Hybrid get everywhere!

  • Nick Bower
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 25, 2007
      ...imagine my amazement when a snippet of 'I Choose Noise' got played
      on last night's BBC2 TV show 'The Truth About Food' - a program about
      nutrition!!!!

      What's next? 'Until Tomorrow' as the new theme tune to 'How Clean Is
      Your House'? lol!

      brilliant

      :D

      Nick
    • Trisram Dawahoo
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 28, 2007
        Actually, believe it or not, I heard a snippet (15 secs ish) of Until
        Tomorrow used on Skating on Ice yesterday!

        Whilst I'm on here - does anyone know if its still possible to get hold of
        the Scores CD and how much it might cost? Technically I work in a media
        agency - so wondering what the chances of getting the holy grail of hybrid
        (got Symphony so need something else to get obsessive about buying).

        Peace!
        tris
      • Simon Chilvers
        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 30, 2007
          On a similar note. There's a new sci-fi/furistic GTA style game out for the
          XBox 360 called "Crackdown". As with lots of 360 games a demo can be
          downloaded from what's called the "XBox Live Marketplace". One of the tracks
          on the demo (which can be heard if you cycle through the tracks you get
          while driving an agency vehicle) is "Higher than a skyscraper". Bit of an
          oldy now... but still nice to hear. Not sure if there are going to be any
          other Hybrid tracks in the retail release of the game, as there is some
          jargon on the exit screen to the demo saying that all tracks have been used
          with kind permission of their respective artists/record labels? So here's
          fingers crossed that more might make the final cut. Fairly decent game, good
          fun... with the added bonus of an invite to the Halo 3 multiplayer beta...
          "Nice"

          Si

          On 1/26/07, Nick Bower <nickbower2000@...> wrote:

          > ...imagine my amazement when a snippet of 'I Choose Noise' got played
          > on last night's BBC2 TV show 'The Truth About Food' - a program about
          > nutrition!!!!
          >
          > What's next? 'Until Tomorrow' as the new theme tune to 'How Clean Is
          > Your House'? lol!
          >
          > brilliant
          >
          > :D
          >
          > Nick

        • garry faulkner
          Message 4 of 13 , Jan 31, 2007
            i heard that on bbc 2 aswell. Was trying to get link between the track and 'nutrition' ? Maybe " i chews noise"?

            So sorry bout that!!
          • Gaz
            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 5, 2007
              Yeah, aside from Top Gear i also caught 'i chose noise' on a radio 1
              trailer this weekend.....

              Methinks one of the BBC sound programmers is a bit of a Hybrid fan....:D
            • magnus@lorentz.net
              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 6, 2007
                funny thing..

                remember Filter 'Take a picture' remix - stunning track.

                The lead singer is Richard Patrick..

                ..is the brother of Robert Patrick (T1000 - T2)

                like I said .. a tad funny for 2c..

                /Magnus

                _____

                Message 7 of 13 , Feb 6, 2007
                  That would be the In new music we trust ad i'm guessing, been used for a
                  while now, but i still have the urge to comment on it when i hear it!

                  On a side note thats not really related, its nice to see the BBC using Sia's
                  Breathe Me on one of the programme trailers (forgot what its for now though)
                  ... a gorgeous emotional track that gets me every time.

                  >From: "Gaz" <garethevans3381@...>
                  >To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com
                  >Subject: [Hybrid] Re: Hybrid get everywhere!
                  >Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 15:57:13 -0000
                  >
                  >Yeah, aside from Top Gear i also caught 'i chose noise' on a radio 1
                  >trailer this weekend.....
                  >
                  >Methinks one of the BBC sound programmers is a bit of a Hybrid fan....:D
                • Jonathan Gerler
                  Message 8 of 13 , Feb 7, 2007
                    Richard Patrick is now the lead singer for a band called Army of
                    Anyone...(which also includes Rob and Dean Deleo of the Stone Temple
                    Pilots)...

                    They played a show at NClub in Greensboro NC a few weeks ago, my girlfriend
                    and I actually got to meet him after the show. He was walking off the bus as
                    we were walking to our car, perfect timing. Very cool, laid-back guy. Just
                    got married. Gave us both a hug...HA!

                    Another rock-star moment...*lurk mode re-engaged*

                    JG
                    http://www.myspace.com/djfmdotcom

                    On 2/6/07 1:53 PM, "magnus@..." <magnus@...> wrote:

                    > funny thing..
                    >
                    > remember Filter 'Take a picture' remix - stunning track.
                    >
                    > The lead singer is Richard Patrick..
                    >
                    > ..is the brother of Robert Patrick (T1000 - T2)
                    >
                    > like I said .. a tad funny for 2c..
                    >
                    > /Magnus

                    > _____

                  • Georgy
                    Message 9 of 13 , Feb 8, 2007
                      Also, he was the touring guitarist for NIN in the early 90s.

                      On 2/6/07, magnus@... <magnus@...> wrote:
                      > funny thing..
                      >
                      > remember Filter 'Take a picture' remix - stunning track.
                      >
                      > The lead singer is Richard Patrick..
                      >
                      > ..is the brother of Robert Patrick (T1000 - T2)
                      >
                      > like I said .. a tad funny for 2c..
                      >
                      > /Magnus
                    • chrismix50
                      Message 10 of 13 , Feb 15, 2007
                        Actually I think the Scores CD Vol. 1/2 would probably be the holy
                        grail...

                        Only one copy I've seen so far...but supposedly if you work in a media
                        outlet you might be able to get it directly from Distinctive.

                        Of course I don't know if they will give it to you for a personal
                        collection...but yeh.

                        -Chris

                        --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Trisram Dawahoo" <tris_d@...> wrote:
                        Actually, believe it or not, I heard a snippet (15 secs ish) of Until Tomorrow used on Skating on Ice yesterday!

                        Whilst I'm on here - does anyone know if its still possible to get
                        hold of the Scores CD and how much it might cost? Technically I work in a media agency - so wondering what the chances of getting the holy grail of hybrid (got Symphony so need something else to get obsessive about buying).

                        Peace!
                        tris
                      • Drew Ressler
                        Message 11 of 13 , Feb 17, 2007
                          Scores CD's aren't that hard to come by at all, actually. Record labels
                          always have tons of copies, the problem is most people who get them for
                          licensing purposes don't know about the fanbase for it, so they rarely hit
                          the public :)

                          Thanks

                          Drew Ressler
                          http://www.rukes.com/

                          Message 12 of 13 , Feb 26, 2007
                            Yet again Hybrid's music pops up as the bed during a UK TV
                            programme...and yet again it's one related to food!! This time
                            amusingly it was yesterday's Masterchef programme on BBC2.

                            Interestingly it was an oldie, too...'Altitude [Red Square Reprise]'

                            :)

                            Nick
                          • Paul Dixon
                            Message 13 of 13 , Feb 26, 2007
                              Woo! Another advert.

                              When are they going to stop teasing us and release all the new remixes
                              to buy?!!

                              At least I don't think there has been anything released since the album
                              in Sept 06
                              (not including the Dogstar vinyl released Nov 06).

                              Hi to all and thanks for keeping the list alive! :)