from the boys old track Altitude is in 'THE RAVE' you can't miss it =)