Re: Hybrid Live @ Warehouse Project

  • ally @ hybrid-group.com
    Message 1 of 19 , Dec 4, 2006
      It was a fab night...really enjoyed it. Always good to spend a bit of
      quality time with people that I care about :) Nice to see a few peeps
      in the crowd that recognised me in my sparkly hybrid top. Anthony...I
      think I saw you in your green top! Kiri...you must have been about 5 or 6 people away from me, but I didn't spot you.

      Is the mad gal that tried to push me out of the front row on this
      list? If she is...I'd just like to say "nice try, but no banana".
      F**king loony. Do you know who I think I am? ;-)

      Lovely to hear the whole crowd singing Until Tomorrow. I still haven't
      found my voice after loosing it while singing along to Just For Today.

      Ally

      http://www.myspace.com/funkedupcat
      http://www.hybrid-group.com
    • Jonathan Gerler
      Message 2 of 19 , Dec 4, 2006
        Quick question: does Hybrid still perform with a live drummer these days? Is
        it Alex? Someone else? What has been up to lately...?

        *Lurk mode re-engaged* :)

        Jon G
        http://www.djfm.com
        http://www.myspace.com/djfmdotcom
      • Kiri Hatton
        Message 3 of 19 , Dec 4, 2006
          It was indeed a most enjoyable gig. Especially as I hadnt heard finished
          symphony live before so we were well chuffed. Me and Di were at the front
          right in front of the mic where Mr Graham was singing.

          There was only one downside to my experience, and that was the guy who i
          think was a bit worse for wear trying to a) barge me and Di out of the way
          and b) feel us up haha ug that wasnt so nice, was getting a bit fed up with
          him! But overall it was a great night.

          My photos are all pretty rubbish though as my camera isnt so good in the
          dark.
        • Darrin Maunders
          Message 4 of 19 , Dec 4, 2006
            I hope you wore ear protection.

          • ally @ hybrid-group.com
            Message 5 of 19 , Dec 4, 2006
              Yep...Al is still the live drummer and was playing on Friday night.

              A lovely and very amusing guy.

              Ally

              --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, Jonathan Gerler <djfm@...> wrote:

              > Quick question: does Hybrid still perform with a live drummer these
              days? Is
              > it Alex? Someone else? What has been up to lately...?
              >
              > *Lurk mode re-engaged* :)
              >
              > Jon G
            • Hybridesque ...
              Message 6 of 19 , Dec 5, 2006
                I didn't have any lol.. I was thinking about that last weekend.. but
                thankfully my ears seem okay right now.

                Jitesh.

                >From: Darrin Maunders <darrin@...>
                >To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com
                >Subject: Re: [Hybrid] Hybrid Live @ Warehouse Project
                >Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 23:42:20 +0000
                >
                >I hope you wore ear protection.
                >
                >Hybridesque ... wrote:
                > >
                > > Wow wow wow.... this was mind blowing.. they really turned it up to 11
                > > (literally and descriptively). At least this time I managed to get
                > > through
                > > the night without damaging my glasses like I did at the live gig at
                > > Fabric
                > > back in 2003, much to the hilarity of some woman on the train the
                > > following
                > > morning when recounting the events to some cousins of mine the day after
                > > that Fabric gig.
                > >
                > > I didn't see Kiri or Di there, but I wouldn't be surprised if you were
                >at
                > > the right hand side at the front railing (I was left/middle at the
                > > front).
                > > I did meet some other geezers there, one with a blue or green Hybrid
                > > t-shirt
                > > and a fellow with a grey t-shirt with "WE ARE IN CONTROL" on it. If you
                > > guys are on the list.. please say hi! Same goes for that guy from
                > > Toronto,
                > > Ontario, Canada.
                > >
                > > It was great catching up with Ally & Nick, it's been several months,
                > > since
                > > Sheffield back in January.
                > >
                > > Well, what did they play?
                > >
                > > I might have got the track order mixed up but I heard:
                > >
                > > I Choose Noise
                > > Last Man Standing
                > > Kill City
                > > Choke
                > > Until Tomorrow
                > > Snyper
                > > Dreamstalker
                > > Finished Symphony
                > > Just For Today
                > >
                > > The crowd went absolutely ballistic when John Graham came on stage, and
                > > doubly so when Until Tomorrow started and everyone was singing/shouting
                > > along with Quivver as he did vocals. I was absolutely ecstatic when I
                >got
                > > to hear Snyper live.. After Dreamstalker, they were shouting "ONE MORE
                > > TUNE!!!" and they gave us two more.. fantastic!
                > >
                > > I've still got a massive grin on my face this morning... Happy days!!!
                > >
                > > Jitesh.
                > > "It's completely spherical!!!!"

