Satellite Party - Ultra Payloaded...

  • Nick Bower
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 4, 2007
      Hi all

      Perry Farrell's Satellite Party collaboration album (which our Hybrid
      boys had a hand in) is released in the UK today. Worth a listen for the
      rocked up Satellite Party versions of Wish Upon a Dogstar
      (AKA 'Dogstar') and Kinky (AKA 'Dream Stalker').

      I've just picked up my copy :)

      Nick
    • Nick Bower
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 4, 2007
        Oh...there's also 'Awesome' too...a HWG stringed-out affair which
        Mike and Chris apparently co-wrote with Perry.

        Nick

        --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Nick Bower" <nbower@...> wrote:

        > Hi all
        >
        > Perry Farrell's Satellite Party collaboration album (which our Hybrid
        > boys had a hand in) is released in the UK today. Worth a listen for
        the
        > rocked up Satellite Party versions of Wish Upon a Dogstar
        > (AKA 'Dogstar') and Kinky (AKA 'Dream Stalker').
        >
        > I've just picked up my copy :)
        >
        > Nick

      • Ben Abrams
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 4, 2007
          Is n't anybody else slightly annoyed that once again the boys are
          getting very little or no credit for apparently co-writing or at
          least contributing towards somebody elses release?

          We hear on the grapevine that they have contributed significantly
          towards some of the work HGW did on Deja-Vu, and what recognition do
          they get? A small mention buried deep within the sprawling credits
          under some mickey mouse job title.

          Maybe I am over estimating the contribution of the boys into some of
          these projects but I don't see any mention of them in any of the
          reviews for Satellite Party's new album (actually they are mentioned
          on Amazon) yet Flea and Peter Hook have their names dropped with
          alarming regularity. This is despite the fact that their
          contributions were fairly small.

          Grumble Grumble ;-)

          --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Nick Bower" <nbower@...> wrote:

          > Oh...there's also 'Awesome' too...a HWG stringed-out affair which
          > Mike and Chris apparently co-wrote with Perry.
          >
          > Nick
          >
          > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Nick Bower" <nbower@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi all
          > >
          > > Perry Farrell's Satellite Party collaboration album (which our
          Hybrid
          > > boys had a hand in) is released in the UK today. Worth a listen
          for
          > the
          > > rocked up Satellite Party versions of Wish Upon a Dogstar
          > > (AKA 'Dogstar') and Kinky (AKA 'Dream Stalker').
          > >
          > > I've just picked up my copy :)
          > >
          > > Nick

        • Rukes
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 4, 2007
            You're getting "no credit" confused with "the mainstream media
            doesn't know who Hybrid is/Hybrid won't sell an album as much as Flea
            or Fergie".

            Why would a mainstream album review gush over Hybrid and have most
            people go "Huh? Who?" when they could say "Flea" and people go "Oh,
            cool!" It works out better for Hybrid in the end...more people buy
            the album, then see the credits in the book and see what Hybrid did :)

            --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Ben Abrams" <benjabrams@...> wrote:

            > Is n't anybody else slightly annoyed that once again the boys are
            > getting very little or no credit for apparently co-writing or at
            > least contributing towards somebody elses release?
            >
            > We hear on the grapevine that they have contributed significantly
            > towards some of the work HGW did on Deja-Vu, and what recognition
            do
            > they get? A small mention buried deep within the sprawling credits
            > under some mickey mouse job title.
            >
            > Maybe I am over estimating the contribution of the boys into some
            of
            > these projects but I don't see any mention of them in any of the
            > reviews for Satellite Party's new album (actually they are
            mentioned
            > on Amazon) yet Flea and Peter Hook have their names dropped with
            > alarming regularity. This is despite the fact that their
            > contributions were fairly small.
            >
            > Grumble Grumble ;-)
            >

            > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Nick Bower" <nbower@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Oh...there's also 'Awesome' too...a HWG stringed-out affair which
            > > Mike and Chris apparently co-wrote with Perry.
            > >
            > > Nick
            > >
            > > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Nick Bower" <nbower@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Hi all
            > > >
            > > > Perry Farrell's Satellite Party collaboration album (which our
            > Hybrid
            > > > boys had a hand in) is released in the UK today. Worth a listen
            > for
            > > the
            > > > rocked up Satellite Party versions of Wish Upon a Dogstar
            > > > (AKA 'Dogstar') and Kinky (AKA 'Dream Stalker').
            > > >
            > > > I've just picked up my copy :)
            > > >
            > > > Nick

          • Tannith Cattermole
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 7, 2007