Re: Satellite Party - Ultra Payloaded...

  • Rukes
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 4, 2007
      You're getting "no credit" confused with "the mainstream media
      doesn't know who Hybrid is/Hybrid won't sell an album as much as Flea
      or Fergie".

      Why would a mainstream album review gush over Hybrid and have most
      people go "Huh? Who?" when they could say "Flea" and people go "Oh,
      cool!" It works out better for Hybrid in the end...more people buy
      the album, then see the credits in the book and see what Hybrid did :)

      --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Ben Abrams" <benjabrams@...> wrote:

      > Is n't anybody else slightly annoyed that once again the boys are
      > getting very little or no credit for apparently co-writing or at
      > least contributing towards somebody elses release?
      >
      > We hear on the grapevine that they have contributed significantly
      > towards some of the work HGW did on Deja-Vu, and what recognition
      do
      > they get? A small mention buried deep within the sprawling credits
      > under some mickey mouse job title.
      >
      > Maybe I am over estimating the contribution of the boys into some
      of
      > these projects but I don't see any mention of them in any of the
      > reviews for Satellite Party's new album (actually they are
      mentioned
      > on Amazon) yet Flea and Peter Hook have their names dropped with
      > alarming regularity. This is despite the fact that their
      > contributions were fairly small.
      >
      > Grumble Grumble ;-)
      >

      > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Nick Bower" <nbower@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Oh...there's also 'Awesome' too...a HWG stringed-out affair which
      > > Mike and Chris apparently co-wrote with Perry.
      > >
      > > Nick
      > >
      > > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Nick Bower" <nbower@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi all
      > > >
      > > > Perry Farrell's Satellite Party collaboration album (which our
      > Hybrid
      > > > boys had a hand in) is released in the UK today. Worth a listen
      > for
      > > the
      > > > rocked up Satellite Party versions of Wish Upon a Dogstar
      > > > (AKA 'Dogstar') and Kinky (AKA 'Dream Stalker').
      > > >
      > > > I've just picked up my copy :)
      > > >
      > > > Nick

    • Tannith Cattermole
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 7, 2007