new member - dumb question

  • Ben Carl
    Message 1 of 15 , May 4, 2007
      Hey guys, new to the group, but not to hybrid, been listening since the
      US Moby tour in 2000. I am wondering if anyone has ever come across or
      even attempted scoring out any of the orchestral parts on Wide Angle.
      Specifically "Opening Credits". I am having strings playing at my
      wedding, and I'm hoping to find sheet music somewhere. Thanks,
    • ally @ hybrid-group.com
      Message 2 of 15 , May 8, 2007
        That's such a lovely idea :)

        Do I remember a similar discussion to this a while back everyone?

        I'd also love to see any sheet music for either the Wide Angle or I
        Choose Noise albums.

        Ally

        --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Ben Carl" <bigchiefbc@...> wrote:

        > Hey guys, new to the group, but not to hybrid, been listening
        since the
        > US Moby tour in 2000. I am wondering if anyone has ever come
        across or
        > even attempted scoring out any of the orchestral parts on Wide
        Angle.
        > Specifically "Opening Credits". I am having strings playing at my
        > wedding, and I'm hoping to find sheet music somewhere. Thanks,

      • chrismix50
        Message 3 of 15 , May 8, 2007
          I would also love to see that too!

          I'm sure it exists...as there are photos of the score for Keep It In
          The Family from the string session...shame odds are we will never see it.

          -Chris

          --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "ally @ hybrid-group.com" <list@...>
          wrote:

          > That's such a lovely idea :)
          >
          > Do I remember a similar discussion to this a while back everyone?
          >
          > I'd also love to see any sheet music for either the Wide Angle or I
          > Choose Noise albums.
          >
          > Ally
          >

          > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Ben Carl" <bigchiefbc@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hey guys, new to the group, but not to hybrid, been listening
          > since the
          > > US Moby tour in 2000. I am wondering if anyone has ever come
          > across or
          > > even attempted scoring out any of the orchestral parts on Wide
          > Angle.
          > > Specifically "Opening Credits". I am having strings playing at my
          > > wedding, and I'm hoping to find sheet music somewhere. Thanks,

        • Donna Calcavecchia
          Message 4 of 15 , May 8, 2007
            Hey Ally hope all is well with you. I have a question
            that you may or
            may not know the answer too. I read that hybrid
            worked with harry
            gregson williams on the dejavu soundtrack but I looked
            up the soundtrack
            and it only lists him no mention of hybrid. Did they
            end up not working
            on it? The music is really good and it sounds like
            their stuff. Also
            do you know anything about the glade festival i was
            reading up on it
            and saw that hybrid will be performing there and i
            will be in europe at
            that time was wondering if it was worth checking out,
            although anything
            that involves hybrid is worth checking out in my
            opinion.
            Thanks much!!!!!
            Take care
            Donna
            --- "ally @ hybrid-group.com" <list@...>
            wrote:

            > That's such a lovely idea :)
            >
            > Do I remember a similar discussion to this a while
            > back everyone?
            >
            > I'd also love to see any sheet music for either the
            > Wide Angle or I
            > Choose Noise albums.
            >
            > Ally
            >

            > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Ben Carl"
            > <bigchiefbc@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hey guys, new to the group, but not to hybrid,
            > been listening
            > since the
            > > US Moby tour in 2000. I am wondering if anyone
            > has ever come
            > across or
            > > even attempted scoring out any of the orchestral
            > parts on Wide
            > Angle.
            > > Specifically "Opening Credits". I am having
            > strings playing at my
            > > wedding, and I'm hoping to find sheet music
            > somewhere. Thanks,

            http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/265
          • Trent Saunders
            Message 5 of 15 , May 8, 2007
              I was going to say that as well, I managed to decipher the melodies from that keep it in the family scoring session and get an idea of what the track sounded like before it came out! I might have a go at writing the notations for the string sections from some Hybrid tracks like opening credits and maybe finished symphony by ear.

              keep you posted =)

            • Max Hogg
              Message 6 of 15 , May 9, 2007
                Hi Donna (and everyone)

                The Glade festival is an electronic dance music festival - the music is
                mainly breaks, lots of psytrance, a bit of house, a bit of techno and some
                more chilled/minimal stuff.

                In my opinion its the best UK festival - very good atmosphere and (in the
                last three years its been running) amazing weather. I don't know of any
                comparisons outside the UK, but its not really like the other big dance
                festivals in the UK (Creamfields, Global Gathering, Homelands) which I find
                pretty unpleasant - its more like a small version of Glastonbury but with a
                very particular sort of music.

