Re: [Hybrid] Hybrid Live @ Warehouse Project

  • Hybridesque ...
    Message 1 of 19 , Dec 5, 2006
      I didn't have any lol.. I was thinking about that last weekend.. but
      thankfully my ears seem okay right now.

      Jitesh.

      >From: Darrin Maunders <darrin@...>
      >To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: Re: [Hybrid] Hybrid Live @ Warehouse Project
      >Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 23:42:20 +0000
      >
      >I hope you wore ear protection.
      >
      >Hybridesque ... wrote:
      > >
      > > Wow wow wow.... this was mind blowing.. they really turned it up to 11
      > > (literally and descriptively). At least this time I managed to get
      > > through
      > > the night without damaging my glasses like I did at the live gig at
      > > Fabric
      > > back in 2003, much to the hilarity of some woman on the train the
      > > following
      > > morning when recounting the events to some cousins of mine the day after
      > > that Fabric gig.
      > >
      > > I didn't see Kiri or Di there, but I wouldn't be surprised if you were
      >at
      > > the right hand side at the front railing (I was left/middle at the
      > > front).
      > > I did meet some other geezers there, one with a blue or green Hybrid
      > > t-shirt
      > > and a fellow with a grey t-shirt with "WE ARE IN CONTROL" on it. If you
      > > guys are on the list.. please say hi! Same goes for that guy from
      > > Toronto,
      > > Ontario, Canada.
      > >
      > > It was great catching up with Ally & Nick, it's been several months,
      > > since
      > > Sheffield back in January.
      > >
      > > Well, what did they play?
      > >
      > > I might have got the track order mixed up but I heard:
      > >
      > > I Choose Noise
      > > Last Man Standing
      > > Kill City
      > > Choke
      > > Until Tomorrow
      > > Snyper
      > > Dreamstalker
      > > Finished Symphony
      > > Just For Today
      > >
      > > The crowd went absolutely ballistic when John Graham came on stage, and
      > > doubly so when Until Tomorrow started and everyone was singing/shouting
      > > along with Quivver as he did vocals. I was absolutely ecstatic when I
      >got
      > > to hear Snyper live.. After Dreamstalker, they were shouting "ONE MORE
      > > TUNE!!!" and they gave us two more.. fantastic!
      > >
      > > I've still got a massive grin on my face this morning... Happy days!!!
      > >
      > > Jitesh.
      > > "It's completely spherical!!!!"

      Find Singles In Your Area Now With Match.com! msnuk.match.com
    • hybridesquev2
      Message 2 of 19 , Dec 5, 2006
        Somebody barged me backwards during the gig, a girl and a guy.. but
        might not have been the same girl that tried to push you Ally. Shame
        I didn't get to say hi to you Kiri/Di, maybe next time.

        I've still got such a big grin on my face.. widened more so because
        I'm listening to Radio 1's Live Lounge album.. some really cool stuff
        on that.

        Jitesh.
        "IT'S COMPLETELY SPHERICAL!"
        --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "ally @ hybrid-group.com" <ally@...>
        wrote:

        > It was a fab night...really enjoyed it. Always good to spend a bit
        of
        > quality time with people that I care about :) Nice to see a few
        peeps
        > in the crowd that recognised me in my sparkly hybrid top.
        Anthony...I
        > think I saw you in your green top! Kiri...you must have been about
        5 or 6 people away from me, but I didn't spot you.

        > Is the mad gal that tried to push me out of the front row on this
        > list? If she is...I'd just like to say "nice try, but no banana".
        > F**king loony. Do you know who I think I am? ;-)
        >
        > Lovely to hear the whole crowd singing Until Tomorrow. I still
        haven't
        > found my voice after loosing it while singing along to Just For
        Today.

        > Ally
        >
        > http://www.myspace.com/funkedupcat
        > http://www.hybrid-group.com

      • Nick Bower
        Message 3 of 19 , Dec 5, 2006
          Yes he does.

          Al's an amazing talented drummer (and an extremely funny guy to
          boot). I'm still laughing about some of the things said on Friday,
          even now. You may or may not know that in the past he's recorded with
          Bob Mellor under the guise 'Frakkar'? It's good stuff too - with an
          obvious Hybrid influence.

          Overall the gig was superb - one of the best I've ever seen/heard. It
          was great to catch up with everyone I met or bumped into off the list
          and I'm glad you all enjoyed it!

          :)

          Nick

          --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, Jonathan Gerler <djfm@...> wrote:

          > Quick question: does Hybrid still perform with a live drummer these
          days? Is
          > it Alex? Someone else? What has been up to lately...?
          >
          > *Lurk mode re-engaged* :)
          >
          > Jon G
          > http://www.djfm.com
          > http://www.myspace.com/djfmdotcom

        • Peter Chapman
          Message 4 of 19 , Dec 5, 2006
            I'm massively jealous, had it not had a wedding to go to I would have been
            there with Bells on. I'm still hoping they might find some time to do a live
            gig in London, the next one in the UK is Exeter I think which is a bit far
            away but I'm still considering it. Really want to hear some Just for Today
            and Until Tomorrow live and of course everything else but those two in
            paticular I can imagine being absolutely insane.

