RE: [Hybrid] Tracks of the Year

  • Dan Smith
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 23, 2007
      Great list, can I ask where you got hold of Atomic Hooligan- the remix
      EP?

      I've been after that for ages!

      Check out the hybrid remix of future funk squad's towards the sun... it's quality as usual.

      From: renegadesoundwaves

      My favs for the year are (no particular order)
      01. General Midi Never gonna stop the show (WOW Mix)track
      02. Dylan Rhymes - Superstar (elite force mix)track
      03. Pankaj - Together track
      04. Roger Sanchez - Lost EP ( love the singers voice)
      05. The Love Rats - Your Women EP (great lyrics)
      06. Atomic Hooligan - The Remixes EP (blim remix is just an awesome
      track)
      07. Lexi - Come on EP (DOwnright dirty and Lexi has a voice that can
      pull it off)
      08. Santos - Home sweet Home LP (This was his year_
      09. Soul Revenger-CLose your mind 2nd track, Samples Chocalate Icecream
      10. Dopamine - Outside the box EP. Pwowerful
      11. The Flash Brothers House of FLash LP (an excellent house album,
      the first 25 minutes are classic)
      12. 2 Bit Pie LP(The boys from fluke still know how to write and play)
      13. Otur - Pepperbox Hill LP (More electronic than house through my
      veins is the stand-out track)
      14. X-Press 2 Makeshift Feelgood LP (1st song sounds like a kenny
      roger song. Makes for an interesting and entertaining album.
      15. Beckers - Switch Mixes EP (In your face progressive)
      16. Charlotte Church - Call my Name (Steve Mac classic mix piano
      track)(If you like piano this is your song of the year)
      17. Jinx - the tonk ep (in your face)
      18, Miami Ice - Better than perfect ep (just a beautiful song based
      on Miami VIce but better the vocals are hypnotic)
      19. Misfilter vs INfluenza - Want it all ep (In your face don't come
      any better than this)
      20. Def Inc 50K ep (Surprise not to see this one on anyones list.
      Sounds like Hybrid in one of their progressive moods)
      21. SI Begg - Noodles ep (Si begg keeps coming out with strange but
      very good music that breaks new gound.
      22. Phil Barry - Make a Move ep 2nd track Cause and Effect (skip the
      first track go to Cause and Effect play loud enjoy)
      23. Peace Division - CLub Therapy track Ep (the lyrics are so true)
      24. Peace Division - Blacklight Sleeze track ep ( I read somewhere
      that a 45 year old women (a poet) did the lyrics. Very sad but true.
      25. Rasmus Faber feat Melo - Get over miami redits. ep (great regtime
      piano)
      26. Benny Benassi - Whos your Daddy ep video edit track (the video is
      good along with the song pure sex)
      27. Madonna - I Love NY (Thin White Duke Mix)track. JLC has a talent
      for mixing and turns a mundane song into a viberant danceable hard
      sounding song.
      28. Overklash - Take your hands off me track. Great Lyrics just like
      the title
      29. Slacker - Let me stay 3rd track on ep. Mindbending bass, a
      classic groove makes this one a dancefloor burner.
      30. Hybrid - Sleepwalking - snother Hybrid classic.

      Sorry neither Hybrid or BT LPs made the list, these above selections
      have a lot more heart in their songs, something lacking in the Hybrid
      and BT LPs which both seem to drone on forever.(my opinion) Nothing
      new that I have not heard before, just wish these two would play more
      progressive music instead of this laid-back crap. I found a studio
      version of sleepwalking (Track 15) which is the best song by Hybrid
      since From a Distance. Sleepwalking should have been on the album
      along with other in your face progressive tunes. But all the above 30
      are progressive, have a lot of soul and the mixing and sound
      production is excellent. There is so much good music out there. 2006
      was a bumper crop this year.
    • Drew Ressler
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 23, 2007
        It's on beatport.com

        Thanks

        Drew Ressler
        http://www.rukes.com/

        From: renegadesoundwaves

[...]

      • renegadesoundwaves
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 23, 2007
          --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Dan Smith" <Dan.smith@...> wrote:

          > Great list, can I ask where you got hold of Atomic Hooligan- the
          remix
          > EP?
          atomic hooligan - the remixes - EP - CDR - came out as a promo CD
          with catalog number BOS2025 released around September 7 2006. Also
          contains mixes by Aquasky, Ills, and AH. It's worth trying to find
          it, a really good ep. I found it at Atomic Hooligan-the Remixes 2006
          Uk, Botchit & Scarper, 024 Bos2cd CD 17.63 JAN 1 at Reckless
          Records in the UK. They have one additional copy. I would email them
          to make sure the dreaming song mixed by blim is on that copy. Because
          there is another mix ep with only two songs on that one missing blim.
          That is the song you will enjoy the most, better than ills version

          > I've been after that for ages!
          >

          > Check out the hybrid remix of future funk squad's towards the
          sun... it's quality as usual.

          I tried to get into that song but the vocals sounded too commercial.