                Given the music, there is understandably quite a lot of drugs about, but the
                atmosphere isn't spoiled by that - people only go there because they know
                and love the acts/genres there, and so the crowds are very friendly and good
                fun.

                I hope this helps - more information at www.gladefestival.com
                Tickets are very expensive, though.

                Max

                On 08/05/07, Donna Calcavecchia <donnaphitia@...> wrote:

                > Hey Ally hope all is well with you. I have a question
                > that you may or
                > may not know the answer too. I read that hybrid
                > worked with harry
                > gregson williams on the dejavu soundtrack but I looked
                > up the soundtrack
                > and it only lists him no mention of hybrid. Did they
                > end up not working
                > on it? The music is really good and it sounds like
                > their stuff. Also
                > do you know anything about the glade festival i was
                > reading up on it
                > and saw that hybrid will be performing there and i
                > will be in europe at
                > that time was wondering if it was worth checking out,
                > although anything
                > that involves hybrid is worth checking out in my
                > opinion.
                > Thanks much!!!!!
                > Take care
                > Donna
                > --- "ally @ hybrid-group.com" <list@...>
                > wrote:
                >
                > > That's such a lovely idea :)
                > >
                > > Do I remember a similar discussion to this a while
                > > back everyone?
                > >
                > > I'd also love to see any sheet music for either the
                > > Wide Angle or I
                > > Choose Noise albums.
                > >
                > > Ally
                > >

                > > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Ben Carl"
                > > <bigchiefbc@...> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Hey guys, new to the group, but not to hybrid,
                > > been listening
                > > since the
                > > > US Moby tour in 2000. I am wondering if anyone
                > > has ever come
                > > across or
                > > > even attempted scoring out any of the orchestral
                > > parts on Wide
                > > Angle.
                > > > Specifically "Opening Credits". I am having
                > > strings playing at my
                > > > wedding, and I'm hoping to find sheet music
                > > somewhere. Thanks,

                > http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/265

              • Carolyn Pfaff
                Message 7 of 15 , May 9, 2007
                  i know that they were working on it a bit, but i never caught the
                  movie once it was released to see what credits they got, if any. i
                  met up with them one night over at harry's and watched it, before
                  their music made its debut. i also heard that there was some tension
                  between the boys and harry at some point during the making. i know
                  harry called up tom at one point to work on it, but tom's not up for
                  that kind of stuff anymore. so who knows. but i still cant tell
                  which scenes are theirs or not!! harry has a lot of people working
                  for him so it's hard to tell who did what. so i guess we'll never know!

                • Simon Jones
                  Message 8 of 15 , May 9, 2007
                    They don't get credited in the end credits whatsoever.

                      I hope this helps - more information at www.gladefestival.com

                      Message 10 of 15 , May 9, 2007
                        thanks for the info carolyn i recommend watching the movie it was pretty good and quite truthfully the music sounded more like their stuff
                        guess it will remain a mystery
                        Donna

                      • Simon Chilvers
                        Message 11 of 15 , May 10, 2007
                          Yes they do..... 99% sure. They are listed under "Additional Music and
                          Scoring" or something like that?

                          Will check though.

                          Si

                          On 5/9/07, Simon Jones <whizz@...> wrote:

                          > They don't get credited in the end credits whatsoever.

                        • chrismix50
                          Message 12 of 15 , May 10, 2007
                            I'm sure Hybrid had a hand in it, Humvee Chase has bits of
                            Sleepwalking all over the place.

                            You can get the score on itunes, although no tracks exclusivly
                            produced by Hybrid...or at least credited.

                            -Chris

                            --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, Donna Calcavecchia <donnaphitia@...>
                            wrote:

