Re: Hybrid Scores and List (was Re: Cascade Track)

  • Georgy
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 12, 2007
      Amazing. When I only mentioned Scores years ago, the message was censored and now an "advice how to get it" can go through. Things change. That's why I'm wondering why this list is still moderated? What are you/we afraid of? Harsh language? Some criticism against the
      mighty Hybrid? Or download links? I can find links sooner than my e-mail client starts.

      This list is slower than Apple pulling a new operation system out. No real discussions can go on when you get a response in 2 days; it just doesn't matter anymore.

      Why not let all messages go through instantly and warn those who misbehave?

      [[[Moderator (Alan) says: Back then Scores was strictly promotional and only going to those people who could conceivably help Hybrid pursue their dream of scoring a movie or three. Not such an issue, now.

      Yes, the list has been slow and that's my fault as much as anyone's, the moderators are all busy people, moreso of late it would seem.

      This list is officially sanctioned by Hybrid and Distinct'ive, as such any info going out on it should be either clearly the opinion of the poster or official information, any confusion between the two could reflect negatively on either (or both) of the official parties mentioned (Hybrid and Distinct'ive).

      I appreciate your frustration at the speed of the moderation and I will do my best to improve on that score (heh-heh), thanks for your patience.]]]

      On 6/10/07, marksl8r <marksl8r@...> wrote:
      Easiest way to get it is to find a torrent of "Scores" (mininova.org is where I found it), the first track is called "Rise Again" and it is Cascade.

      I am very intrigued about the Original Scores Vol 1 & 2 that someone has on discogs.com as this looks different to Scores. Someone on the facebook group was writing about it the other day and he said it was well worth checking out - any ideas??
    • s_lobo_2
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 14, 2007
        Here's a comprehensive Wikipedia entry about the Scores release:

        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scores_(Hybrid_album)

        [[[Moderator (Alan) says: Depending on your browser that link will truncate at the first parenthesis "(", so best to copy and paste the link.]]]

        --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "marksl8r" <marksl8r@...> wrote:

        Any chance you could pass those links on? I work in advertising so may stand a chance of being able to bag it. One thing though, are you referring to Scores (3 CDs, first CD is full length mixes, second is 1 minute edits, third is 30 sec edits) or are you refering to Original Scores Vol 1 & Vol 2 that the bloke on Discogs is taunting us all with?

        I already have Scores but am desperate for Original Scores Vol 1 & 2

        Cheers
      • Darrin Maunders
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 15, 2007
          OMFG awesome compilation. But haven't some of these tracks been released under different names? I get a little confused with names of tracks sometimes.
        • Thomas Touzimsky
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 15, 2007
            Rise Again -> Cascade (I think?)
            Coup De Grace -> In Good We Trust (Y4K version)
            Miscreant -> Celebrity Science
            Nightbreed -> The Drop (Y4K "man on fire" version)
            Outta Time -> Dream Stalker
            Let It All Out -> Zulu (original score)
            What Lies Beneath -> Keep It In The Family

            However, some of these have been reworked for final release or miss parts that were added later - "Outta Time" for example misses the vocals in the breakdown and the complete second half of the song, while "What Lies Beneath" doesn't feature the gorgeous string section from "Keep It In The Family".

            ..::// Thomas Touzimsky
            "Life Is Short, Eat Dessert First!" - Jaques Torres

            > OMFG awesome compilation. But haven't some of these tracks been
            > released under different names?
          • jtstarkiller
            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 16, 2007
              Here's the list with two little updates from me...

              Rise Again -> Cascade
              Hearts Desire -> Perry Farrell's Satellite Party - Wish Upon a Dog Star
              Coup De Grace -> In Good We Trust (Y4K version) and elements of All I Want
              Miscreant -> Celebrity Science
              Nightbreed -> The Drop (Y4K "man on fire" version)
              Outta Time -> Dream Stalker
              Let It All Out -> Zulu (original score)
              What Lies Beneath -> Keep It In The Family

              Credit for most of this goes to Thomas.
            • Trent Saunders
              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 18, 2007
                On the topic of obscure Hybrid tracks:

                Check out the tracks 'SANCHEZ FAMILY' and 'THE RAVE' from the man on fire soundtrack- very cool, the percussive rattle sound from the boys old track Altitude is in 'THE RAVE' you can't miss it =)