Re: [Hybrid] Hybrid Live @ Warehouse Project - Drummer?

  • Nick Bower
    Message 1 of 19 , Dec 5, 2006
      Yes he does.

      Al's an amazing talented drummer (and an extremely funny guy to
      boot). I'm still laughing about some of the things said on Friday,
      even now. You may or may not know that in the past he's recorded with
      Bob Mellor under the guise 'Frakkar'? It's good stuff too - with an
      obvious Hybrid influence.

      Overall the gig was superb - one of the best I've ever seen/heard. It
      was great to catch up with everyone I met or bumped into off the list
      and I'm glad you all enjoyed it!

      :)

      Nick

      --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, Jonathan Gerler <djfm@...> wrote:

      > Quick question: does Hybrid still perform with a live drummer these
      days? Is
      > it Alex? Someone else? What has been up to lately...?
      >
      > *Lurk mode re-engaged* :)
      >
      > Jon G
      > http://www.djfm.com
      > http://www.myspace.com/djfmdotcom

    • Peter Chapman
      Message 2 of 19 , Dec 5, 2006
        I'm massively jealous, had it not had a wedding to go to I would have been
        there with Bells on. I'm still hoping they might find some time to do a live
        gig in London, the next one in the UK is Exeter I think which is a bit far
        away but I'm still considering it. Really want to hear some Just for Today
        and Until Tomorrow live and of course everything else but those two in
        paticular I can imagine being absolutely insane.

        Finally anyone get a chance to have a word with them? Any sign of RAAPB 2?

        Pete.
      • hybridesquev2
        Message 3 of 19 , Dec 5, 2006
          I did get to speak to Mike briefly on Friday Night but didn't mention
          anything about that sort of thing.. I guess we'll find out in due
          course if there is anoything of the sort

          Jitesh.
          "IT'S COMPLETELY SPHERICAL!"

          --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Chapman" <peter1.chapman@...>
          wrote:

          > I'm massively jealous, had it not had a wedding to go to I would have
          been
          > there with Bells on. I'm still hoping they might find some time to do
          a live
          > gig in London, the next one in the UK is Exeter I think which is a
          bit far
          > away but I'm still considering it. Really want to hear some Just for
          Today
          > and Until Tomorrow live and of course everything else but those two in
          > paticular I can imagine being absolutely insane.
          >
          > Finally anyone get a chance to have a word with them? Any sign of
          RAAPB 2?

          > Pete.

        • Richard Wilson
          Message 4 of 19 , Dec 5, 2006
            --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Hybridesque ..." <hybridesque@...>
            wrote:

            > I didn't see Kiri or Di there, but I wouldn't be surprised if you
            were at
            > the right hand side at the front railing (I was left/middle at the
            front).
            > I did meet some other geezers there, one with a blue or green Hybrid
            t-shirt
            > and a fellow with a grey t-shirt with "WE ARE IN CONTROL" on it. If
            you
            > guys are on the list.. please say hi! Same goes for that guy from
            Toronto,
            > Ontario, Canada.

            > Jitesh.
            > "It's completely spherical!!!!"

            That'll be me with the (natural cotton colour that is quite washed
            out) 'control' t-shirt. It's one of two I made up at the tail end of
            2003, and it's the first live gig I've managed to wear it to. :) One
            of my mates who came with has the other one.

            What a superb night, great armosphere in those warehouses (it all
            threw me a bit when we first arrived though).
            The tracks were superb and the performance made everything else there
            seem really quite boring. :D

            And to top it all we got a train back at 3:41 and sat in a pleasant
            warm station. Now you don't get that in London (cue memories of
            walking from Fabric to Baker Street at 4 in the morning. Brr.)

            Cheers

            Rick
          • garethevans3381
            Message 5 of 19 , Dec 5, 2006
              Yes, thoroughly enjoyable night. Rocked it!

              Cant wait to see them DJ down my neck of the woods (wrexham) on the
              15th dec!
            • RICHARD LUND
              Message 6 of 19 , Dec 5, 2006
                Any particualr track you may suggest ??

                RICK

                >From: "Nick Bower" <nickbower2000@...>
                >To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com
                >Subject: Re: [Hybrid] Hybrid Live @ Warehouse Project - Drummer?
                >Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 12:38:07 -0000
                >
                >Yes he does.
                >
                >Al's an amazing talented drummer (and an extremely funny guy to
                >boot). I'm still laughing about some of the things said on Friday,
                >even now. You may or may not know that in the past he's recorded with
                >Bob Mellor under the guise 'Frakkar'? It's good stuff too - with an
                >obvious Hybrid influence.
                >
                >Overall the gig was superb - one of the best I've ever seen/heard. It
                >was great to catch up with everyone I met or bumped into off the list
                >and I'm glad you all enjoyed it!
                >
                >:)
                >
                >Nick
                >
                >--- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, Jonathan Gerler <djfm@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > Quick question: does Hybrid still perform with a live drummer these
                >days? Is
                > > it Alex? Someone else? What has been up to lately...?
                > >
                > > *Lurk mode re-engaged* :)
                > >
                > > Jon G
                > > http://www.djfm.com
                > > http://www.myspace.com/djfmdotcom

              • Andy P
                Message 7 of 19 , Dec 6, 2006
                  Hey,

                  Yeah, that guy from Toronto, Canada, that was me. That was hands down the
                  best show I've ever been to in my life...You may not realize it, but I'm
                  hard pressed to get any Hybrid action over here. I've seen Mike spin twice,
                  which was great, but just pales in comparison to them blasting their own
                  shit... And Finished Symphony...the 20+hours travel time when all was said
                  and done was totally worth it for that alone. I've been waiting 5 years to
                  hear that track live. I also managed to lose myself in a good few record
                  stores over there....all said and done a great trip.

                  You guys had better realize how lucky you are to have a talent like Hybrid
                  rocking locally... ;)

                  >If you
                  >guys are on the list.. please say hi! Same goes for that guy from Toronto,
                  >Ontario, Canada.
                • Nick Bower
                  Message 8 of 19 , Dec 7, 2006
                    Have a listen to 'Slide' or 'Push'.