            Finally anyone get a chance to have a word with them? Any sign of RAAPB 2?

            Pete.
          • hybridesquev2
            Message 5 of 19 , Dec 5, 2006
              I did get to speak to Mike briefly on Friday Night but didn't mention
              anything about that sort of thing.. I guess we'll find out in due
              course if there is anoything of the sort

              Jitesh.
              "IT'S COMPLETELY SPHERICAL!"

              --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Chapman" <peter1.chapman@...>
              wrote:

              > I'm massively jealous, had it not had a wedding to go to I would have
              been
              > there with Bells on. I'm still hoping they might find some time to do
              a live
              > gig in London, the next one in the UK is Exeter I think which is a
              bit far
              > away but I'm still considering it. Really want to hear some Just for
              Today
              > and Until Tomorrow live and of course everything else but those two in
              > paticular I can imagine being absolutely insane.
              >
              > Finally anyone get a chance to have a word with them? Any sign of
              RAAPB 2?

              > Pete.

            • Richard Wilson
              Message 6 of 19 , Dec 5, 2006
                --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Hybridesque ..." <hybridesque@...>
                wrote:

                > I didn't see Kiri or Di there, but I wouldn't be surprised if you
                were at
                > the right hand side at the front railing (I was left/middle at the
                front).
                > I did meet some other geezers there, one with a blue or green Hybrid
                t-shirt
                > and a fellow with a grey t-shirt with "WE ARE IN CONTROL" on it. If
                you
                > guys are on the list.. please say hi! Same goes for that guy from
                Toronto,
                > Ontario, Canada.

                > Jitesh.
                > "It's completely spherical!!!!"

                That'll be me with the (natural cotton colour that is quite washed
                out) 'control' t-shirt. It's one of two I made up at the tail end of
                2003, and it's the first live gig I've managed to wear it to. :) One
                of my mates who came with has the other one.

                What a superb night, great armosphere in those warehouses (it all
                threw me a bit when we first arrived though).
                The tracks were superb and the performance made everything else there
                seem really quite boring. :D

                And to top it all we got a train back at 3:41 and sat in a pleasant
                warm station. Now you don't get that in London (cue memories of
                walking from Fabric to Baker Street at 4 in the morning. Brr.)

                Cheers

                Rick
              • garethevans3381
                Message 7 of 19 , Dec 5, 2006
                  Yes, thoroughly enjoyable night. Rocked it!

                  Cant wait to see them DJ down my neck of the woods (wrexham) on the
                  15th dec!
                • RICHARD LUND
                  Message 8 of 19 , Dec 5, 2006
                    Any particualr track you may suggest ??

                    RICK

                    >From: "Nick Bower" <nickbower2000@...>
                    >To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com
                    >Subject: Re: [Hybrid] Hybrid Live @ Warehouse Project - Drummer?
                    >Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 12:38:07 -0000
                    >
                    >Yes he does.
                    >
                    >Al's an amazing talented drummer (and an extremely funny guy to
                    >boot). I'm still laughing about some of the things said on Friday,
                    >even now. You may or may not know that in the past he's recorded with
                    >Bob Mellor under the guise 'Frakkar'? It's good stuff too - with an
                    >obvious Hybrid influence.
                    >
                    >Overall the gig was superb - one of the best I've ever seen/heard. It
                    >was great to catch up with everyone I met or bumped into off the list
                    >and I'm glad you all enjoyed it!
                    >
                    >:)
                    >
                    >Nick
                    >
                    >--- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, Jonathan Gerler <djfm@...> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Quick question: does Hybrid still perform with a live drummer these
                    >days? Is
                    > > it Alex? Someone else? What has been up to lately...?
                    > >
                    > > *Lurk mode re-engaged* :)
                    > >
                    > > Jon G
                    > > http://www.djfm.com
                    > > http://www.myspace.com/djfmdotcom

                  • Andy P
                    Message 9 of 19 , Dec 6, 2006
                      Hey,

                      Yeah, that guy from Toronto, Canada, that was me. That was hands down the
                      best show I've ever been to in my life...You may not realize it, but I'm
                      hard pressed to get any Hybrid action over here. I've seen Mike spin twice,
                      which was great, but just pales in comparison to them blasting their own
                      shit... And Finished Symphony...the 20+hours travel time when all was said
                      and done was totally worth it for that alone. I've been waiting 5 years to
                      hear that track live. I also managed to lose myself in a good few record
                      stores over there....all said and done a great trip.

                      You guys had better realize how lucky you are to have a talent like Hybrid
                      rocking locally... ;)

                      >If you
                      >guys are on the list.. please say hi! Same goes for that guy from Toronto,
                      >Ontario, Canada.
                    • Nick Bower
                      Message 10 of 19 , Dec 7, 2006
                        Have a listen to 'Slide' or 'Push'.