Re:Hybrid get everywhere!

  • Trisram Dawahoo
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 28, 2007
      Actually, believe it or not, I heard a snippet (15 secs ish) of Until
      Tomorrow used on Skating on Ice yesterday!

      Whilst I'm on here - does anyone know if its still possible to get hold of
      the Scores CD and how much it might cost? Technically I work in a media
      agency - so wondering what the chances of getting the holy grail of hybrid
      (got Symphony so need something else to get obsessive about buying).

      Peace!
      tris
    • garry faulkner
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 31, 2007
        i heard that on bbc 2 aswell. Was trying to get link between the track and 'nutrition' ? Maybe " i chews noise"?

        So sorry bout that!!
      • Gaz
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 5, 2007
          Yeah, aside from Top Gear i also caught 'i chose noise' on a radio 1
          trailer this weekend.....

          Methinks one of the BBC sound programmers is a bit of a Hybrid fan....:D
        • magnus@lorentz.net
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 6, 2007
            funny thing..

            remember Filter 'Take a picture' remix - stunning track.

            The lead singer is Richard Patrick..

            ..is the brother of Robert Patrick (T1000 - T2)

            like I said .. a tad funny for 2c..

            /Magnus

            _____

            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 6, 2007
              That would be the In new music we trust ad i'm guessing, been used for a
              while now, but i still have the urge to comment on it when i hear it!

              On a side note thats not really related, its nice to see the BBC using Sia's
              Breathe Me on one of the programme trailers (forgot what its for now though)
              ... a gorgeous emotional track that gets me every time.

              >From: "Gaz" <garethevans3381@...>
              >To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com
              >Subject: [Hybrid] Re: Hybrid get everywhere!
              >Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 15:57:13 -0000
              >
              >Yeah, aside from Top Gear i also caught 'i chose noise' on a radio 1
              >trailer this weekend.....
              >
              >Methinks one of the BBC sound programmers is a bit of a Hybrid fan....:D
            • Jonathan Gerler
              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 7, 2007
                Richard Patrick is now the lead singer for a band called Army of
                Anyone...(which also includes Rob and Dean Deleo of the Stone Temple
                Pilots)...

                They played a show at NClub in Greensboro NC a few weeks ago, my girlfriend
                and I actually got to meet him after the show. He was walking off the bus as
                we were walking to our car, perfect timing. Very cool, laid-back guy. Just
                got married. Gave us both a hug...HA!

                Another rock-star moment...*lurk mode re-engaged*

                JG
                http://www.myspace.com/djfmdotcom

                On 2/6/07 1:53 PM, "magnus@..." <magnus@...> wrote:

                > funny thing..
                >
                > remember Filter 'Take a picture' remix - stunning track.
                >
                > The lead singer is Richard Patrick..
                >
                > ..is the brother of Robert Patrick (T1000 - T2)
                >
                > like I said .. a tad funny for 2c..
                >
                > /Magnus

                > _____

              • Georgy
                Message 7 of 13 , Feb 8, 2007
                  Also, he was the touring guitarist for NIN in the early 90s.

                  On 2/6/07, magnus@... <magnus@...> wrote:
                  > funny thing..
                  >
                  > remember Filter 'Take a picture' remix - stunning track.
                  >
                  > The lead singer is Richard Patrick..
                  >
                  > ..is the brother of Robert Patrick (T1000 - T2)
                  >
                  > like I said .. a tad funny for 2c..
                  >
                  > /Magnus
                • chrismix50
                  Message 8 of 13 , Feb 15, 2007
                    Actually I think the Scores CD Vol. 1/2 would probably be the holy
                    grail...

                    Only one copy I've seen so far...but supposedly if you work in a media
                    outlet you might be able to get it directly from Distinctive.

                    Of course I don't know if they will give it to you for a personal
                    collection...but yeh.

                    -Chris

                    --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Trisram Dawahoo" <tris_d@...> wrote:
                    Actually, believe it or not, I heard a snippet (15 secs ish) of Until Tomorrow used on Skating on Ice yesterday!

                    Whilst I'm on here - does anyone know if its still possible to get
                    hold of the Scores CD and how much it might cost? Technically I work in a media agency - so wondering what the chances of getting the holy grail of hybrid (got Symphony so need something else to get obsessive about buying).

                    Peace!
                    tris
                  • Drew Ressler
                    Message 9 of 13 , Feb 17, 2007
                      Scores CD's aren't that hard to come by at all, actually. Record labels
                      always have tons of copies, the problem is most people who get them for
                      licensing purposes don't know about the fanbase for it, so they rarely hit
                      the public :)

                      Thanks

                      Drew Ressler
                      http://www.rukes.com/

                      Message 10 of 13 , Feb 26, 2007
                        Yet again Hybrid's music pops up as the bed during a UK TV
                        programme...and yet again it's one related to food!! This time
                        amusingly it was yesterday's Masterchef programme on BBC2.

                        Interestingly it was an oldie, too...'Altitude [Red Square Reprise]'

                        :)

                        Nick
                      • Paul Dixon
                        Message 11 of 13 , Feb 26, 2007
                          Woo! Another advert.

                          When are they going to stop teasing us and release all the new remixes
                          to buy?!!

                          At least I don't think there has been anything released since the album
                          in Sept 06
                          (not including the Dogstar vinyl released Nov 06).

                          Hi to all and thanks for keeping the list alive! :)