                Find Singles In Your Area Now With Match.com! msnuk.match.com
              • hybridesquev2
                Message 7 of 19 , Dec 5, 2006
                  Somebody barged me backwards during the gig, a girl and a guy.. but
                  might not have been the same girl that tried to push you Ally. Shame
                  I didn't get to say hi to you Kiri/Di, maybe next time.

                  I've still got such a big grin on my face.. widened more so because
                  I'm listening to Radio 1's Live Lounge album.. some really cool stuff
                  on that.

                  Jitesh.
                  "IT'S COMPLETELY SPHERICAL!"
                  --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "ally @ hybrid-group.com" <ally@...>
                  wrote:

                  > It was a fab night...really enjoyed it. Always good to spend a bit
                  of
                  > quality time with people that I care about :) Nice to see a few
                  peeps
                  > in the crowd that recognised me in my sparkly hybrid top.
                  Anthony...I
                  > think I saw you in your green top! Kiri...you must have been about
                  5 or 6 people away from me, but I didn't spot you.

                  > Is the mad gal that tried to push me out of the front row on this
                  > list? If she is...I'd just like to say "nice try, but no banana".
                  > F**king loony. Do you know who I think I am? ;-)
                  >
                  > Lovely to hear the whole crowd singing Until Tomorrow. I still
                  haven't
                  > found my voice after loosing it while singing along to Just For
                  Today.

                  > Ally
                  >
                  > http://www.myspace.com/funkedupcat
                  > http://www.hybrid-group.com

                • hybridesquev2
                  Message 8 of 19 , Dec 5, 2006
                    I thought Tim Hutton was properly amusing on stage, giving a lot
                    during the gig and he looks like a dead ringer for Jason Statham :)

                    wrote:

                    > Yep...Al is still the live drummer and was playing on Friday night.
                    >
                    > A lovely and very amusing guy.
                    >
                    > Ally
                    >

                    > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, Jonathan Gerler <djfm@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Quick question: does Hybrid still perform with a live drummer
                    these
                    > days? Is
                    > > it Alex? Someone else? What has been up to lately...?
                    > >
                    > > *Lurk mode re-engaged* :)
                    > >
                    > > Jon G

                  • Nick Bower
                    Message 9 of 19 , Dec 5, 2006
                      Yes he does.

                      Al's an amazing talented drummer (and an extremely funny guy to
                      boot). I'm still laughing about some of the things said on Friday,
                      even now. You may or may not know that in the past he's recorded with
                      Bob Mellor under the guise 'Frakkar'? It's good stuff too - with an
                      obvious Hybrid influence.

                      Overall the gig was superb - one of the best I've ever seen/heard. It
                      was great to catch up with everyone I met or bumped into off the list
                      and I'm glad you all enjoyed it!

                      :)

                      Nick

                      --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, Jonathan Gerler <djfm@...> wrote:

                      > Quick question: does Hybrid still perform with a live drummer these
                      days? Is
                      > it Alex? Someone else? What has been up to lately...?
                      >
                      > *Lurk mode re-engaged* :)
                      >
                      > Jon G
                      > http://www.djfm.com
                      > http://www.myspace.com/djfmdotcom

                    • Peter Chapman
                      Message 10 of 19 , Dec 5, 2006
                        I'm massively jealous, had it not had a wedding to go to I would have been
                        there with Bells on. I'm still hoping they might find some time to do a live
                        gig in London, the next one in the UK is Exeter I think which is a bit far
                        away but I'm still considering it. Really want to hear some Just for Today
                        and Until Tomorrow live and of course everything else but those two in
                        paticular I can imagine being absolutely insane.

                        Finally anyone get a chance to have a word with them? Any sign of RAAPB 2?

                        Pete.
                      • hybridesquev2
                        Message 11 of 19 , Dec 5, 2006
                          I did get to speak to Mike briefly on Friday Night but didn't mention
                          anything about that sort of thing.. I guess we'll find out in due
                          course if there is anoything of the sort

                          Jitesh.
                          "IT'S COMPLETELY SPHERICAL!"

