Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.
 

Re: Hybrid Live @ Warehouse Project

Expand Messages
  • hybridesquev2
    Somebody barged me backwards during the gig, a girl and a guy.. but might not have been the same girl that tried to push you Ally. Shame I didn t get to say
    Message 1 of 19 , Dec 5, 2006
      Somebody barged me backwards during the gig, a girl and a guy.. but
      might not have been the same girl that tried to push you Ally. Shame
      I didn't get to say hi to you Kiri/Di, maybe next time.

      I've still got such a big grin on my face.. widened more so because
      I'm listening to Radio 1's Live Lounge album.. some really cool stuff
      on that.

      Jitesh.
      "IT'S COMPLETELY SPHERICAL!"
      --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "ally @ hybrid-group.com" <ally@...>
      wrote:
      >
      > It was a fab night...really enjoyed it. Always good to spend a bit
      of
      > quality time with people that I care about :) Nice to see a few
      peeps
      > in the crowd that recognised me in my sparkly hybrid top.
      Anthony...I
      > think I saw you in your green top! Kiri...you must have been about
      5 or 6 people away from me, but I didn't spot you.
      >
      > Is the mad gal that tried to push me out of the front row on this
      > list? If she is...I'd just like to say "nice try, but no banana".
      > F**king loony. Do you know who I think I am? ;-)
      >
      > Lovely to hear the whole crowd singing Until Tomorrow. I still
      haven't
      > found my voice after loosing it while singing along to Just For
      Today.
      >
      > Ally
      >
      > http://www.myspace.com/funkedupcat
      > http://www.hybrid-group.com
      >
    • Nick Bower
      Yes he does. Al s an amazing talented drummer (and an extremely funny guy to boot). I m still laughing about some of the things said on Friday, even now. You
      Message 2 of 19 , Dec 5, 2006
        Yes he does.

        Al's an amazing talented drummer (and an extremely funny guy to
        boot). I'm still laughing about some of the things said on Friday,
        even now. You may or may not know that in the past he's recorded with
        Bob Mellor under the guise 'Frakkar'? It's good stuff too - with an
        obvious Hybrid influence.

        Overall the gig was superb - one of the best I've ever seen/heard. It
        was great to catch up with everyone I met or bumped into off the list
        and I'm glad you all enjoyed it!

        :)

        Nick

        --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, Jonathan Gerler <djfm@...> wrote:
        >
        > Quick question: does Hybrid still perform with a live drummer these
        days? Is
        > it Alex? Someone else? What has been up to lately...?
        >
        > *Lurk mode re-engaged* :)
        >
        > Jon G
        > http://www.djfm.com
        > http://www.myspace.com/djfmdotcom
        >
      • Peter Chapman
        I m massively jealous, had it not had a wedding to go to I would have been there with Bells on. I m still hoping they might find some time to do a live gig in
        Message 3 of 19 , Dec 5, 2006
          I'm massively jealous, had it not had a wedding to go to I would have been
          there with Bells on. I'm still hoping they might find some time to do a live
          gig in London, the next one in the UK is Exeter I think which is a bit far
          away but I'm still considering it. Really want to hear some Just for Today
          and Until Tomorrow live and of course everything else but those two in
          paticular I can imagine being absolutely insane.

          Finally anyone get a chance to have a word with them? Any sign of RAAPB 2?

          Pete.
        • hybridesquev2
          I did get to speak to Mike briefly on Friday Night but didn t mention anything about that sort of thing.. I guess we ll find out in due course if there is
          Message 4 of 19 , Dec 5, 2006
            I did get to speak to Mike briefly on Friday Night but didn't mention
            anything about that sort of thing.. I guess we'll find out in due
            course if there is anoything of the sort

            Jitesh.
            "IT'S COMPLETELY SPHERICAL!"

            --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Chapman" <peter1.chapman@...>
            wrote:
            >
            > I'm massively jealous, had it not had a wedding to go to I would have
            been
            > there with Bells on. I'm still hoping they might find some time to do
            a live
            > gig in London, the next one in the UK is Exeter I think which is a
            bit far
            > away but I'm still considering it. Really want to hear some Just for
            Today
            > and Until Tomorrow live and of course everything else but those two in
            > paticular I can imagine being absolutely insane.
            >
            > Finally anyone get a chance to have a word with them? Any sign of
            RAAPB 2?
            >
            > Pete.
            >
          • Richard Wilson
            ... were at ... front). ... t-shirt ... you ... Toronto, ... That ll be me with the (natural cotton colour that is quite washed out) control t-shirt. It s
            Message 5 of 19 , Dec 5, 2006
              --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Hybridesque ..." <hybridesque@...>
              wrote:

              > I didn't see Kiri or Di there, but I wouldn't be surprised if you
              were at
              > the right hand side at the front railing (I was left/middle at the
              front).
              > I did meet some other geezers there, one with a blue or green Hybrid
              t-shirt
              > and a fellow with a grey t-shirt with "WE ARE IN CONTROL" on it. If
              you
              > guys are on the list.. please say hi! Same goes for that guy from
              Toronto,
              > Ontario, Canada.

