Re: Some new Hybrid Live dates..

  • chrismix50
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 17 7:52 AM
      Yep Ruby Skye is live...although it seems these days they have two
      types of live events too.

      From what I hear Ruby Skye will have less people than some of the
      dates leading up to Ultra...

      Maeby no Peter or something like that..not 100% sure though so don't
      take my word on it.

      --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Eric Chu" <chufucious@...> wrote:

      > These are confirmed? These are also *live*, right, meaning, full
      band and whatnot? If so, I'm making it to the Ruby Skye performance!

      > On 2/16/07, chrismix50 <richlea@...> wrote:
      > Ruby Skye (San Fran., CA) - March 8
      > Gothic Theatre (Denver, CO)- March 14
      > 9:30 Club (Washington DC) - March 15
      > The Depot (Y4K Launch Party\Hybrid Live) (London, UK)- March 19
      > Ultra Music Festival (Miami, FL) - March 24
      >
      > Looks like Hybrid is going to have a busy month.

    • chrismix50
      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 17 7:55 AM
        Scratch "the Depot"...I'm an idiot for posting things without sleep.

        Sorry all.

        --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "chrismix50" <richlea@...> wrote:

        > Ruby Skye (San Fran., CA) - March 8
        > Gothic Theatre (Denver, CO)- March 14
        > 9:30 Club (Washington DC) - March 15
        > The Depot (Y4K Launch Party\Hybrid Live) (London, UK)- March 19
        > Ultra Music Festival (Miami, FL) - March 22
        >
        > Looks like Hybrid is going to have a busy month.

      • Georgy
        Message 3 of 16 , Feb 17 8:30 AM
          As much as I liked them when I was young, sure I'd be pissed if I go
          to an electronic festival and FatBob and co showed up to perform...

          On 2/16/07, Carolyn Suzanne Pfaff <sweetcarolyn@...> wrote:
          > the boys will be playing ultra this year on saturday, march 24th, not
          > the 22nd. for all you lucky people that are going to both days, tom is playing friday night around 7 pm, opening for the cure. sure going to be a show not to be missed, all new music (even though the set is for a half hour). you lucky birds, i'll be here in l.a. working on my thesis project which is due the following week. only good thing is that once i present that, i'm done for the rest of my life! then i can go and do whatever i want, whenever i want!!! at least, i'm hoping for that. you all have fun, i'm still waiting to see the new hybrid live show. i
          > totally missed it at coachella last year. : (
          >
          > love
        • RICHARD LUND
          Message 4 of 16 , Feb 17 11:38 AM
            I thought Hybrid were playing Ultra on the 24th not the 22nd ..

            Ultra isnt even going on the 22nd ... its the 23rd & 24th

            RICK

            >From: "Eric Chu" <chufucious@...>
            >To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: [Hybrid] Re: Some new Hybrid Live dates..
            >Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 10:46:27 -0800
            >
            >These are confirmed? These are also *live*, right, meaning, full band and
            >whatnot? If so, I'm making it to the Ruby Skye performance!
            >

            >On 2/16/07, chrismix50 <richlea@...> wrote:
            >Ruby Skye (San Fran., CA) - March 8
            >Gothic Theatre (Denver, CO)- March 14
            >9:30 Club (Washington DC) - March 15
            >The Depot (Y4K Launch Party\Hybrid Live) (London, UK)- March 19
            >Ultra Music Festival (Miami, FL) - March 22
            >
            >Looks like Hybrid is going to have a busy month.
          • Drew Ressler
            Message 5 of 16 , Feb 17 2:11 PM
              Hybrid is Live @ Avalon on March 10, last I heard from them. Hasn't been
              announced yet though. Would make sense considering Ruby Skye is the 8th :)

              Thanks

              Drew Ressler
              http://www.rukes.com/
            • Carolyn Suzanne Pfaff
              Message 6 of 16 , Feb 18 10:15 AM
                sweeeeeeet!