                          --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Chapman" <peter1.chapman@...>
                          wrote:

                          > I'm massively jealous, had it not had a wedding to go to I would have
                          been
                          > there with Bells on. I'm still hoping they might find some time to do
                          a live
                          > gig in London, the next one in the UK is Exeter I think which is a
                          bit far
                          > away but I'm still considering it. Really want to hear some Just for
                          Today
                          > and Until Tomorrow live and of course everything else but those two in
                          > paticular I can imagine being absolutely insane.
                          >
                          > Finally anyone get a chance to have a word with them? Any sign of
                          RAAPB 2?

                          > Pete.

                        • Richard Wilson
                          Message 12 of 19 , Dec 5, 2006
                            --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Hybridesque ..." <hybridesque@...>
                            wrote:

                            > I didn't see Kiri or Di there, but I wouldn't be surprised if you
                            were at
                            > the right hand side at the front railing (I was left/middle at the
                            front).
                            > I did meet some other geezers there, one with a blue or green Hybrid
                            t-shirt
                            > and a fellow with a grey t-shirt with "WE ARE IN CONTROL" on it. If
                            you
                            > guys are on the list.. please say hi! Same goes for that guy from
                            Toronto,
                            > Ontario, Canada.

                            > Jitesh.
                            > "It's completely spherical!!!!"

                            That'll be me with the (natural cotton colour that is quite washed
                            out) 'control' t-shirt. It's one of two I made up at the tail end of
                            2003, and it's the first live gig I've managed to wear it to. :) One
                            of my mates who came with has the other one.

                            What a superb night, great armosphere in those warehouses (it all
                            threw me a bit when we first arrived though).
                            The tracks were superb and the performance made everything else there
                            seem really quite boring. :D

                            And to top it all we got a train back at 3:41 and sat in a pleasant
                            warm station. Now you don't get that in London (cue memories of
                            walking from Fabric to Baker Street at 4 in the morning. Brr.)

                            Cheers

                            Rick
                          • garethevans3381
                            Message 13 of 19 , Dec 5, 2006
                              Yes, thoroughly enjoyable night. Rocked it!

                              Cant wait to see them DJ down my neck of the woods (wrexham) on the
                              15th dec!
                            • RICHARD LUND
                              Message 14 of 19 , Dec 5, 2006
                                Any particualr track you may suggest ??

                                RICK

                                >From: "Nick Bower" <nickbower2000@...>
                                >To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com
                                >Subject: Re: [Hybrid] Hybrid Live @ Warehouse Project - Drummer?
                                >Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 12:38:07 -0000
                                >
                                >Yes he does.
                                >
                                >Al's an amazing talented drummer (and an extremely funny guy to
                                >boot). I'm still laughing about some of the things said on Friday,
                                >even now. You may or may not know that in the past he's recorded with
                                >Bob Mellor under the guise 'Frakkar'? It's good stuff too - with an
                                >obvious Hybrid influence.
                                >
                                >Overall the gig was superb - one of the best I've ever seen/heard. It
                                >was great to catch up with everyone I met or bumped into off the list
                                >and I'm glad you all enjoyed it!
                                >
                                >:)
                                >
                                >Nick
                                >
                                >--- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, Jonathan Gerler <djfm@...> wrote:
                                > >
                                > > Quick question: does Hybrid still perform with a live drummer these
                                >days? Is
                                > > it Alex? Someone else? What has been up to lately...?
                                > >
                                > > *Lurk mode re-engaged* :)
                                > >
                                > > Jon G
                                > > http://www.djfm.com
                                > > http://www.myspace.com/djfmdotcom

                              • Andy P
                                Message 15 of 19 , Dec 6, 2006
                                  Hey,

                                  Yeah, that guy from Toronto, Canada, that was me. That was hands down the
                                  best show I've ever been to in my life...You may not realize it, but I'm
                                  hard pressed to get any Hybrid action over here. I've seen Mike spin twice,
                                  which was great, but just pales in comparison to them blasting their own
                                  shit... And Finished Symphony...the 20+hours travel time when all was said
                                  and done was totally worth it for that alone. I've been waiting 5 years to
                                  hear that track live. I also managed to lose myself in a good few record
                                  stores over there....all said and done a great trip.

                                  You guys had better realize how lucky you are to have a talent like Hybrid
                                  rocking locally... ;)

                                  >If you
                                  >guys are on the list.. please say hi! Same goes for that guy from Toronto,
                                  >Ontario, Canada.
                                • Nick Bower
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Dec 7, 2006
                                    Have a listen to 'Slide' or 'Push'.