              > Jitesh.
              > "It's completely spherical!!!!"
              >


              That'll be me with the (natural cotton colour that is quite washed
              out) 'control' t-shirt. It's one of two I made up at the tail end of
              2003, and it's the first live gig I've managed to wear it to. :) One
              of my mates who came with has the other one.

              What a superb night, great armosphere in those warehouses (it all
              threw me a bit when we first arrived though).
              The tracks were superb and the performance made everything else there
              seem really quite boring. :D

              And to top it all we got a train back at 3:41 and sat in a pleasant
              warm station. Now you don't get that in London (cue memories of
              walking from Fabric to Baker Street at 4 in the morning. Brr.)

              Cheers

              Rick
            • garethevans3381
              Yes, thoroughly enjoyable night. Rocked it! Cant wait to see them DJ down my neck of the woods (wrexham) on the 15th dec!
              Message 6 of 19 , Dec 5, 2006
                Yes, thoroughly enjoyable night. Rocked it!

                Cant wait to see them DJ down my neck of the woods (wrexham) on the
                15th dec!
              • RICHARD LUND
                Any particualr track you may suggest ?? RICK
                Message 7 of 19 , Dec 5, 2006
                  Any particualr track you may suggest ??

                  RICK


                  >From: "Nick Bower" <nickbower2000@...>
                  >Reply-To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com
                  >To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com
                  >Subject: Re: [Hybrid] Hybrid Live @ Warehouse Project - Drummer?
                  >Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 12:38:07 -0000
                  >
                  >Yes he does.
                  >
                  >Al's an amazing talented drummer (and an extremely funny guy to
                  >boot). I'm still laughing about some of the things said on Friday,
                  >even now. You may or may not know that in the past he's recorded with
                  >Bob Mellor under the guise 'Frakkar'? It's good stuff too - with an
                  >obvious Hybrid influence.
                  >
                  >Overall the gig was superb - one of the best I've ever seen/heard. It
                  >was great to catch up with everyone I met or bumped into off the list
                  >and I'm glad you all enjoyed it!
                  >
                  >:)
                  >
                  >Nick
                  >
                  >--- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, Jonathan Gerler <djfm@...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Quick question: does Hybrid still perform with a live drummer these
                  >days? Is
                  > > it Alex? Someone else? What has been up to lately...?
                  > >
                  > > *Lurk mode re-engaged* :)
                  > >
                  > > Jon G
                  > > http://www.djfm.com
                  > > http://www.myspace.com/djfmdotcom
                  > >
                  >
                  >
                • Andy P
                  Hey, Yeah, that guy from Toronto, Canada, that was me. That was hands down the best show I ve ever been to in my life...You may not realize it, but I m hard
                  Message 8 of 19 , Dec 6, 2006
                    Hey,

                    Yeah, that guy from Toronto, Canada, that was me. That was hands down the
                    best show I've ever been to in my life...You may not realize it, but I'm
                    hard pressed to get any Hybrid action over here. I've seen Mike spin twice,
                    which was great, but just pales in comparison to them blasting their own
                    shit... And Finished Symphony...the 20+hours travel time when all was said
                    and done was totally worth it for that alone. I've been waiting 5 years to
                    hear that track live. I also managed to lose myself in a good few record
                    stores over there....all said and done a great trip.

                    You guys had better realize how lucky you are to have a talent like Hybrid
                    rocking locally... ;)


                    >If you
                    >guys are on the list.. please say hi! Same goes for that guy from Toronto,
                    >Ontario, Canada.
                  • Nick Bower
                    Have a listen to Slide or Push . Cheers Nick ... with ... It ... list ... these
                    Message 9 of 19 , Dec 7, 2006
                      Have a listen to 'Slide' or 'Push'.

                      Cheers

                      Nick

                      --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "RICHARD LUND" <_schwa_@...> wrote:
                      >
                      > Any particualr track you may suggest ??
                      >
                      > RICK
                      >
                      >
                      > >From: "Nick Bower" <nickbower2000@...>
                      > >Reply-To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com
                      > >To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com
                      > >Subject: Re: [Hybrid] Hybrid Live @ Warehouse Project - Drummer?
                      > >Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 12:38:07 -0000
                      > >
                      > >Yes he does.
                      > >
                      > >Al's an amazing talented drummer (and an extremely funny guy to
                      > >boot). I'm still laughing about some of the things said on Friday,
                      > >even now. You may or may not know that in the past he's recorded
                      with
                      > >Bob Mellor under the guise 'Frakkar'? It's good stuff too - with an
                      > >obvious Hybrid influence.
                      > >
                      > >Overall the gig was superb - one of the best I've ever seen/heard.
                      It
                      > >was great to catch up with everyone I met or bumped into off the
                      list
                      > >and I'm glad you all enjoyed it!
                      > >
                      > >:)
                      > >
                      > >Nick
                      > >
                      > >--- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, Jonathan Gerler <djfm@> wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > Quick question: does Hybrid still perform with a live drummer
                      these
                      > >days? Is
                      > > > it Alex? Someone else? What has been up to lately...?
                      > > >
                      > > > *Lurk mode re-engaged* :)
                      > > >
                      > > > Jon G
                      > > > http://www.djfm.com
                      > > > http://www.myspace.com/djfmdotcom
                      > > >
                      > >
                      > >
                      >
                    Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.