                On Feb 17, 2007, at 5:11 PM, Drew Ressler wrote:

                > Hybrid is Live @ Avalon on March 10, last I heard from them. Hasn't
                > been
                > announced yet though. Would make sense considering Ruby Skye is the
                > 8th :)
                >
                > Thanks
                >
                > Drew Ressler
                > http://www.rukes.com/

              • zem_the_mattress
                Message 7 of 16 , Feb 18 12:45 PM
                  --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "chrismix50" <richlea@...> wrote:

                  > Ruby Skye (San Fran., CA) - March 8
                  > Gothic Theatre (Denver, CO)- March 14
                  > 9:30 Club (Washington DC) - March 15
                  > The Depot (Y4K Launch Party\Hybrid Live) (London, UK)- March 19
                  > Ultra Music Festival (Miami, FL) - March 22
                  >
                  > Looks like Hybrid is going to have a busy month.

                  Woot!

                  SF is getting some love again!! If anyone is coming from out of
                  town, feel free to hit me up for any logistical details/questions.

                  Enthuse for Hybrid ;-p

                  Dave
                • Trisram Dawahoo
                  Message 8 of 16 , Feb 19 2:49 AM
                    aww, man. My joy dashed...

                    I was gonna question this 19th March @ the depot

                    It would have meant it was exactly the same date (and venue) as when they
                    did the Morning Sci-Fi live shows. That one being a 'secret' gig I recall.
                    Would have been cool if that was the intention.

                    I was hoping that they'd be doing a London show at some point though. So
                    whats the deal with that??? Maybe after the US shows?

                    tris

                    RE: Scores CD - as this is a business use CD, does this mean the price will
                    be business-like i.e. �hundreds??
                  • Peter Chapman
                    Message 9 of 16 , Feb 19 3:26 AM
                      So no London live gig? Darn! I was looking forward to that, even if it was
                      on a Monday night! Last time talked to Mike he said they would be playing
                      live in Fabric some time in March so I thought the depot had maybe replaced
                      that. Oh well, I'll keep my fingers crossed they'll manage to do something
                      at they just haven't got a venue sorted yet.
                    • dcraig@nmt.edu
                      Message 10 of 16 , Feb 19 7:54 AM
                        Carolyn, is the new stuff you're referring to the music Tom worked on for
                        that new SSX game or is it different from that?

                        Dan
                      • Carolyn Suzanne Pfaff
                        Message 11 of 16 , Feb 20 11:29 AM
                          no, tom probably wont be playing that stuff out except for at industry parties, like tomorrow in quebec for the opening of that video game. this myspace account just befriended me, i'm not sure who runs it, but they put up some of my favorite songs off the new ssx videogame. check it out!
                          www.myspace.com/ssxsoundtrack

                          and it's available for download on itunes today. some of my favorite
                          tracks are:
                          dark territory
                          a51
                          eichenhof
                          love park
                          snow park nz

                          the stuff tom should be playing starting at ultra this year is a couple new ep's, really fun and hyper songs, much more like a mix between his first two junkie xl albums. plus, a nice, amazing, new remix he surprised me with for valentine's day...
                          so you're all in for a treat.
                          love

                          On Feb 19, 2007, at 10:54 AM, dcraig@... wrote:

                          Carolyn, is the new stuff you're referring to the music Tom worked on
                          for that new SSX game or is it different from that?

                          Dan
                        • rajiv raja
                          Message 12 of 16 , Feb 26 11:08 AM
                            wow.....

                            is it them.., or is it just my luck ?!

                            Have been following them since wide(r) angle...thats 8
                            years now. A hope to witness them doing any kinda set
                            to which i wud be attending was pushed aside as a
                            'mere HOPE'.

                            The time ive been interning in Oregon last year, they
                            came in for a DJ set at Element, Seattle. It was my
                            pleasure to have made it to that set.... that evening
                            was one of its kind. There was a point of time then,
                            that i began to believe that not all of the incredible
                            things in this world are impossible.. !

                            The time I've gotten back to school in NY, they did a
                            set in DC, wch I cud attend too.

                            Now wen i got to work and settle in the bay... these
                            guys surprise me with a LIVE set in Sfo.

                            I bet it just cant get any better !!

                            I was curious if there is a place online which has the
                            time, directions and admission procedures to the venue
                            and the other good stuff related to their gigs? I did
                            not find quite much info on hybridsoundsystem

                            any leads?

                            Thanks,
                            Rajiv

                            --- zem_the_mattress <Zem_the_mattress@...>