                            > thanks for the info carolyn i recommend watching the movie it was
                            pretty good and quite truthfully the music sounded more like their stuff
                            > guess it will remain a mystery
                            > Donna
                            >
                            > Carolyn Pfaff <sweetcarolyn@...> wrote:
                            > i know that they were working on it a bit, but i never
                            caught the
                            > movie once it was released to see what credits they got, if any. i
                            > met up with them one night over at harry's and watched it, before
                            > their music made its debut. i also heard that there was some tension
                            > between the boys and harry at some point during the making. i know
                            > harry called up tom at one point to work on it, but tom's not up for
                            > that kind of stuff anymore. so who knows. but i still cant tell
                            > which scenes are theirs or not!! harry has a lot of people working
                            > for him so it's hard to tell who did what. so i guess we'll never know!
                            >
                            > On May 8, 2007, at 12:15 PM, Donna Calcavecchia wrote:
                            >
                            > > Hey Ally hope all is well with you. I have a question
                            > > that you may or
                            > > may not know the answer too. I read that hybrid
                            > > worked with harry
                            > > gregson williams on the dejavu soundtrack but I looked
                            > > up the soundtrack
                            > > and it only lists him no mention of hybrid. Did they
                            > > end up not working
                            > > on it? The music is really good and it sounds like
                            > > their stuff. Also
                            > > do you know anything about the glade festival i was
                            > > reading up on it
                            > > and saw that hybrid will be performing there and i
                            > > will be in europe at
                            > > that time was wondering if it was worth checking out,
                            > > although anything
                            > > that involves hybrid is worth checking out in my
                            > > opinion.
                            > > Thanks much!!!!!
                            > > Take care
                            > > Donna
                            > > --- "ally @ hybrid-group.com" <list@...>
                            > > wrote:
                            > >
                            > > > That's such a lovely idea :)
                            > > >
                            > > > Do I remember a similar discussion to this a while
                            > > > back everyone?
                            > > >
                            > > > I'd also love to see any sheet music for either the
                            > > > Wide Angle or I
                            > > > Choose Noise albums.
                            > > >
                            > > > Ally
                            > > >

                            > > > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Ben Carl"

                            > > > been listening
                            > > > since the
                            > > > has ever come
                            > > > across or
                            > > > parts on Wide
                            > > > Angle.
                            > > > strings playing at my
                            > > > somewhere. Thanks,
                          • Nick Bower
                            Message 13 of 15 , May 11, 2007
                              Hi guys - hope you're well. Sorry for the quietness on the list
                              recently - I've been having major email problems and have been
                              running around like a headless chicken of late!

                              Yes I can confirm that our boys were on the credits for Deja Vu - I
                              watched the whole thing right through to the end credits. It was a
                              proud moment. lol

                              As an aside, I have to say that the mix that Stefan Anion & Starfire
                              have done of Last Man Standing is marvellous.

                              :)

                              Nick

                              --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, Carolyn Pfaff <sweetcarolyn@...>
                              wrote:

                              > i know that they were working on it a bit, but i never caught the
                              > movie once it was released to see what credits they got, if any.
                              > met up with them one night over at harry's and watched it, before
                              > their music made its debut. i also heard that there was some
                              tension
                              > between the boys and harry at some point during the making. i
                              know
                              > harry called up tom at one point to work on it, but tom's not up
                              for
                              > that kind of stuff anymore. so who knows. but i still cant tell
                              > which scenes are theirs or not!! harry has a lot of people
                              working
                              > for him so it's hard to tell who did what. so i guess we'll never
                              know!

                              > On May 8, 2007, at 12:15 PM, Donna Calcavecchia wrote:
                              >
                              > > Hey Ally hope all is well with you. I have a question
                              > > that you may or
                              > > may not know the answer too. I read that hybrid
                              > > worked with harry
                              > > gregson williams on the dejavu soundtrack but I looked
                              > > up the soundtrack
                              > > and it only lists him no mention of hybrid. Did they
                              > > end up not working
                              > > on it? The music is really good and it sounds like
                              > > their stuff. Also
                              > > do you know anything about the glade festival i was
                              > > reading up on it
                              > > and saw that hybrid will be performing there and i
                              > > will be in europe at
                              > > that time was wondering if it was worth checking out,
                              > > although anything
                              > > that involves hybrid is worth checking out in my
                              > > opinion.
                              > > Thanks much!!!!!
                              > > Take care
                              > > Donna
                              > > --- "ally @ hybrid-group.com" <list@...>
                              > > wrote:
                              > >
                              > > > That's such a lovely idea :)
                              > > >
                              > > > Do I remember a similar discussion to this a while
                              > > > back everyone?
                              > > >
                              > > > I'd also love to see any sheet music for either the
                              > > > Wide Angle or I
                              > > > Choose Noise albums.
                              > > >
                              > > > Ally
                              > > >

                              > > > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Ben Carl"

                              > > > been listening
                              > > > since the
                              > > > has ever come
                              > > > across or
                              > > > parts on Wide
                              > > > Angle.
                              > > > strings playing at my
                              > > > somewhere. Thanks,
                            • Nick Bower
                              Message 14 of 15 , May 11, 2007
                                --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Nick Bower" <nbower@...> wrote:
                                > As an aside, I have to say that the mix that Stefan Anion & Starfire
                                > have done of Last Man Standing is marvellous.

                                Of course I meant 'Until Tomorrow' there...lol

                                ;)

                                Nick
                              • face
                                Message 15 of 15 , May 11, 2007
                                  nick, did you mean their remix of until tomorrow? or dave seaman's
                                  mix of last man standing?

                                  ;-)

                                  Face