Re: Some new Hybrid Live dates..

  • chrismix50
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 17, 2007
      Scratch "the Depot"...I'm an idiot for posting things without sleep.

      Sorry all.

      --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "chrismix50" <richlea@...> wrote:

      > Ruby Skye (San Fran., CA) - March 8
      > Gothic Theatre (Denver, CO)- March 14
      > 9:30 Club (Washington DC) - March 15
      > The Depot (Y4K Launch Party\Hybrid Live) (London, UK)- March 19
      > Ultra Music Festival (Miami, FL) - March 22
      >
      > Looks like Hybrid is going to have a busy month.

    • Georgy
      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 17, 2007
        As much as I liked them when I was young, sure I'd be pissed if I go
        to an electronic festival and FatBob and co showed up to perform...

        On 2/16/07, Carolyn Suzanne Pfaff <sweetcarolyn@...> wrote:
        > the boys will be playing ultra this year on saturday, march 24th, not
        > the 22nd. for all you lucky people that are going to both days, tom is playing friday night around 7 pm, opening for the cure. sure going to be a show not to be missed, all new music (even though the set is for a half hour). you lucky birds, i'll be here in l.a. working on my thesis project which is due the following week. only good thing is that once i present that, i'm done for the rest of my life! then i can go and do whatever i want, whenever i want!!! at least, i'm hoping for that. you all have fun, i'm still waiting to see the new hybrid live show. i
        > totally missed it at coachella last year. : (
        >
        > love
      • RICHARD LUND
        Message 3 of 16 , Feb 17, 2007
          I thought Hybrid were playing Ultra on the 24th not the 22nd ..

          Ultra isnt even going on the 22nd ... its the 23rd & 24th

          RICK

          >From: "Eric Chu" <chufucious@...>
          >To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: [Hybrid] Re: Some new Hybrid Live dates..
          >Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 10:46:27 -0800
          >
          >These are confirmed? These are also *live*, right, meaning, full band and
          >whatnot? If so, I'm making it to the Ruby Skye performance!
          >

          >On 2/16/07, chrismix50 <richlea@...> wrote:
          >Ruby Skye (San Fran., CA) - March 8
          >Gothic Theatre (Denver, CO)- March 14
          >9:30 Club (Washington DC) - March 15
          >The Depot (Y4K Launch Party\Hybrid Live) (London, UK)- March 19
          >Ultra Music Festival (Miami, FL) - March 22
          >
          >Looks like Hybrid is going to have a busy month.
        • Drew Ressler
          Message 4 of 16 , Feb 17, 2007
            Hybrid is Live @ Avalon on March 10, last I heard from them. Hasn't been
            announced yet though. Would make sense considering Ruby Skye is the 8th :)

            Thanks

            Drew Ressler
            http://www.rukes.com/
          • Carolyn Suzanne Pfaff
            Message 5 of 16 , Feb 18, 2007
              sweeeeeeet!

              On Feb 17, 2007, at 5:11 PM, Drew Ressler wrote:

              > Hybrid is Live @ Avalon on March 10, last I heard from them. Hasn't
              > been
              > announced yet though. Would make sense considering Ruby Skye is the
              > 8th :)
              >
              > Thanks
              >
              > Drew Ressler
              > http://www.rukes.com/

            • zem_the_mattress
              Message 6 of 16 , Feb 18, 2007
                --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "chrismix50" <richlea@...> wrote:

                > Ruby Skye (San Fran., CA) - March 8
                > Gothic Theatre (Denver, CO)- March 14
                > 9:30 Club (Washington DC) - March 15
                > The Depot (Y4K Launch Party\Hybrid Live) (London, UK)- March 19
                > Ultra Music Festival (Miami, FL) - March 22
                >
                > Looks like Hybrid is going to have a busy month.

                Woot!

                SF is getting some love again!! If anyone is coming from out of
                town, feel free to hit me up for any logistical details/questions.

                Enthuse for Hybrid ;-p

                Dave
              • Trisram Dawahoo
                Message 7 of 16 , Feb 19, 2007
                  aww, man. My joy dashed...

                  I was gonna question this 19th March @ the depot

                  It would have meant it was exactly the same date (and venue) as when they
                  did the Morning Sci-Fi live shows. That one being a 'secret' gig I recall.
                  Would have been cool if that was the intention.

                  I was hoping that they'd be doing a London show at some point though. So
                  whats the deal with that??? Maybe after the US shows?

                  tris

                  RE: Scores CD - as this is a business use CD, does this mean the price will
                  be business-like i.e. �hundreds??
                • Peter Chapman
                  Message 8 of 16 , Feb 19, 2007
                    So no London live gig? Darn! I was looking forward to that, even if it was
                    on a Monday night! Last time talked to Mike he said they would be playing
                    live in Fabric some time in March so I thought the depot had maybe replaced
                    that. Oh well, I'll keep my fingers crossed they'll manage to do something
                    at they just haven't got a venue sorted yet.
                  • dcraig@nmt.edu
                    Message 9 of 16 , Feb 19, 2007
                      Carolyn, is the new stuff you're referring to the music Tom worked on for
                      that new SSX game or is it different from that?

                      Dan
                    • Carolyn Suzanne Pfaff
                      Message 10 of 16 , Feb 20, 2007
                        no, tom probably wont be playing that stuff out except for at industry parties, like tomorrow in quebec for the opening of that video game. this myspace account just befriended me, i'm not sure who runs it, but they put up some of my favorite songs off the new ssx videogame. check it out!
                        www.myspace.com/ssxsoundtrack

                        and it's available for download on itunes today. some of my favorite
                        tracks are:
                        dark territory
                        a51
                        eichenhof
                        love park
                        snow park nz

                        the stuff tom should be playing starting at ultra this year is a couple new ep's, really fun and hyper songs, much more like a mix between his first two junkie xl albums. plus, a nice, amazing, new remix he surprised me with for valentine's day...
                        so you're all in for a treat.
                        love

                        On Feb 19, 2007, at 10:54 AM, dcraig@... wrote:

                        Carolyn, is the new stuff you're referring to the music Tom worked on
                        for that new SSX game or is it different from that?

                        Dan
                      • rajiv raja
                        Message 11 of 16 , Feb 26, 2007
                          wow.....

                          is it them.., or is it just my luck ?!

                          Have been following them since wide(r) angle...thats 8
                          years now. A hope to witness them doing any kinda set
                          to which i wud be attending was pushed aside as a
                          'mere HOPE'.

                          The time ive been interning in Oregon last year, they
                          came in for a DJ set at Element, Seattle. It was my
                          pleasure to have made it to that set.... that evening
                          was one of its kind. There was a point of time then,
                          that i began to believe that not all of the incredible
                          things in this world are impossible.. !

                          The time I've gotten back to school in NY, they did a
                          set in DC, wch I cud attend too.

                          Now wen i got to work and settle in the bay... these
                          guys surprise me with a LIVE set in Sfo.

                          I bet it just cant get any better !!

                          I was curious if there is a place online which has the
                          time, directions and admission procedures to the venue
                          and the other good stuff related to their gigs? I did
                          not find quite much info on hybridsoundsystem

                          any leads?

                          Thanks,
                          Rajiv

                          --- zem_the_mattress <Zem_the_mattress@...>