Re: [Hybrid] Some new Hybrid Live dates..

  • Carolyn Suzanne Pfaff
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 16, 2007
      the boys will be playing ultra this year on saturday, march 24th, not
      the 22nd. for all you lucky people that are going to both days, tom is playing friday night around 7 pm, opening for the cure. sure going to be a show not to be missed, all new music (even though the set is for a half hour). you lucky birds, i'll be here in l.a. working on my thesis project which is due the following week. only good thing is that once i present that, i'm done for the rest of my life! then i can go and do whatever i want, whenever i want!!! at least, i'm hoping for that. you all have fun, i'm still waiting to see the new hybrid live show. i
      totally missed it at coachella last year. : (

      love

      On Feb 16, 2007, at 11:16 AM, chrismix50 wrote:
      Ruby Skye (San Fran., CA) - March 8
      Gothic Theatre (Denver, CO)- March 14
      9:30 Club (Washington DC) - March 15
      The Depot (Y4K Launch Party\Hybrid Live) (London, UK)- March 19
      Ultra Music Festival (Miami, FL) - March 22

      Looks like Hybrid is going to have a busy month.
    • chrismix50

          Message 4 of 16 , Feb 16, 2007
            this show was just added

            Vizion 1 Presents HYBRID (LIVE) @ House of Blues 3/18/07
            Body: Vizion 1 Proudly Presents :

            Hybrid (Live)
            Sunday March 18, 2K7
            House of Blues (orlando)

            This will be an early show, do not miss out on this exclusive and rare live performance from Hybrid! This will be one of the last times to catch them live for a long time...

            More details coming soon..

            Message 5 of 16 , Feb 17, 2007
              Yep Ruby Skye is live...although it seems these days they have two
              types of live events too.

              From what I hear Ruby Skye will have less people than some of the
              dates leading up to Ultra...

              Maeby no Peter or something like that..not 100% sure though so don't
              take my word on it.

              Message 6 of 16 , Feb 17, 2007
                Scratch "the Depot"...I'm an idiot for posting things without sleep.

                Sorry all.

                --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "chrismix50" <richlea@...> wrote:

                > Ruby Skye (San Fran., CA) - March 8
                > Gothic Theatre (Denver, CO)- March 14
                > 9:30 Club (Washington DC) - March 15
                > The Depot (Y4K Launch Party\Hybrid Live) (London, UK)- March 19
                > Ultra Music Festival (Miami, FL) - March 22
                >
                > Looks like Hybrid is going to have a busy month.

              • Georgy
                Message 7 of 16 , Feb 17, 2007
                  As much as I liked them when I was young, sure I'd be pissed if I go
                  to an electronic festival and FatBob and co showed up to perform...

                  On 2/16/07, Carolyn Suzanne Pfaff <sweetcarolyn@...> wrote:
                  > the boys will be playing ultra this year on saturday, march 24th, not
                  > the 22nd. for all you lucky people that are going to both days, tom is playing friday night around 7 pm, opening for the cure. sure going to be a show not to be missed, all new music (even though the set is for a half hour). you lucky birds, i'll be here in l.a. working on my thesis project which is due the following week. only good thing is that once i present that, i'm done for the rest of my life! then i can go and do whatever i want, whenever i want!!! at least, i'm hoping for that. you all have fun, i'm still waiting to see the new hybrid live show. i
                  > totally missed it at coachella last year. : (
                  >
                  > love
                • RICHARD LUND
                  Message 8 of 16 , Feb 17, 2007
                    I thought Hybrid were playing Ultra on the 24th not the 22nd ..

                    Ultra isnt even going on the 22nd ... its the 23rd & 24th

                    RICK

                    >From: "Eric Chu" <chufucious@...>
                    >To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com
                    >Subject: [Hybrid] Re: Some new Hybrid Live dates..
                    >Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 10:46:27 -0800
                    >
                    >These are confirmed? These are also *live*, right, meaning, full band and
                    >whatnot? If so, I'm making it to the Ruby Skye performance!
                    >

                    >On 2/16/07, chrismix50 <richlea@...> wrote:
                    >Ruby Skye (San Fran., CA) - March 8
                    >Gothic Theatre (Denver, CO)- March 14
                    >9:30 Club (Washington DC) - March 15
                    >The Depot (Y4K Launch Party\Hybrid Live) (London, UK)- March 19
                    >Ultra Music Festival (Miami, FL) - March 22
                    >
                    >Looks like Hybrid is going to have a busy month.
                  • Drew Ressler
                    Message 9 of 16 , Feb 17, 2007
                      Hybrid is Live @ Avalon on March 10, last I heard from them. Hasn't been
                      announced yet though. Would make sense considering Ruby Skye is the 8th :)

                      Thanks

                      Drew Ressler
                      http://www.rukes.com/
                    • Carolyn Suzanne Pfaff
                      Message 10 of 16 , Feb 18, 2007
                        sweeeeeeet!

