Re: Albums and Tracks of the Year

  • Diana Crumbie
    Message 1 of 17 , Dec 16, 2006
      Its been a really good year for music this year. My absolute
      favourites of the year are:

      I choose Noise
      Trentemoller - The last resort
      Helios - Eingya
      Squarepusher - Hello everything
      Breakage - This too shall pass
      Thom Yorke - The eraser
      Dousk - DIY
      Zero 7 - The garden

      :)

      --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "andyrober" <andyrober@...> wrote:

      > Apart from ICN and Hybrid tracks, Shiloh - Bleed and UNKLE - Self
      > Defence box set for me.
      >
      > Andy

    • hybrid_junkie
      Message 2 of 17 , Dec 19, 2006
        Would have to agree with everyone, it has been a particularly good
        year for music.

        Best album of the year for me was obviously 'I Choose Noise' but a
        close second was an album by a band called Union of Knives
        called 'Violence and Birdsong' which is superb - good beats, good
        vocals, some Peter Hook style bass and even some strings chucked in
        for good measure!

        And the highlight of the year was catching Hybrid live at the
        Warehouse Project - best performance i've seen by Hybrid and a quality
        venue.
      • renegadesoundwaves
        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 22, 2007
          My favs for the year are (no particular order)
          01. General Midi Never gonna stop the show (WOW Mix)track
          02. Dylan Rhymes - Superstar (elite force mix)track
          03. Pankaj - Together track
          04. Roger Sanchez - Lost EP ( love the singers voice)
          05. The Love Rats - Your Women EP (great lyrics)
          06. Atomic Hooligan - The Remixes EP (blim remix is just an awesome
          track)
          07. Lexi - Come on EP (DOwnright dirty and Lexi has a voice that can
          pull it off)
          08. Santos - Home sweet Home LP (This was his year_
          09. Soul Revenger-CLose your mind 2nd track, Samples Chocalate Icecream
          10. Dopamine - Outside the box EP. Pwowerful
          11. The Flash Brothers House of FLash LP (an excellent house album,
          the first 25 minutes are classic)
          12. 2 Bit Pie LP(The boys from fluke still know how to write and play)
          13. Otur - Pepperbox Hill LP (More electronic than house through my
          veins is the stand-out track)
          14. X-Press 2 Makeshift Feelgood LP (1st song sounds like a kenny
          roger song. Makes for an interesting and entertaining album.
          15. Beckers - Switch Mixes EP (In your face progressive)
          16. Charlotte Church - Call my Name (Steve Mac classic mix piano
          track)(If you like piano this is your song of the year)
          17. Jinx - the tonk ep (in your face)
          18, Miami Ice - Better than perfect ep (just a beautiful song based
          on Miami VIce but better the vocals are hypnotic)
          19. Misfilter vs INfluenza - Want it all ep (In your face don't come
          any better than this)
          20. Def Inc 50K ep (Surprise not to see this one on anyones list.
          Sounds like Hybrid in one of their progressive moods)
          21. SI Begg - Noodles ep (Si begg keeps coming out with strange but
          very good music that breaks new gound.
          22. Phil Barry - Make a Move ep 2nd track Cause and Effect (skip the
          first track go to Cause and Effect play loud enjoy)
          23. Peace Division - CLub Therapy track Ep (the lyrics are so true)
          24. Peace Division - Blacklight Sleeze track ep ( I read somewhere
          that a 45 year old women (a poet) did the lyrics. Very sad but true.
          25. Rasmus Faber feat Melo - Get over miami redits. ep (great regtime
          piano)
          26. Benny Benassi - Whos your Daddy ep video edit track (the video is
          good along with the song pure sex)
          27. Madonna - I Love NY (Thin White Duke Mix)track. JLC has a talent
          for mixing and turns a mundane song into a viberant danceable hard
          sounding song.
          28. Overklash - Take your hands off me track. Great Lyrics just like
          the title
          29. Slacker - Let me stay 3rd track on ep. Mindbending bass, a
          classic groove makes this one a dancefloor burner.
          30. Hybrid - Sleepwalking - snother Hybrid classic.

          Sorry neither Hybrid or BT LPs made the list, these above selections
          have a lot more heart in their songs, something lacking in the Hybrid
          and BT LPs which both seem to drone on forever.(my opinion) Nothing
          new that I have not heard before, just wish these two would play more
          progressive music instead of this laid-back crap. I found a studio
          version of sleepwalking (Track 15) which is the best song by Hybrid
          since From a Distance. Sleepwalking should have been on the album
          along with other in your face progressive tunes. But all the above 30
          are progressive, have a lot of soul and the mixing and sound
          production is excellent. There is so much good music out there. 2006
          was a bumper crop this year.
        • Peter Chapman
          Message 4 of 17 , Jan 25, 2007
            You can get the remixes (inc Blim remix of Dreaming) from
            http://www.4gmusic.net which is linked to by the boys site. £4.49 + £2
            postage is pretty good value. I'm having credit card issues on the site at
            the moment but will try again later.
          • rednairb
            Message 5 of 17 , Jan 28, 2007
              Probably my favourite album of last year was helios' eingya. Glad
              someone else heard it.