                        On Feb 17, 2007, at 5:11 PM, Drew Ressler wrote:

                        > Hybrid is Live @ Avalon on March 10, last I heard from them. Hasn't
                        > been
                        > announced yet though. Would make sense considering Ruby Skye is the
                        > 8th :)
                        >
                        > Thanks
                        >
                        > Drew Ressler
                        > http://www.rukes.com/

                      • zem_the_mattress
                        Message 11 of 16 , Feb 18, 2007
                          --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "chrismix50" <richlea@...> wrote:

                          > Ruby Skye (San Fran., CA) - March 8
                          > Gothic Theatre (Denver, CO)- March 14
                          > 9:30 Club (Washington DC) - March 15
                          > The Depot (Y4K Launch Party\Hybrid Live) (London, UK)- March 19
                          > Ultra Music Festival (Miami, FL) - March 22
                          >
                          > Looks like Hybrid is going to have a busy month.

                          Woot!

                          SF is getting some love again!! If anyone is coming from out of
                          town, feel free to hit me up for any logistical details/questions.

                          Enthuse for Hybrid ;-p

                          Dave
                        • Trisram Dawahoo
                          Message 12 of 16 , Feb 19, 2007
                            aww, man. My joy dashed...

                            I was gonna question this 19th March @ the depot

                            It would have meant it was exactly the same date (and venue) as when they
                            did the Morning Sci-Fi live shows. That one being a 'secret' gig I recall.
                            Would have been cool if that was the intention.

                            I was hoping that they'd be doing a London show at some point though. So
                            whats the deal with that??? Maybe after the US shows?

                            tris

                            RE: Scores CD - as this is a business use CD, does this mean the price will
                            be business-like i.e. �hundreds??
                          • Peter Chapman
                            Message 13 of 16 , Feb 19, 2007
                              So no London live gig? Darn! I was looking forward to that, even if it was
                              on a Monday night! Last time talked to Mike he said they would be playing
                              live in Fabric some time in March so I thought the depot had maybe replaced
                              that. Oh well, I'll keep my fingers crossed they'll manage to do something
                              at they just haven't got a venue sorted yet.
                            • dcraig@nmt.edu
                              Message 14 of 16 , Feb 19, 2007
                                Carolyn, is the new stuff you're referring to the music Tom worked on for
                                that new SSX game or is it different from that?

                                Dan
                              • Carolyn Suzanne Pfaff
                                Message 15 of 16 , Feb 20, 2007
                                  no, tom probably wont be playing that stuff out except for at industry parties, like tomorrow in quebec for the opening of that video game. this myspace account just befriended me, i'm not sure who runs it, but they put up some of my favorite songs off the new ssx videogame. check it out!
                                  www.myspace.com/ssxsoundtrack

                                  and it's available for download on itunes today. some of my favorite
                                  tracks are:
                                  dark territory
                                  a51
                                  eichenhof
                                  love park
                                  snow park nz

                                  the stuff tom should be playing starting at ultra this year is a couple new ep's, really fun and hyper songs, much more like a mix between his first two junkie xl albums. plus, a nice, amazing, new remix he surprised me with for valentine's day...
                                  so you're all in for a treat.
                                  love

                                  On Feb 19, 2007, at 10:54 AM, dcraig@... wrote:

                                  Carolyn, is the new stuff you're referring to the music Tom worked on
                                  for that new SSX game or is it different from that?

                                  Dan
                                • rajiv raja
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Feb 26, 2007
                                    wow.....

                                    is it them.., or is it just my luck ?!

                                    Have been following them since wide(r) angle...thats 8
                                    years now. A hope to witness them doing any kinda set
                                    to which i wud be attending was pushed aside as a
                                    'mere HOPE'.

                                    The time ive been interning in Oregon last year, they
                                    came in for a DJ set at Element, Seattle. It was my
                                    pleasure to have made it to that set.... that evening
                                    was one of its kind. There was a point of time then,
                                    that i began to believe that not all of the incredible
                                    things in this world are impossible.. !

                                    The time I've gotten back to school in NY, they did a
                                    set in DC, wch I cud attend too.

                                    Now wen i got to work and settle in the bay... these
                                    guys surprise me with a LIVE set in Sfo.

                                    I bet it just cant get any better !!

                                    I was curious if there is a place online which has the
                                    time, directions and admission procedures to the venue
                                    and the other good stuff related to their gigs? I did
                                    not find quite much info on hybridsoundsystem

                                    any leads?

                                    Thanks,
                                    Rajiv

                                    --- zem_the_mattress <Zem_the_mattress@...>